What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 V Eels

martielang

Bench
I thought Yeo was really good again, just didn’t get much ball. My man Leota the same.

Blake is moderately starting to worry me, not full worry just moderate. Needs to simplify his game a little. Case in point was First half we ran a really nice set play (maybe off a scrum) created an overlap & instead of drawing & passing to Crichton he came back off his right & tried to do it all himself, stepping back into traffic & dropping it.

tripster

Juniors
Luai or Egan HAS to start while Nathan is out. That attack was awful. Jimmy needs to be better

I have to say, one thing I trust with Hook is his judgment as to when a junior is ready to play first grade, whether they are ready to start and how many minutes they can handle.

He looks to have got it perfectly right with Cleary, Kikau, Edwards, CHN, JFH, Egan, Leota, etc.

I didn't think our attack was that bad today. Parra were committed and we had no field position in the second half. When we had good field position we were always threatening.

I didn't think our attack was that bad today. Parra were committed and we had no field position in the second half. When we had good field position we were always threatening.

Exactly. Despite the limited amount of tackles we had in the Parra 20m zone, we scored a try, was disallowed another, and bombed a certain one.

Gee whiz! The way some posters act on here, it's as if we're the ones 0-5, not Parra.

Defence wins matches and today's win, whilst ugly, was a testament to that.

Enjoy the win peeps! This is the best starts we've had in goodness knows how long.
Agree but we know we will make the 8. Its the playing to football that can actually win a comp im after

TheFrog

Coach
TheFrog's Player Ratings

Edwards 5
Mansour 7
Whare 6
Blake 6
Crichton 6
Peachey 6
Maloney 7
Merrin 6
Wallace 6
Campbell-Gillard 7
Kikau 6
Yeo 7
Fisher-Harris 8

Tamou 6
Leota 6
Harawira-Naera 6

David brown

Juniors
We were bad today, lets be honest, Glad we got the win, premiership defence just bad discipline and silly errors...

-1 try assist
-4/4 kicking
-Good in defence including a good shot on The biggest player on the park causing a turn over.
-Try saving effort to stop Jennings.
-Good kicking in general play.

I thought he played well considering he is a solo play maker.

Just my opinion though, I’m sure you have a different view.
Only missed 10 tackles so yes one of his better defensive efforts