What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs. Roosters Discussion + Voting

Dazzat

First Grade
You mention our attack and reserve grade backline. However, I think our attack has got bigger problems then just the backline. Two of the most important aspects of attack these days are quick play the ball and 2nd phase play. The Broncos have neither. Our forwards simply don't have the skill level. Gillett is our best, Teo a bit and Setu can but doesn't anymore. Our front row forwards (Kenny, Anderson, Sims) have absolutely no skill.

Yep. I didn't mention the state of our front-row and our forward pack ... that's a given and I have posted many times about that.

Thaiday, at times, played a lot tighter last night and gave us some impact in the middle. Maguire showed glimpses, but I wouldn't expect him to perform at that level than any more than 10 minutes a game.

McCullogh, though very talented, is still learning the ropes as well. A good dummy half can make up for lack of strike power in the forwards with some guile ... a la Smith ... we often say that Melbourne continues to win with a second rate front row ... how? Cameron Smith directing play and making the forwards look better than their years.

screeder

Juniors
Yep. I didn't mention the state of our front-row and our forward pack ... that's a given and I have posted many times about that.

Thaiday, at times, played a lot tighter last night and gave us some impact in the middle. Maguire showed glimpses, but I wouldn't expect him to perform at that level than any more than 10 minutes a game.

McCullogh, though very talented, is still learning the ropes as well. A good dummy half can make up for lack of strike power in the forwards with some guile ... a la Smith ... we often say that Melbourne continues to win with a second rate front row ... how? Cameron Smith directing play and making the forwards look better than their years.

Absolute, glad he's at the club and Bruno, leave him alone or just give him what he wants. It's bad enough that Cameron Smith doesn't play at the club.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
3 thaiday by a mile
2 te'o had a dig and when moved into the forwards got more involved
1 hard this one....maybe sims cos he at least tried to run hard

again as i said last week watch the amount of offloads the roosters had against us, look at us struggle to contain the oppositions second phase play and our lack of second phase play.

whilst the team is incredibly inexperienced the reality is we arent going to score points with one out running. locky and wallace seemed bereft of ideas in attack, yes i know we're missing a lot of quality backs but these guys still need to try and create something

given we took 2 backs on the bench there really was no excuse for gillett to be on the wing and winterstein in the middle of the park

whilst i still believe a full strength lineup could do well, the reality is with the players missing the season could be over before it begins :(

and i feel for rivett he really looked out of his depth

also copley scored 4 tries in the u/20's, sure the team leaked 38 points as well but he could give a bit of spark in the centres

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Sims made good metres and made an impact unlike your lover boy Dodds. Sims was kept off the field for so long because Henjak has no clue. It was no surprise to me that the Broncos were at there best when Sims was on the field.:crazy:

Dodds didn't play. Sims looked completely disinterested at the end to me. Didn't want to run the ball. How many runs did he make in the last 20? Bugger all hence why he has been struggling in Q Cup.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Dodds didn't play. Sims looked completely disinterested at the end to me. Didn't want to run the ball. How many runs did he make in the last 20? Bugger all hence why he has been struggling in Q Cup.

He was referring to Dodds other games...

He made more than 2, that's for sure.

beads6

First Grade

So when you went down in Dodds did you spit or swallow?? Sims was one of our better performers last night he actually gave the forward pack some punch unlike your lover boy Dodds :lol:

bron_cos

Juniors
stats speak louder then words

dodds in three games run metres 80, hit ups 8
sims in one game rmetres 81, hit ups 10

hmmmmm looking at the i dont understand why everyone is on sims back

Big Pete

Referee
Sims made one mistake last night and that was his defence at marker which Carney exploited to go over.

I thought he sparked the pack last night. Was good off the line and wasn't afraid to get in the Roosters faces.

I still think Dodds is being used poorly. He should be starting, along with Sims, and stamping his authority in defence, which is the area of his game that he's being selected for (and doing a mighty fine job of...just because the commentators don't alert you to it doesn't mean it's not happening).

renouf

Juniors
I wanna know what has happened to Wallace's short kicking game.. hes not putting in any grubbers like last season.

Broncos93

Juniors
Wouldn't be a bad thing if Wallace was out anyway
Seriously, f**k off. You are not wanted by anyone on the Broncos board. You post negative, depressing bullsh*t every single week and you've just more or less wished injury on our halfback. You're clearly an ignorant, clueless twat and I wish you to go join Smith at the Sharks and never look back.
Any other fair weather Broncos fans like this twat can piss off now because no one wants to have to sit through your bullsh*t for the next 22 rounds of the season. Real footy fans stick with their team through thick and thin, and idiots pointing the finger at players who give up all of their year bar 6 weeks to train and play for us fans are a disgrace and don't deserve to be supporting a Rugby League team.

3. Thaiday
2. T'eo
1.McCullough

Clearly we're in the sh*t for season 2010. Hopefully once we get all our good players back from injury things will start to turn around. If they don't, then forget about keeping our finals record intact because I honestly beleive we'll be serious contenders for the wooden spoon this year. I had to go through tonight listening to my bloody boss rev me up about the game last night (Roosters fan) and telling me how we're going to be fighting for the spoon this season.

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
I wanna know what has happened to Wallace's short kicking game.. hes not putting in any grubbers like last season.

Combination, combination, combination ... it takes time. If memory serves, it was Hunt and possibly Parker who were following through on grubbers last year .... Norman still looks like he's establishing those combinations. In fact, he was virtually unsighted on Friday night in attack.

renouf

Juniors
Combination, combination, combination ... it takes time. If memory serves, it was Hunt and possibly Parker who were following through on grubbers last year .... Norman still looks like he's establishing those combinations. In fact, he was virtually unsighted on Friday night in attack.

Setu is one of them.. he scored a couple in that semi final last year against Saints

beads6

First Grade

Dude isn't that what preseason is for??? At this point I am starting to want Hoffman out back because he really runs the balls back with enthusiasm unlike Norman..

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Dude isn't that what preseason is for??? At this point I am starting to want Hoffman out back because he really runs the balls back with enthusiasm unlike Norman..

So you want to replace our safest player defensive wise with someone who couldn't tackle a player in an U7's girls team?

beads6

First Grade
So you want to replace our safest player defensive wise with someone who couldn't tackle a player in an U7's girls team?

I am glad the kid can tackle but we need more from him at fullback that is all I am saying. :crazy:

Latest posts