What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Titans

The Realist

Juniors
Heard them say Maloney has forced the most dropouts in the comp (15) this year. While Luai definitely offers more in attack I'd want to make sure he's experienced enough to build pressure at this point in his career before ditching Jimmy.

Jimmy adds more pressure to his own team in defence then he does to the opposition during offense. His silly penalties, missed tackles, and also the fact that our other defenders behave differently next to him making THEM less effective all adds up. Jimmy's lack of discipline and defence is only excusable when his offense is RED HOT like he was early to mid last year. When he is not, he is not worth carrying. The Sharks figured this out and offloaded a dud, and took away our stud.

Get some wingers that can jump, and defend.

Drop RCG immediately.

Dont build a franchise around an average halfback.

Dont sign an average coach, to keep an average halfback.

Stop signing old, broken down 5/8s.

Sign a hooker.

Have clearly defined roles for head of football/chairman/CEO etc

...and please just win one more premiership before i expire from old age.

Can you imagine what it would take for Ivan to move him.out of No. 7 to 9?....to take him out of SOO running and stall his career trajectory towards becoming the game's best half? Impossible while Ivan's there even if it might make sense to anyone else in regards bringing Laui in....that's the flip side of the father son brightside.....having said that i could imagine Ivan trying him at FB....his former position....that i could see

I know, I’m just dreaming.

Fullback is think could also work. But it doesn’t solve out no.9 issue.

Whino

Bench
I don't know what I am more surprised about. The fact that we scored 4 tries or the fact that we missed 67 tackles against a previously winless side.

mxlegend99

Referee
Jimmy missed 13 tackles on his own. To go with his 3 errors and a penalty.

I thought JFH was by far our best last night. Ran hard. Hit hard. Nice passes developing in his game. Scored a good try. Although he sadly missed 8 tackles aswell.

RCG, Sele and Luai our only guys to make 90%+ of their tackles. Luai played like 2 minutes and RCG kept fresh by doing nothing whennwe had the ball.

hindy111

Post Whore
The side did look better in attack. It was just the defense that hurt.
I guess issue is squad is just about full strength. I still think DWZ is a winger and lacks skill of a fullback. I would enquire about Bevan French.

Pomoz

Bench
Titans: 67 tackle breaks
Panthers: 19

Titans: 29 missed or ineffective tackles
Panthers: 73

Titans: 3.37s average play the ball speed
Panthers: 3.52s

We face the Sharks, Rabbitohs and Raiders in the next three weeks. It is hard to see where a win is going to come from.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade

We face the Sharks, Rabbitohs and Raiders in the next three weeks. It is hard to see where a win is going to come from.

I think we'll jag at least one of those games. Entire comp is super inconsistent, Storm and Roosters aside.

tripster

Juniors

I see so much of it coming down to fitness. The fitter you are, the harder you can go for longer, the less tackles you miss, the less mistakes you make, and the more energy you have to run harder for longer and push for a quick play the ball.

We are noticeably less fit than last year.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I see so much of it coming down to fitness. The fitter you are, the harder you can go for longer, the less tackles you miss, the less mistakes you make, and the more energy you have to run harder for longer and push for a quick play the ball.

We are noticeably less fit than last year.

Griffin was totally useless at coaching any sort of attacking set-up, but he seems to have accepted that and focused on developing a superfit side that would just outlast other teams in the backend of games. Cleary is just as useless as attacking set-up, but doesn't value fitness as much. What is Cleary's playing philosophy anyway?

mxlegend99

Referee
Sharks are very beatable atm. All those games are winnable. Not easy. But we can win any of them.

Losing them all wouldn't surprise me either. But our attack looked a bit better last night. Hopefully Yeo isnt out for long .

kinghippo

Juniors
Jed is big strong mobile and can move quickly across the ground. Can stand in tackles and create second phase play with his off loading ability. It’s time to give him a crack.
We have no speed we may as well try a bit of size and strength.

ashton

Juniors
We couldn't even make the top 8 in the SG Ball under 18 competition this year.
The development officer should be sacked.
Gould also has a lot to answer for, extending Mansour for 3 years, RCG FOR 5 years, Whare for 5 years, Mc Kendry 5 years, signing and extending Anthony Griffin, signing extending and sacking of Trent Merrin,wasting 22 million on the academy with poorer results since the opening. Non signing of an NRL standard hooker , fullback and wingers.
Signing players too small, too short, too slow, and over paying players.

Panfa

Juniors
You dont move a $1mil halfback to hooker ive said it before and i will say it again 32yr old maloney to 9 luai to 6 leave cleary at 7 problem solved, hooker issues go away more attack with 3 of them in the starting side and that is a much more dangerous penrith side.Some bigger bench forwards like grant ellis cartwright wont hurt either.

Panfa

Juniors
Zelezniak mansour whare blake zelezniak luai cleary fisher harris yeo kikau Campbell gillard maloney tamou =leota sele ellis fuimaono

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Griffin was totally useless at coaching any sort of attacking set-up, but he seems to have accepted that and focused on developing a superfit side that would just outlast other teams in the backend of games. Cleary is just as useless as attacking set-up, but doesn't value fitness as much. What is Cleary's playing philosophy anyway?

This.

Cleary is just like Griffin except the players like him because he doesn't train them hard.

TheFrog

Coach
He made 4 tackles in a row at one point and couldn't handle it. He isn't conditioned to play hooker.
If you are going to use Luai as the bench dummy half in case of injury, wouldn't it make sense to play him there in reserve grade? At least for part of the game.

TheFrog

Coach
ive said it before and i will say it again 32yr old maloney to 9
13 missed tackles. The defence rests.

If either half goes to 9 it's Cleary. It has been pointed out before it didn't do Andrew Johns any harm. Even if you just do it when Luai comes off the bench.

Last edited:

Latest posts