What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs Raiders

When Penrith won its first comp, it had two very average wingers in Mackay and Smith. They scored plenty because they had the most visionary halfback playing the game at the time, Greg Alexander. Some will disagree and say Mackay was really good, he did play for NSW 4 times and Australia once, but I think he was helped by being in such a good team. Anyway, i agree. Wingers are very rarely the key element in winning a premiership.

Kick returns are more important now. Something at which Mansour excels.

I honestly think a point some people are missing here is that Mansour is no ordinary winger.

That's not to say he's better than other wingers but he has other qualities which very few wingers have.

The ability to bust tackles & make meters is very important to the team as a whole. He does much more work than your normal winger.

Traditionally wingers have simply been seen as finishes. Mansour is much more than that.

Lose his workload & meters and that's going to have to come from someone else.

abpanther

Staff member
Pretty interesting that Yeo has been named as 18th man this week ahead of Peachey

Latest posts