What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Predictions

amnrlfan

Juniors
USARL

Bye week for entire league

AMNRL

Friday July 1

Wildcats @ Knights - Knights are coming off a big win last week and I think will be too much for the Wildcats in offense. Knights are looking good and between them and the Sharks they are the team to beat.

Sharks, Bulls, Vipers, Raiders bye week

Hawaii Conference

July 2

Allstarts @ Voyagers - Can't have much of a prediction here, haven't herd much of either side. will be be looking forward to a game summary or some info on these teams.

Crusaders @ Islanders - Good Luck.

druzik

Juniors
Why is the game not going ahead mate?

Someone one decided in the AMNRL that these two teams playing each other 3 times was not on ... not their fault the first outing was because a different team couldn't scratch a team together.

I have heard down the grapevine that the New York Knights are seriously angry about this decision and being burnt one too many times now.

GTL

Juniors
It would be nice for Mr. Knight to explain why the Knights versus Wildcats game did not go off this past weekend? Why the midwest game between Detroit and Chicago was not played and why the Hawaiian comp did not have any games this past weekend?

deal.with.it

Juniors
Because of the 4th of july weekend.
No idea about the mid west game and all the proposed hawaiian games.
Niu has definitely not delivered thats for sure.
I just wish in the usarl, that they opted for only 1 boston team.
Oh well ...

Play some footy

Juniors
It would be nice for Mr. Knight to explain why the Knights versus Wildcats game did not go off this past weekend?

the obvious would be that they already played each other twice this year and probably don't need to a 3rd time in a 6 team comp

but i'm sure you're looking for something deeper / juicier

Chicago Saints

Juniors
It would be nice for Mr. Knight to explain why the Knights versus Wildcats game did not go off this past weekend? Why the midwest game between Detroit and Chicago was not played and why the Hawaiian comp did not have any games this past weekend?

Chicago game was not played due to unforeseen circumstances at the local level which was no fault of Mr Niu's - sounds like that may disappoint some of you?

It will be played hopefully in the coming weeks and will be a Chicago v Midwest select fixture. If it doesn't get played - give us a break, we'll get there - development just takes time.

Steve Davy

Juniors
Mate, as a chap in the USARL, the best of luck to you in Chicago. It is tough to get the game going anywhere and it is an achievement to have established a club.

So, best of luck to you, your club and the AmNRL.

GTL

Juniors
Dear Saint I do agree that development takes time but at the same time the Rhode Island Rebellion, NJ Titans and Oneida are all first year clubs that were formed less than 6 months ago and are all competing week in and week out.

deal.with.it

Juniors
I have no problem with development taking time, and those in chicago taking as much time as they want to ensure successful development in the midwest.
My problem is with the AMNRL and their constant articles, news updates, twitter updates etc..
If you are going to make big announcements, including team names and dates, you can't keep post-poning the games or scrapping them or just saying "unforseen circumstances".
It doesn't work! By all means tell the world that there are plans to have these games, but you can't give certain details, specific details, and then not go through with it.
How about all the planning be done before the AMNRL decides to write up an article.

Play some footy

Juniors
Dear Saint I do agree that development takes time but at the same time the Rhode Island Rebellion, NJ Titans and Oneida are all first year clubs that were formed less than 6 months ago and are all competing week in and week out.

you're not referring to a club losing by 100+ points in a game as competing?

tcc_dc

Juniors

Better to show up than not play at all.

That being said, most people forget how far Chicago is from major cities. The work Saint is doing is great. There is not a large expat community in Milwaukee, Indianopolis, etc that would lead to close rugby league games.

I predict he will have two or three teams in CHicago before some of the more Midwest Cities. Hell, I would be reaching out to the Lions, Griffins, etc in Chicago to see what is possible.

Choo Choo

Juniors

As for the 104-0 win by the Fight over Oneida, we've all been thrashed at one point in our careers. On 29 July 2006, the Fight lost to the Axemen 96-8 in Jacksonville.

In the 2009 AMNRL season, there were a few thrashings; 13s over Raiders 64-7 (13s first season), Knights over Slayers 64-8, Eagles over Wildcats 74-6, Fight over Slayers 72-16.

In the 2010 AMNRL season, Eagles over Vipers 80-4, Fight over Raiders 76-0, Bulls over Eagles 96-22, Warriors over Raiders 74-5. Warriors over Raiders 84-6, Warriors over Wildcats 80-14, Warriors over Eagles 80-26.

So there are plenty of examples of teams getting smashed over the past few years, so don't just single out one team. Every team should be respected for showing up and competing.

Play some footy

Juniors
As for the 104-0 win by the Fight over Oneida, we've all been

So there are plenty of examples of teams getting smashed over the past few years, so don't just single out one team. Every team should be respected for showing up and competing.

you're entitled to your opinion as am i. i would not consider being thrashed by over 100 pts as a. competing; b. good for anything.

in fact, it could very well be a game like this that keeps players from ever playing again.

besides 2 of the teams in your examples don't exist anymore, possibly from said thrashings?