What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 vs the eels

BossleyPanther

Juniors
One thing I have noticed with our keft edges. Whether Garner or fill-in Salmon.Luai has been reluctant to go to them at times. To me that is mistrust. Unfortunately that misses opportunities too.
The change is needed. Hopefully Martin is fit.
Yes that is right, I've mentioned he cuts out to Tago. I think once or twice the ball went astray

Iamback

Coach
Zac Hoskings - 83mins played - 54 Tackles - 0 missed.

That’s all I need to know.

Liam Martin goes to the left, Zac on the right.

Doesn't help the attack though. He is a Martin clone that holds the ball.

The side as a whole missed 13 tackles, He is hardly an outlier

age.s

First Grade
Doesn't help the attack though. He is a Martin clone that holds the ball.

The side as a whole missed 13 tackles, He is hardly an outlier
Ran a really nice line for his try. A far better contribution than most with the ball last night.

The yak

Juniors
Worth a look at stats wise.

Looking at a small sample size. 3 games played 48 points scored in attack this year, against some tough opposition.

How did we fair previous years after 3 games and what were the opposition? Keep in mind Cleary missed a few games in 2022 and 1 in 2020.

Bracketed figures indicate where oppenents would finish at the end of that season.

2022) 86 points scored against 3 teams that would miss the finals.
28 v Manly (Would finish 11th)
20 v Saints (10th)
38 v New (14)

2021) 64 points scored against 2 teams that would miss the finals.
24 v N,Qld (15th)
28 v dogs (16th)
12 v Melb (1st)

2020) 66 points scored against 2 teams that would make the finals.
20 vs Souths (6th)
32 v Saints (12th)
14 vs New (7th)

2019) 30 points scored against two teams that would make the finals.
12 V Parra, (5th)
16 vs New (11th)
2 vs Storm (1st)

48 points scored is our least amount of points since 2019.
However including our dominant period (20-22) it is clear to see. Most of our past opponents have been down the lower end of the ladder. Compared to the 3 games we have had this year.
Obviously we don't know where the teams we have played are going to finish yet. They certainly have been 3 tougher opponents than previous years.

I would like to see how we really go on a dry track in the afternoon against a mid-table team to see how good our attack is this year.

Top post.

The yak

Juniors
This is how I see Penrith at the moment. The defense is still excellent and brutal. But this style is semi final like. You can't do it every week. That's why you need to be able to score points so can tone the defense down.

Yeo and Cleary where awesome. The best two players who make others look better then they are.
Edwards still playing at a high level as is Tago. I don't get the Tago criticism. Penisni is elite defensive and he stayed on him all game. He still ran for 200mtrs or close. Crighton got to attack Waqa and Waqa shut him down. I'm not sold on Crighton. Good in space or when you're owning the opposition but when it's tough and tight he isn't that effective.

Hosking's was very good. Ran hard. Much more potent then Garner.
Issue last night was Leota 40 mtrs, Garner 20mtrs JFH 80 mtrs. That's just not enough from your big men. Especially Leota who is a power runner.

Also To'o isn't making those bullocking runs as of yet. It was similar last season thou until mid year and he exploded.

As far as Api goes he is a huge loss. When Penrith role he used to jet off and catch markers out, get penalties or 6 agains etc. Kenny is dead set a lock forward. He has no creativity. Just passes ball. That's fine for 20mins to fill in but you need a hooker who can kick, run, throw the odd LBA and TAs. I don't see any of that in him. Reminds me of a guy we had called Matt Keating but atleast he could kick. Same initials which is ironic.
If have a spot open i'd go to market or promote a kid. I wouldn't waste my time with MK starting.
Joey Lussick at the Warriors would be a handy pick up.

This is why I like your input Hindy. Your not a Panthers supporter or hater, and can't be accused of being biased or blind to our problems.
Your opinion is well appreciated.

The yak

Juniors
That other thing that posts here as a Parramatta idiot can piss right off.
Anyone that plays down Nathan's FG is obviously a hater or a braindead moron.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sell him to the Dragons. Hook buys players that are over 30 and past it.

What Dragons did in the last 9 mins last week showed what a week spirited club they are.
They literally gave up amd let Brisbane run in the last 3 tries. Terrible.
Last night we saw two sides who went at it for the full 80. That's how you get epic games. Last night's game had huge moments on both ends.
Even Guths tackle on JFH was immense. It was what fans want to be watching. Teams giving 100% win or lose

Iamback

Coach
Ran a really nice line for his try. A far better contribution than most with the ball last night.

That would leave a starting team of

Edwards
To'o
Tago
Crichton
Turuva
Luai
Cleary
Fish
Kenny
Leota
Hosking
Martin
Yeo

Even allowing for cohesion how many points realistically does that 13 have in it?

That said he should be playing edge off the bench before Salmon

Panfa

Juniors
I was kinda hoping kenny got suspended for a week or 2 just to see how the team goes without him.I think peachey in for salmon,hosking in for garner,and blacker in for the injured luke.That would give us a bench of leniu blacker sorenson and peachey.

age.s

First Grade

Edwards
To'o
Tago
Crichton
Turuva
Luai
Cleary
Fish
Kenny
Leota
Hosking
Martin
Yeo

Even allowing for cohesion how many points realistically does that 13 have in it?

Less than I would like, but more than the same team with Garner in his place.

MugaB

Coach
This is why I like your input Hindy. Your not a Panthers supporter or hater, and can't be accused of being biased or blind to our problems.
Your opinion is well appreciated.
Complete bullshìt, have a go at talking up Brendon hands, and putting shit on Mitch kenny.. fmd ...please hindy thinks the eels can do no wrong, im sure has bought a tickets for the GF already,
...the fact that waqa blake is still on the run on side is telling of the the mental deficiency of the pawwwa coaching staff, give me a break won one game this season, and in extra time, and thinks they are world beaters

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
I was kinda hoping kenny got suspended for a week or 2 just to see how the team goes without him.I think peachey in for salmon,hosking in for garner,and blacker in for the injured luke.That would give us a bench of leniu blacker sorenson and peachey.
Whos hooker? Surely we aren't using peachey jebuz

MugaB

Coach

Edwards
To'o
Tago
Crichton
Turuva
Luai
Cleary
Fish
Kenny
Leota
Hosking
Martin
Yeo

Edwards
Turuva
Tago
Crichton
To'o
Luai
Cleary
Fish
Kenny
Leota
Martin
Hosking
Yeo

Peachey
Sorenson
Leniu
Salmon

Has to be... unless big Ivan has rox in his head and garners on the bench for some strange 2nd rower luvin reason, even then maverik surely should get a debut ahead of that plodder