What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Bulldogs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We were a bit unlucky to concede that try, Lafai was reportedly down with cramping and struggled to get into position.

We were also robbed of a try there near the end. There’s no way that ball from Dufty was forward.

You’re right though it could have been a lot more.
Yep, the refs stuffed up.

I wanted more. 50+ would have shattered their season.

In 1935, we beat them 91-6. When I first read that, I wondered why we let them get 6 points. Then I saw the score card and noted that it was three penalty goals. Bloody refs were against us on that day as well.

Canterbury opened the scoring with two goals from the boot of Carey and led 4-0. But St George cut loose, running up a half time lead of 21-6. Saints' line was never crossed and by full time, as they scored 19 tries and 17 goals as every player in the team made it onto the scorecard.

http://jubileeavenue.com.au/history/1935-1939.php

dungay dragon

Juniors
Things are going along nicely at the moment .Combinations are starting to gel Our attack and defence much much better now...Tougher in coming weeks with the much improved Sea Eagles and the yardstick of the Comp the Roosters , but we now have momentum and are starting to fire...Keep in mind that at some stage this year will be bolstered by the return of Korbin , JDB and Widdop ......
I can see REAL problems if , say , we make the 4 and Widdorp is selected to play straight back from injury .You drop a player that has got you there and then upset the pattern that got the team there.Can't see how it would work let alone the risk that the opposition would target his shoulder for a early exit.

I would falsify his doctors report and suggest a re occurrence of his injury at training. If he comes back with 4 to 5 games to play thats a different situation.

I'd say the blight on the game was the poor decisions made by the referees. All the 50/50s ent against us. Lucky we were on fire that game and so not even the refs could deny us the win.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I can see REAL problems if , say , we make the 4 and Widdorp is selected to play straight back from injury .You drop a player that has got you there and then upset the pattern that got the team there.Can't see how it would work let alone the risk that the opposition would target his shoulder for a early exit.

I would falsify his doctors report and suggest a re occurrence of his injury at training. If he comes back with 4 to 5 games to play thats a different situation.

Let's worry about if and when it arises.
We had a win which is all that matters.
Enjoy.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Read the post, I was being positive, I just dont want Mary coaching the way they are playing whats in front of them out of their game.
I did read your post. You’re worried Norman and Hunt will get dropped. Not even Mary would be that stupid to drop them now.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Yep, the refs stuffed up.

I wanted more. 50+ would have shattered their season.

In 1935, we beat them 91-6. When I first read that, I wondered why we let them get 6 points. Then I saw the score card and noted that it was three penalty goals. Bloody refs were against us on that day well.

Canterbury opened the scoring with two goals from the boot of Carey and led 4-0. But St George cut loose, running up a half time lead of 21-6. Saints' line was never crossed and by full time, as they scored 19 tries and 17 goals as every player in the team made it onto the scorecard.

http://jubileeavenue.com.au/history/1935-1939.php

The video refs stuffed up in 1935 as well. Bunch of shit merkins

blacksafake

First Grade
Very pleasing result but now have to back it up in the coming weeks.
Have always been a Norman fan & was glad we signed him.I have some friends who are eels supporters who have been giving it to me & glad we took him off their hands so they could keep Moses,LOL.
What is noticeable is when there is a break made that on the next tackle he goes direct or gives Lafai early ball while the defence are stretched, unlike our normal routine of taking a settler to go for the big play following.

Lovemedragons

Juniors

under that scenario where he becomes available again but we have successfully moved on with Norman and Dufty/Lomax then surely the only position he could slot into is on the bench as the utility back, it is a worry this type of scenario will be mismanaged by the coach.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
The only blight in that game was the Dogs try. Apart from that the Dragons were seamless. There defence was phenomenal as Dogs had quite a bit of ball in the Dragons 20 only to get stopped each time from scoring.

All players played well and even then bench came out and did a solid job (Latimore/Luciano that is).

