What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Bulldogs

Gareth67

First Grade
Seen better heads on a beer!

Schooner-of-Beer.jpg

Been a while since I have had a lovely cold beer and that pic has my mouth watering .:yum:

ALSGI

Bench
Well I reckon our boys were great. Hunt, Norman and Vaughan were my standouts.

Hunt could have scored the Lomax try himself but glad he passed it on for Lomax to score - it will do wonders for splinters removal for Lomax. Lomax just oozes class.

Very happy with McInnes running the ball more. Friz was awesome, Sims solid and threatened with his presence alone. JG also solid and a workhorse. Lawrie and Host are both developing very well. Lats and Lielua both solid, especially Host.

Aitken pulled off a few big hits, carries and his try was typical of his strong attack at a good time after 15mins of no scoring. Lafai was good too and his try was a timely reminder of how good he is when he gets good ball.

Our wingers - Rava’s try was special considering he had to stop and reach back for the ball before blitzing their Centre to score. Pierrera’s was equally impressive, stepped inside two covers and beat a third to score.

Dufty was also very good, looked dangerous everytime he had the ball, had a try assist disallowed and didn’t let anyone down in defence.

Geez, the GRUBS had a shocker though. That big tall winger bloke, and who was it that got stripped twice? They were poor. Our boys did a great job shutting down their plays.

WTF was that last play by Norman? f**kcing brilliant try, I’ve watched it maybe 20 times. Great team try keeping it alive but WTF was that by Norman? I loved it!!!! Does his little 360 dance (who does that?) then beats one with a step, draws two more and a perfect flick to Hunt!! I’m warming to Norman very quickly.

Good stuff boys!!!

Go the Mighty Dragons.

slippery5

Juniors
They tried quite a few but Lewis was getting a lot of pressure from Hunt and didn’t have the time to really hit the torpedoes bombs. Dufty still took quite a few though and didn’t drop any. I don’t like the way he turns his back just as he catches them, I understand the point of the technique but Dufty is moving when he catches the ball. He still looks very iffy under the high ball and will tested by DCE and Cronk.
It's a simple technique, keep your elbows together. I remember B.Morris dropping a few when Bennett was our coach & he said exactly that in a press conference. if you start to turn side ways, your basically admitting defeat before you even catch it.... Just another example of a coach with no clue of recognising a flaw in a players game that can be easily fixed with the correct advise.

nontime111

Juniors
I've been waiting for that kind of performance from Dufty for ages.

He doesn't need highlights every week where he is running through defences (like last year). I wanted to see a full 80 mins of him running hard and with purpose. If he has the right attitude, he won't get dominated like he usually does. he was a handful on every touch yesterday.

If he plays like that every week, then we have our fullback we need.
it was such a silky piece of work Duftys pass to set up that non try! heartbreaking to watch it was amazing

nontime111

Juniors
The only blight in that game was the Dogs try. Apart from that the Dragons were seamless. There defence was phenomenal as Dogs had quite a bit of ball in the Dragons 20 only to get stopped each time from scoring.

All players played well and even then bench came out and did a solid job (Latimore/Luciano that is).

If I was Mary I would simply rotate the centres and have Lomax get a run next week and Lafai/Aitken get a rest. No harm in rotating them and better outcome in the long run rather than giving Lomax 10-15 mins a game. I am sure Aitken and Lafai can do with a rest.

How good is Ben Hunt? Brilliant game and I am sure more to come. This will be his season to really show how good he is. Norman also proving to be a smart pickup. Just imagine if JDB and Sims were available how good this side would be?
when K simms returns and IF Jack wins the appeal this side WILL be a reality

giboz71

First Grade
it was such a silky piece of work Duftys pass to set up that non try! heartbreaking to watch it was amazing

His passing game has always been good and is improving .

The pass he threw for Mika’s try against the Knights was also a pearler and was every bit as good as Ponga’s try assists. Refs robbed him of another one against the Dogs.

Just emphasises the importance of a fullback with a passing game.

JamesRustle

First Grade
I told everyone Norman would be a good signing. I was saying we should sign him, before we were even mentioned to be interested in him. I would have Norman running the team and Hunt playing more of a running 5/8 role. Hunt is finding some good form too.

Someone said that Widdop announced on the loud speaker yesterday that he would be playing for us later in the year. I don't know if we have any need for him right now.
Agree. I can see him returning from injury deep in the season and McGregor going back to a spine rotation in time to stuff our momentum ahead of the finals.

BLM01

First Grade
I told everyone Norman would be a good signing. I was saying we should sign him, before we were even mentioned to be interested in him. I would have Norman running the team and Hunt playing more of a running 5/8 role. Hunt is finding some good form too.

Someone said that Widdop announced on the loud speaker yesterday that he would be playing for us later in the year. I don't know if we have any need for him right now.
Cmon Frank you said he would make a good centre