What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Rabbitohs Discussion + voting

hellteam

First Grade
Provides a,massive boost coming off the bench, same as Hunt. Not sure they would have the same impact starting

qld aussie

Juniors
2. gillette changed the game when he came on
2. wallace gets bettter every week
1. hoffman dangerous every time he touchs the ball
1. thaiday capts knock 2nd half

JYY devastating injury all the best for a speedy recovery.
Once again broncos too slow to start the game.Coach needs to wake up and smell the roses gillett and mcquire need to start the game.

davidn

Juniors
For footy double purposes can anybody confirm who Matt Gillett replaced when he went on ?????

00digger00

Juniors
Gillett 3 went hard and had a good game
Hannet 2 another chase down and worked hard all night in the middle
T'eo 1 had some good runs and pretty solid in D
I would love to give Anderson 1 for trying a cannon ball on Luke, but he misses out because of that dropped ball. Sometimes that can be the diffrence in a ball game.
Other than that good game. Backs were to the wall for 60 minutes and some shocking calls from the ref. Good to see reed stay out. I feel for Yow Yeh.

gUt

Coach
For mine

3 Hannant
2 Wallace
1 Hoffman

So proud of our boys last night. My dad reckons it's the most courageous Broncos win he's ever seen. Not only to claw back (we are fitter than them imo) but against the terrible calls we kept getting.

Hunt played his best game for us as well.

Last edited:

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
oh i know, some of the stuff he says is quite humerous.

Anyway just saw the game after working last night.

3 Hannant - massive player this year never stops working
2 Gillett - Standout would have got my three points the last two weeks if he had started
1 Wallace - stood up today, showed what he is capable of and led the team well

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Looking forward to this one. Inglis looked great at Fullback for the Bunnies last week, so we will have to contain him. And Taylor should be in for a big one after signing with the Titans.

I think we can get 'em. But can't make as many errors as we made last week!

Yeah right on both accounts with Taylor and Inglis trying to storm over us.
Didn't read the stats on error count and set completion but sure it wasn't pretty. And save the risky offloads (if you have to) until you're at least near your 5th. Saw too many dumb offloads on 2nd and 3rd tackles - way too much pressure on ourselves handing it over.

But that was a real gutsy win and in Lockys words "character building" match. We never gave up and hung our heads even after Yow Yeh's injury and the shit ref calls!

Strong win against a brutal bunnies team that carved us up the middle too much. Do we have any good dummy half runners? I think Wallace goes for the odd scamper along with Beale etc. Gillett had another great one along with Hoffman, Hannant, McGuire. Beale looked better out there and Wallace moved us around the park well. Hodges pretty solid as always just don't friggin play basketball out there ffs!

Great comeback and look forward to the Dragons slaying! :)

AuDragon

Juniors
I was seriously worried about our capacity to overcome adversity without Lockyer... Looks like I had nothing to worry about, what a gutsy win in the face of everything those first 25 minutes from hell threw at them!

3- Wallace
2- Gillett
1- Hoffman

Many players missing out because there can be only three, but honorary mentions to Hannant, McGuire, Thaiday, Hunt and Beale, who looked much more comfortable on the right wing!

Bring on Gagai on the left wing and let him build towards next season!

So proud of the boys, and so grateful to Paul White, Andrew Gee and Anthony Griffin, for making the right decision at the right time and turning a team that would drop their heads at the least adversity and suffered several humiliations including that 56-0 in Canberra, into what we see today!

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Stop whingeing about the calls. Your only points in the first half came after a penalty off a blatant knock on from Thaiday playing the ball. They even out eventually.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Apologies that was the Hodges no try. Still gave Bronx momentum though that they didn't deserve. Rabbitohs should have been on attack not defending. The try then came 4 minutes after the penalty.

Big Pete

Referee
:roll:

That's one fortunate call, if we were counting all the relieving penalties Souths would probably lead that count too.

It doesn't make up for the heavy handed sin bin, stupid penalty on Glenn for catching the ball or the very sus second South's try. (Among other sus calls).

Winners are grinners and it's great to see such a young side overcome adversity like they did. And that's the bottom line.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
:roll:

That's one fortunate call, if we were counting all the relieving penalties Souths would probably lead that count too.

It doesn't make up for the heavy handed sin bin, stupid penalty on Glenn for catching the ball or the very sus second South's try. (Among other sus calls).

Winners are grinners and it's great to see such a young side overcome adversity like they did. And that's the bottom line.

Not denying the Broncos didn't deserve to win nor had the rub of the green with the referees but that was a very impprtant call in their favour. Had it been correctly ruled a knock on and the Rabbitohs scored, it would have almost been game over at halftime.

Latest posts