If I was Mary I would simply rotate the centres and have Lomax get a run next week and Lafai/Aitken get a rest. No harm in rotating them and better outcome in the long run rather than giving Lomax 10-15 mins a game. I am sure Aitken and Lafai can do with a rest.

How good is Ben Hunt? Brilliant game and I am sure more to come. This will be his season to really show how good he is. Norman also proving to be a smart pickup. Just imagine if JDB and Sims were available how good this side would be?
the commentary on Fox during the game suggesting Lomax may be headed for a bench forward role was outright distressing to me, this kid HAS to focus on a backline role, he has class and skills and if anything I believe Aitken is a first grader who could well be a forward option, giving Lomax that opportunity in the centres. Of course if I were coach Id have Lomax at fullback, Dufty is always going to be a bit of a worry back there even though he is fast and exciting to watch,

getsmarty

Immortal
the commentary on Fox during the game suggesting Lomax may be headed for a bench forward role was outright distressing to me, this kid HAS to focus on a backline role, he has class and skills and if anything I believe Aitken is a first grader who could well be a forward option, giving Lomax that opportunity in the centres. Of course if I were coach Id have Lomax at fullback, Dufty is always going to be a bit of a worry back there even though he is fast and exciting to watch,

Yep..it has Kurt Mann " Mark 2" written all over it....The kid is a right centre...not a winger or forward...hopefully we don't lose him because some other club with 1/2 a brain will offer him a starting spot @ right centre.

possm

Coach
Don't worry, Lomax will be our long term right centre and in the case of Dufty being not available, should be first pick at fullback. Being the utility off the bench is not so bad really. Lomax is big enough to cope with some middle defence and sure is smart enough and quick enough to score tries of the clever passing of our halves.

When Lomax finally takes his place at right centre, he would have all the experience he needs to defend against the big centres in the game.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I'd say the blight on the game was the poor decisions made by the referees. All the 50/50s ent against us. Lucky we were on fire that game and so not even the refs could deny us the win.
Saints have been robbed 2 tries already by refs this season due to them calling them forward when they clearly weren't. Lucky both were not in games that cost them 2 pts.

Gareth67

First Grade
Saints have been robbed 2 tries already by refs this season due to them calling them forward when they clearly weren't. Lucky both were not in games that cost them 2 pts.

And I am sure that the Rabbits were allowed the winner against the Warriors with Cody Walker a couple of inches away fro the white line - or was it my tired old eyes ?

But it was a shot in the arm to finally see our boys in the Big Red V put it all together and come up with a good old fashioned thrashing of the Doggies - sent the beggars back to Belmore with their tails between their legs and yelping until their handlers threw a cold bucket of water over them ! :yum:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
View attachment 29019

And here is a photo of his young bloke - and that is his good side !

Seen better heads on a beer!

Schooner-of-Beer.jpg

merahputih

Juniors
...and Brute Bernard...
I used to watch World Championship Wrestling with Killer Kowalski, Mario Milano, Brute Bernard, Spiros Arion Skull Murphy, etc I think it was on Saturday morning on the old black & white tv in the late 60's. I took it seriously until one night I was down at The Cross with workmates about midnight in an Italian restaurant after a 'few' beers and in walked Killer Kowalski with 'mortal enemies' Mario Milano and a few others who sat and shared a meal and drinks. Destroyed my faith in humanity.

Carlton

Juniors
I did read your post. You’re worried Norman and Hunt will get dropped. Not even Mary would be that stupid to drop them now.

Are you for real, read it again, it was sarcasm, I was making a point that our halves are showing some creativity as opposed to the instructions that seems to be Mary's go to game plan of "just run it up straight, don't pass, take the tackle and play it quick".

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Are you for real, read it again, it was sarcasm, I was making a point that our halves are showing some creativity as opposed to the instructions that seems to be Mary's go to game plan of "just run it up straight, don't pass, take the tackle and play it quick".
Jesus mate. Not having a go at you. I agree with you. The team played well. Sorry if I offended you.

Latest posts