What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Eels (previews, spoilers, post match discussion...)

choc_soldier

Coach
I'll say - indeed a shock!

But that was one of THE best Penrith wins I have ever seen. Bay 55 at Parra Stadium was rocking! Everyone found their voice, and it was just an awesome thing to be a part of.

That second half was just... well, magic! I couldn't believe my eyes. That was Penrith at their best. The fact we did it without Gower, and scored 30 unanswered points - words can't describe it.

I thought with Gower off the field, we would stuggle somewhat - but I love being proven wrong in these situations. All the best to him, and hopefully the injury isn't too bad, and he is back on the field as quickly as possible.

Hayne - what a joke. Should never be seen anywhere near a first grade NRL match again.

Caged Panther

First Grade
It was indeed a beautiful, inspiring win. When gower went off I started worring not just about today's game but the next ??? no of weeks.

I didn't have too. If a few players step up just that bit and we slot in Wallace to 5/8 I think we'll come out of it okay.

I guess the question is could we be a bit flat next week after what was an very emotional performance?

*Sandy*

First Grade
I thought Lewis was sensational covering 5/8th. Leave him there and bring up someone to cover centre spot - Lewis is maturing into a great footballer.

Wesser was lightning at various times.

A lot of criticism goes towards DG but he was in their face in defence and attack. There were a few moments but I wouldn't lay the blame solely on him and he certainly made up for it over the period of the game for any wrongdoings. His positives outwayed his negatives by far.

Preston's kicking and attack was on fire today and certainly covered for his defensive liability.

Priddis, T and House solid as always. Clinton's Prop leadership is growing every game. Cross - what a player! He is just smashing it in 1st Grade as if he had always been there - he's in his prime.

Rodney, did he play another 80 minute game??? Sensational as usual.

The two Frankie P's - superb!

Praying for Gowie. He's not going to want to be away from the field for too long that's for sure.

Congrats to the Parra fans here on LU for their sportsmanship.

Munky

Coach
Lewis shouldn't play 5/8th next week.

He has no kicking game and Preston can't do it all by himself.