What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 (2008) Dragons v Panthers

Pistol

Coach
Dragons

Do you realise that life is short? = 88 (Johnsy)

A list of “do’s” in world of rugby league in order for it to survive. Very well presented and well written. (I agree with the flick footy)

The Loss = 86 (minus 10 for exceeding the word count by more than 50 words) new mark = 76 (The Preacher)

A well written account about the life and loss of the writer’s father. The amount of words over the limit hurt the mark.

My First Game = 77 (DragonPunk)

An account of the writers first game of footy. A few errors detected which hurt the mark. When referring to yourself in the first person, the “I” must be a capital, regardless of whether its in the middle of a sentence, the end or the start. Also work on how you break up your sentences. A good flowing paragraph works well, especially at the start.

Consistency of Effort and Where the F*ck do we Dig? = 87 (Ribs)

The writer didn’t hold back when pondering the reasons for a loss. Well written.

Panthers

White Jersey Blue, “The Game’s Great Villains” = 84 (The Piper)

This had the feeling of an episode of Blue Heelers mashed in with Home and Away. Although creative I felt it lacked a bit of direction.

Paul’s Story Part Three – The Mistake = 90 (LeagueNut)

The dressing room or even a football field can be a lonely place at times. The writer detailed it in this piece. Well written, it had me captivated until the end.

Unleash The Fury = 87 (madunit)

The title of the article is well represented in the content. The writer certainly let his feelings known. It even brought a chuckle out of me. Well done.

I’ll be your BEST friend, if you pay me! = 83 (furrycat)

The writer makes his feelings known towards certain members past and present of his footy club. About fair to middling.

Melbourne – the new Brisbane? = 88 (Azkatro)

A good write up on Melbourne perhaps building a dynasty, much in the mould of the Broncos over the past decade. Well presented.

Penrith defeat Dragons 432-328

MOM = LeagueNut

LeagueNut

First Grade
\\\\:D/\\\\:D/

Well played everyone - and cheers to Pistol for the marking. :b:

Onwards and upwards Panthers!!

LeagueNut

First Grade
blah-grumpy.gif

Backpacker Points

3 points - LeagueNut (Panthers) :clap:
2 points - Azkatro (Panthers) & Johnsy (Dragons) :thumn
1 point - Ribs (Dragons) & madunit (Panthers) :mrgreen:

The Preacher

First Grade
If I could work that f**king word counter I wouldn't be making those mistakes, but sh!t it would've been hard to shorten.

_Johnsy

Referee
Leaguenut
Cheers

Preach
Ater getting news of a similar vein this morning, Fugg the points, I loved the article, heartfelt and personal. I'd have been happy if it was awarded 1 point. You should be proud of such a piece.