What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 V Eels

tripster

Juniors
-1 try assist
-4/4 kicking
-Good in defence including a good shot on The biggest player on the park causing a turn over.
-Try saving effort to stop Jennings.
-Good kicking in general play.

I thought he played well considering he is a solo play maker.

Just my opinion though, I’m sure you have a different view.

100%. I keep hearing commentators refer to him as a winner, and that 'winning attitude' was on show today. Tough games come down to key moments and he was in all of the key moments.

Pomoz

Bench
I thought Hook got it right today with not playing Egan. It was a war out there and Wallace was chopping them down like a lumberjack. The Titans game will be a better time to give him more minutes.

If Blake is out, it might be worth putting Wallace at half, Peachey at centre and Egan at dummy half. Bring in Katoa to double shift with him from the bench. My only concern is that Elgey and Taylor are tricky halves and will have the pace to get around Wallace at halfback.

We could also consider bringing up Jed Cartwright into the centres against his old club and the rather strong Hurrell. Would be a good match up.

That all said, I think Peachey to the centres, Lua at 5/8th is a better outcome. Lua's pace will be useful against Taylor and Elgey and he actually plays in that position. We will get a lot less of Peachey running around like a headless chook.

tripster

Juniors
If Blake is out, it might be worth putting Wallace at half, Peachey at centre and Egan at dummy half. Bring in Katoa to double shift with him from the bench. My only concern is that Elgey and Taylor are tricky halves and will have the pace to get around Wallace at halfback.

We could also consider bringing up Jed Cartwright into the centres against his old club and the rather strong Hurrell. Would be a good match up.

That all said, I think Peachey to the centres, Lua at 5/8th is a better outcome. Lua's pace will be useful against Taylor and Elgey and he actually plays in that position. We will get a lot less of Peachey running around like a headless chook.

It is a difficult decision to make. I can't really predict what Hook will do. I suspect the likely outcome is that Yeo goes to centre, CHN comes into the starting side, and another forward comes onto the bench, possibily Toso.

That is probably the least disruptive to the overall dynamic of the team. We might lose a little bit in attack but Yeo is a pretty good makeshift centre.

Our forward depth will continue to get tested with injury and we would also benefit from debuting another new forward off the bench.

franklin2323

Immortal
I thought Hook got it right today with not playing Egan. It was a war out there and Wallace was chopping them down like a lumberjack. The Titans game will be a better time to give him more minutes.

Today with Egan showed why I rather Katoa on the bench with Wallace in the team. Wallace plays 80 and was tackling well in a game we only had 40% ball 2nd half. Egan in NSW Cup will develop better

It is hard with Peachey on the bench. We saw today and last week the utility doesn't get on. Is Peachey have a shocker better then him being off for most of game?

Do we leave Peachey on the bench and play Wallace in the halves... Hard to make such changes while winning games. Much easier to move one player.

Fortunately Blake isn't that bad. Should also make whether to move Peachey or not a no brainer. At home is a far better place to debut Luai too

franklin2323

Immortal
Anyone know how Luai played for ISP this week?

I watched them he was pretty good. He seems to play well every 2nd week.

Given it is at home. I'd go Wallace to 5/8th. Egan hooker with Luai bench can move Wallace to hooker when he comes on. No need to rush Blake much better to give him the extra week now then make it worse. So Peachey to centre

I watched them he was pretty good. He seems to play well every 2nd week.

Given it is at home. I'd go Wallace to 5/8th. Egan hooker with Luai bench can move Wallace to hooker when he comes on. No need to rush Blake much better to give him the extra week now then make it worse. So Peachey to centre
Any option getting Peach out of 6 works for me

unKwn

Juniors
anyone know why we didn't have the shiny panthers behind our logos today? so random. we're also wearing our away jersey a lot.

GongPanther

Referee
Gee whiz! The way some posters act on here, it's as if we're the ones 0-5, not Parra.

Defence wins matches and today's win, whilst ugly, was a testament to that.

Enjoy the win peeps! This is the best starts we've had in goodness knows how long.
When you see other teams winning in boilovers every week, what we are doing is obviosly working.

And for those who want to bring up the point in not beating anyone in the top 8 Which one?...the 2017,or the 2018 5 week old top 8. Oh,and you had to love Sterlo's point that the Panthers only try came from a kick. :)

mxlegend99

Referee
When you see other teams winning in boilovers every week, what we are doing is obviosly working.

And for those who want to bring up the point in not beating anyone in the top 8 Which one?...the 2017,or the 2018 5 week old top 8. Oh,and you had to love Sterlo's point that the Panthers only try came from a kick. :)
We have played 5 games against teams who have won 4 matches out of 20 games between them.

Cowboys are the only one of those teams who can make a run for the top 8.

GongPanther

Referee
We have played 5 games against teams who have won 4 matches out of 20 games between them.

Cowboys are the only one of those teams who can make a run for the top 8.
That is hardly our undoing. You play whats in front of you,and sometimes the opposition does turn up. The situation were Parra has found themselves made this game a very much must win for them as the intensity was evident,and they prepared well for it.

Both sides needed to be congratulated for a dour affair,albeit hardly an epic one,which would have had the neutral's attention for most of it.

Be intetesting how Parra turn up for their next game wether they'll be demoralised or if they still have that fight in them.

mxlegend99

Referee
That is hardly our undoing. You play whats in front of you,and sometimes the opposition does turn up. The situation were Parra has found themselves made this game a very much must win for them as the intensity was evident,and they prepared well for it.

Both sides needed to be congratulated for a dour affair,albeit hardly an epic one,which would have had the neutral's attention for most of it.

Be intetesting how Parra turn up for their next game wether they'll be demoralised or if they still have that fight in them.
We play poorly and make things tough for ourselves. Some absolute brainsnap moments every week from a range of different players to make winning tough.

We're nowhere near ready for a team in good form. For a team who's better at winning ugly than us but plays better when things click.

OldPanther

Coach
You're trying to make struggling to beat a shit tesm into something special.

Its not. We get 2 points towards the top 4. But no part of that game was bragworthy. We were terrible and it reflected poorly upon us by making the Eels have a shot.

Our roster is so far ahead of theirs it's like reserve grade side pushing us.

The defence was easily something to brag about. I'm not happy about the individual mistakes that kept us under pressure but nothing they did as a team was bad.

Luai or Egan HAS to start while Nathan is out. That attack was awful. Jimmy needs to be better

Maloney was fine. Nothing wrong there. He just needs a halves partner. He gets too much pressure with Tyrone "look at me run sideways" Peachey there.

GongPanther

Referee
We play poorly and make things tough for ourselves. Some absolute brainsnap moments every week from a range of different players to make winning tough.

We're nowhere near ready for a team in good form. For a team who's better at winning ugly than us but plays better when things click.

I hear you mate,and I get frustratingly irate at some of the errors that we do have in us at times,especially from players you would expect to show more consistacy in their general play. But I'm sure our overall game in general will pick up as the season lengthens.

We have some great talent coming back soon,so we should be also mindful of the reserve graders who are doing their bit.

GongPanther

Referee
Maloney was fine. Nothing wrong there. He just needs a halves partner. He gets too much pressure with Tyrone "look at me run sideways" Peachey there.

Personally,I think Hook will put him back on the bench as a super-sub when Tyrone May comes back from injury. May straight to 5/8 so he can work that magic he did last year. :)