What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Rabbitohs Discussion + voting

Snappy

Coach
Broncos name unchanged line-up

AAP Tue, Mar 20, 2012 - 11:04 AM

Brisbane have named an unchanged 17-man squad for their NRL away clash with South Sydney in Perth on Friday night.
Winger Gerard Beale has been named in the starting side, despite being told by the club on Monday it had withdrawn a contract extension offer.
Beale has been strongly linked with St George Illawarra, who are looking for a fullback following the departure this season of Test No.1 Darius Boyd.
Brisbane will head to Perth hoping to avenge their loss to the Rabbitohs in last year's corresponding game at nib Stadium.
That game was played in atrocious conditions after a savage storm just before kick-off.
The looming clash between Queensland Origin teammates, Brisbane's Justin Hodges and South Sydney's Greg Inglis, will be one of the features in two sides coming off last-start wins.

http://www.nrl.com/broncos-name-unchanged-line-up/tabid/10874/newsid/66403/default.aspx

Snappy

Coach
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday (c)
13. Ben Te'o

14. Ben Hunt
15. Josh McGuire
16. Matt Gillett
17. Scott Anderson

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Bit surprised they didn't bring Gagai in, given Beale's end-of-season departure and Gagai's good form.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Bit surprised they didn't bring Gagai in, given Beale's end-of-season departure and Gagai's good form.

There was an article somewhere around here with Hook basically assuring Beale that he won't be thrown out to Redcliffe just for signing elsewhere.

Don't expect him to put up with any more dropped bombs though.

Mr Saab

Referee
LOL @ Paul Stringer!

This is a danger game for Brisbane....but then they all are for us as i think we are still an unknown

Mr Fourex

Bench
Hope someone told the boys to pack their flippers........just in case it rains

sure could have used them last time. The field in Perth was a disgrace.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I enjoyed the game last year, not the result but just the comedy of it it was a joke and probably shouldn't have been played but it is great fun playing in games when it is as wet as that.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
There was an article somewhere around here with Hook basically assuring Beale that he won't be thrown out to Redcliffe just for signing elsewhere.

Don't expect him to put up with any more dropped bombs though.

Beale is with Wynnum if he's dropped.

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Looking forward to this one. Inglis looked great at Fullback for the Bunnies last week, so we will have to contain him. And Taylor should be in for a big one after signing with the Titans.

I think we can get 'em. But can't make as many errors as we made last week!

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah a little nervous about this game. I think Bronx played there worst football last week and only managed to get 3 tries out of 12 golden chances!

Still a long way off from top form, but if we can scrap together the wins and stay in the top four hopefully all will come good for us.

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: I forgot how dramatic the 2003 game was.

Wow, we were thoroughly outplayed for the majority of that contest, our pack couldn't make any inroads, our halves and backs (with the exception of 1. D. Lockyer) were a virtual non-threat and most of our points came against the run of play yet somehow someway we found a way to win.

Couple of notes...
- If I was handing out votes I would have gone 3. Tallis 2. Lockyer 1. Parker. 3 and 2 changed in the space of one play but Gordie came up with a couple of other big plays such as setting up De Vere with a room service grubber kick and scored a signature Tallis try. Lockyer was Lockyer, his long distance kicking game constantly got us out of trouble and he set up the first with his trademark feign to kick and go. Parker made an instant impact when he came on in both attack and defence. Tate a little unlucky, boy was he quick.

- Strange decision in the end not to go for 2 with a minute and a half to go to tie us up. In a show of total no confidence we decided to take the tap instead of giving the ball to De Vere 10m or so out from the post. Sure De Vere was 1/4 but such a decision would be ridiculously criticised in today's game.

- If people think our halves suck now, they should take a gander at Ikin & Berrigan. Pee eww. Oh and McCullough >>> Swain. And while we're bagging out players I'd have to say this game stands as one of Webcke and Civoniceiva's worse.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Looking forward to this one. Inglis looked great at Fullback for the Bunnies last week, so we will have to contain him. And Taylor should be in for a big one after signing with the Titans.

We'll have to aim up out wide. If Inglis and Taylor play anything like they did last week then we could be in trouble.......

Captain Rabbit

Juniors

I think the major concern for Brisbane tonight in terms of Inglis and Taylor is how Burgess and Sutton will take full advantage of all the focus being placed on those two players. It could get very interesting down the Bronco's defensive left edge.

Mr Fourex

Bench
John Sutton is the laziest footballer in the NRL.

We've seen the one "good" half game from him for the season last week.......

Last edited: