What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Immortal
lol the clubs will never back the boomers in the state boards. Like I said, they have always been about feeding old boys. It's a hangover from Union days.
They did when they sacked John grant

They could do it to pvl too if he doesn’t keep throwing money at the clubs and state bodies

The arlc isn’t truly independent

Perth Red

Post Whore
Can you clue me into what say the NSWRL and QLR have in the game today?

Edit: That legal case has nothing to do with the run of the game nationally either lol. Why are you so dishonest?
They both have seats on the ARLC. You know the body responsible for setting strategic priorities for the game and signing off on budget allocations lol

Did you just miss the news where they got a massive grant rise?

The court case was in relation to the comments on NZRL interfering in ARL business. Just like the ARLC tried to do, and failed spectacularly not once but twice, in NSWRL business.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
They did when they sacked John grant

They could do it to pvl too if he doesn’t keep throwing money at the clubs and state bodies

The arlc isn’t truly independent
I think he has that figured out because the clubs are getting more money than ever. The state bodies can't provide anything real to the clubs. Tbh they are archaic systems infected with nepotism and favoritism. With the money coming in now, the ARLC should just come over the top and take junior development off them.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
They both have seats on the ARLC. You know the body responsible for setting strategic priorities for the game and signing off on budget allocations lol

Did you just miss the news where they got a massive grant rise?

The court case was in relation to the comments on NZRL interfering in ARL business. Just like the ARLC tried to do, and failed spectacularly not once but twice, in NSWRL business.
How effective are their votes without club support?

Wb1234

Immortal
I think he has that figured out because the clubs are getting more money than ever. The state bodies can't provide anything real to the clubs. Tbh they are archaic systems infected with nepotism and favoritism. With the money coming in now, the ARLC should just come over the top and take junior development off them.
They were supposed to kill off both the nswrl and qrl when the arlc was formed

So much wasted money and nepotism from them holding the game back

Hartcher as qrl boss was against the dolphins in the nrl as it weakens qrl comp

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
the ARLC should just come over the top and take junior development off them.
They should but then again it would be a monumental task to keep it humming after it’s been run a certain way by certain people for a long time. They would need to create a subsidiary to run it for them and majority of the best candidates would come from NSWRL and QRL Anyways. So they’d be breaking something down only to build something similar back up.

Seems like a waste of time and money. I don’t think the ARLC have the energy for such a challenge tbh. Easier to give more cash to what’s there now.