What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 | Storm 34-22 Knights @ AAMI Park | Fri March 30 @ 7.30pm

Round 5 result :: Storm vs Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aqua_duck

Coach
100%!!!

He had gaps everywhere but kept looking for runners

It's like he's allergic to running hard into a gap, he either looks around for runners or goes back infield, he needs to realise he's a wide running backrower and put his head down and run it hard

Jono078

Referee
Boyd, Gidley and McKinnon were our shittest IMO.

Even Bedsy didn't have the best game, I think he tries to hard when he comes up against Cam Smith.

Hated that game so much, didn't feel like we could be in it with the refs.. But obviously, I still don't think we would have been good enough anyway.

Rusty

Juniors
We're a f**king joke. No professionalism whatsoever. Sau kicking for goal? f**king hilarious. Dumb shits.

They killed us with the set plays. Dropped balls killed us again. We played ok. Our spirit is still there. Boyd needs to be given a rocket. Get busy mate.

Jono078

Referee
12 points in the end, is there a positive in this loss?
We kept playing for the 80.

22 points is the most points we've scored this season, against the Storm no less.

Few players hit form and continued on with form, in particular Tahu, he made us look dangerous out wide.

Even with Gidley and Boyd being so bad, it's almost a positive because surely they'll be better when it matters, although patience is wearing thin with Boyd for mine. He's making Shannon McDonnell look his equal...

Nuffy

Bench
I'll start by saying we looked good in patches but simple errors killed us. We are still a work in progress but some of the players are making unacceptably dumb mistakes.

But let me say that the Storm are grubs, their constant work in the play the ball would cost any other team 10 penalties a game.

They are given the benefit of the doubt in all 50/50 calls, the Duffie dropped bomb, the Lowrie pass, the Mcmanus knock back. Isnt there a video ref anymore?

They aren't going to lose many games if they keep getting the rub of the green.

Can I also say that I utterly resent the fact that the Storm are subsidized to the tune of $8M by the NRL, which allows them to not have to cut any corners. How would they be if they were running on the Sharks budget, would they be as successful if they had to live within their means.

Do I need to say that I f**king hate Melbourne.

We are close. Real close. We never gave up. Our execution needs a serious overhaul. Tonight we got frustrated because we knew we were right in it but every time we got within range we shot our own feet off. The most frutstrating game I have watched in a long time. Cheer up. The Dragons are getting smashed. Mullen was outstanding.

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
12 points in the end, is there a positive in this loss?
Well firstly we all need to stop reaching for the razor blades whenever we lose.

Secondly at 28-6 the Storm had every right to go on with it and win by 40. I admired the fact we didn't give up.

We made far too many mistakes (10 I think) and the Storm scored six tries from them. The thing about the Storm is that they're just so clinical. I hate them with an immense passion but the sign of a good side is when you make the opposition pay for their mistakes. I don't think we're too far off the pace.

There's plenty to work with from this one.

Apey

Staff member
we copped some crappy calls but I also think we were lucky to concede only two penalties

and let's be honest, we were completely outclassed anyway.

as I said in the main gameday thread, love watching the Storm play except when it is against us... they are insane when on.

early days.

IanG

Coach
The Knights were their own worst enemy tonight.

Too much dropped ball and were made to pay dearly. Just a shamed that the late comeback was after the horse had already bolted.

rabble

Juniors
Thought the the Knights were pretty good. Feel they, Storm, got on the rub of the green on more than a couple of occassions. hope the the NRL does'nt feel sorry for them. You could say so much about that performance. One thing is Mullo is the best DEF half in the comp. Instead of talking about the tackle that he hit BS with in the ingoal, they're talking about the pass BS threw. thought it was a good measure and that we would and should be able able to beat them later in the season.Aku? you were sayin? Is JM the No. 1 winger at the mo in Newy? Aku needs something to happen inside him for him to happen.