What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Titans

I thought he offered way less at dummy half then a gassed Katoa.

Yeah Luai is definitely not a hooker. Can't pass off the ground, just doesn't look comfortable. Need him in broken play - it's a tricky one, may not be a spot until Maloney leaves.

Yeh I did forget about those things. He just doesn’t look like a threat with the ball though.

Agree, Sele was good again but gets very limited time. I said it earlier today but we seem to really limit some of other forwards time in the hope RCG will eventually come good.

Ellis has been the best player in NSW Cup the last 2 years, deserves another crack.

Didn’t we re-sign Ellis for another couple of years? If he’s good enough to re-sign, then he should be given his opportunity

Panfa

Juniors
Edwards needs to go his piss weak attempted tackle on don for the penalty try was pathetic bring up malakai please.Luai needs to start at 5/8 hes quicker and gives way less penalties and mistakes than jimmy.Our discipline is pissing me off every time we have a team pinned in there 20 theres a stupid strip or a dumb high shot.Dont know what the hell cleary was kicking for 1st tackle off the scrum win when no one was ready or gonna beat don to the ball.We are losing games because we are the dumbest team in the nrl absolutely brainless at times.Its time for some changes or we wont make the 8.

Heard them say Maloney has forced the most dropouts in the comp (15) this year. While Luai definitely offers more in attack I'd want to make sure he's experienced enough to build pressure at this point in his career before ditching Jimmy.

Kilkenny

Coach
We could probably get away with our current backline if our forwards were winning the battle up front but they are not, far from it. As a consequence the deficiencies, particularly our lack of speed is being exposed. First and foremost Ivan has to select four front rowers, at this stage RCG should not be one of them. Tamou, Ellis, Grant and Leota. Sele third bench option and take your pick for the 4th bench option. Dean Whare is a great clubman doesn’t do a lot wrong but basically offers little and we need someone in his position who can do what Dean does in defence but has more penetration.

Aekins, DWZ, Cartwright, Blake, Mansour, Maloney, Cleary, JFH, Yeo (although he is likely to be out for the near future), Kikau, Tamou, Katoa, Ellis. Bench Leota, Grant, Sele and Martin/Hethrington/Luai/Egan/Take your own pick.

Pomoz

Bench
The stats don't lie, we are currently wooden spoon material. The chairman is an idiot hiring Cleary when we could have got Bennett.

We are terrible this year. Only two forwards should be paid, sorry three. Tamou, JFH and Katoa. the rest are lightweights and should be ashamed of how little effort they make. Seriously, RCG 47m, what is he doing? That is not first grade standard. He should be dropped, no question. Our wingers are slower than I am and I'm 56 years old.

We are in serious trouble.

Kilkenny

Coach
I said it before he was resigned RCG was not someone to build your forward back around. He build his reputation on his aggressiveness but it simply masked his deficiencies which are now all too apparent and frankly I don’t see much changing as he is easily handled defensively, has no offloading ability doesn’t dent the line and I could go on. Having watched Kaide Ellis for a couple of years now the one thing you can guarantee is a big heart, and give him the same minutes RCG is playing then you will get 15 hitups and 100 plus metres every time as opposed to what we saw from RCG today. .

Das Hassler

Bench
I think RCG has had his moment in the sun....just a hunch but i doubt Ivan can get through to his personality type...
I think it would take Gould to do it.
If Maloney was gone where's the experience come from?. ...Maloney's on field frustrations are coming from a dual GF winner with a couple of older hardarsed teams ..the REASONS for the frustration that he shows at times would be what you're left with if he were out of the picture.....remember the job he did when Nathan was out last year?....who would get it done if he were sitting it out ?

This roster is depleted from what we had in previous years.

There's f**k all depth. Many holes in the top 17. Its average asf.

We’ve got less depth but we’ve got more experience.

We haven’t as yet needed to call on much depth anyway.

What we’ve got here is several failures.

1. Coaching appointments have been awful. Griffin was a major mistake, it was a classic sideways movement. Then we
panicked and moved sideways again for an average career coach, likely as a desperate attempt to keep his son.

2. Recruitment & retention has been ad hoc, we haven’t identified need and instead just looked at raw talent. This situation couldn’t be better summed up than by giving Bryce Cartwright a 5 year deal.

3. The key position of Hooker has been totally overlooked. We are currently using two guys who aren’t FG standard.

We will, in time, look back at this period as a huge lost opportunity. We had some nice pieces but weren’t strategic enough in a few key areas.

It’s Round 5.....

New coach, players moved on, positional changes, players in and out.

You don’t win comps in April.

The team has played better this week than any game this season. Handling was better, Spine was better, it will click very soon.

Not to mention the lack of Origin players this year.

It’s slowly building as painful as it is right now.

Actually you do win comps in April.

It’s very rare a team that doesn’t start well wins the whole thing. Its occasionally happened, there’s always exceptions, but in general the early form is quite indicative of who will go on.

age.s

First Grade
I thought Katoa was good tonight. He looks so much better when he's putting the markers in 3 minds on whether he's going to go right, left or straight. You saw it a few times tonight. He has it in him to be quite deceptive when we get a quick ptb.

Das Hassler

Bench
9. Cleary
7. Maloney
6. Luai

Can you imagine what it would take for Ivan to move him.out of No. 7 to 9?....to take him out of SOO running and stall his career trajectory towards becoming the game's best half? Impossible while Ivan's there even if it might make sense to anyone else in regards bringing Laui in....that's the flip side of the father son brightside.....having said that i could imagine Ivan trying him at FB....his former position....that i could see

Latest posts