What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 (2008) Panthers v Titans

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
she loves league and queensland, that alone is good enough for me.

bgdc

Juniors
knuckle dragging, neanderthal - if you don't stop this sexist banter immediately (if not sooner) then I'll demand to be made captain and will look down on you all from my lofty, elevated position.

Ooooh Mr Unit. What shiney fur you have. My mother told me to be wary of a black cat crossing my path but I think that your colour is just very deep maroon.

Last edited:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
I thought i'd be cruel and put a post in here.

Haha, nah i've started to mark them they should be in before like 5/6pm tonight.

Amadean

Juniors
That wasn't cruelty, it was kindness. Now I can do some bloody work instead of pressing Refresh every 32 seconds!

Or I could see what's new on digg..........

Titan Uranus

Juniors
Whenever the results come in I'm just happy to have finally shared the field with the coolest forum member, Mr sunglasses at night himself, madunit. I can only hope that one day I'll be able to play on the same (rep) team as him. Maybe in a Cool Ones vs Nerds game. Amadean would willingly captain the Nerds.

Amadean

Juniors
Hey, we nerds (or mentally unchallenged in politically correctalese) require no captain, leader or drill master sergeant-at-arms. Put a bunch of geeks together in a room and they will spontaneously form a single giant mecha-nerd. Kinda like Voltron without cats.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm glad that the highly unconventional sporting of sunglasses in the completely inappropriate night setting has made a long overdue revival.

We need some cool sports bomber jackets, heaps of chewing gum, tight jeans and some hot bitches.

Titan Uranus

Juniors
I don't want to wear tight jeans, but I'm all up for getting us some hot bitches. I just need to wait until it's evening time first so that I can put my super cool shades on.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Round 6 - Panthers V Titans

jersey_panthers_1.gif

LeagueNut - Heroes - 743 Words

83 – A good idea, which could have been executed more cleverly. I got the point of the article, although I feel that it could have been enforced in a more thorough fashion.

Madunit - A Little Chat With The Headmaster - 746 Words

87 – I’m a huge fan of anything that is an allusion; this piece was creative and well presented.

Azkatro - The Forgotten Centenary - 748 Words

86 – A fact-intensive article which achieved its purpose of delivering its message. A solid effort; this could be improved upon by ensuring seamless cohesiveness and some ‘x factor.’ A mark was taken off for the lack of references to the quotes.

Big Mick c - R.I.P. Rugby League - 748 Words

84 – A good well-rounded article that was written well. The structure of the piece was a huge positive. The content was stock-standard, a more creative approach, and perhaps some facts/evidence supporting points could have helped the mark.

[furrycat] - Why is everybody always picking on me? - 747 Words

89 – An insight into the mind of the RL player faced with unfair public expectations. Very well written.

Vs

jersey_titans_1.gif

Titanic - A League Moment - 750 Words

88 – Brilliant article, an interesting way to explore and present all the components of a bush Rugby League match. I thoroughly enjoyed the attention to detail and the ability to empathise with the different characters of the game.

Titan Uranus - The English Food Chain - 748 Words

91 – A piece about the ESL is a rarity in F7s, and when it has occurred, it has usually been top shelf. This is no exception, some effort might have gone into this, and it has paid off. The article was well executed.

tits&tans - Trajectory of a prolate ellipsoid: perturbations in 3D gravitational forcefield- 750 Words

89 – This post demonstrates the beauty of F7s, in that the article can take any shape or form as long as its RL related. The structure of this piece and the in-depth analysis of kicking earned the points, whilst the appropriate vocabulary that accompanied was indeed a bonus. It could have been better if the conclusion was more extensive and stayed on point, conclusions should wrap up the discussion not introduce a new point (new point = Pros don’t use theory.)

bdgc - Inner Secrets with Bobby Fulltime- 748 Words

90 – Creativity at its finest, a thoroughly enjoyable read. An interesting format was used, which enhanced the content of the article. Well done.

Amadean - Maroon and Blue- 729 Words

87 – This would have been perfect for QLD in the F7s! Good read, I loved the intro, however the lead up to the actual ‘Maroon/Blue’ discussion was too long IMO. However, that intro was in fact well presented and the use of Asimov etc., certainly read well. Next time, a larger focus on the main point (differentiation between Maroon and Blue) rather than the set-up (word-association) would be advised.

jersey_titans_1.gif
- 445 defeated
jersey_panthers_1.gif

POTM = Titan Uranus (91)

Robster

Bench
YEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAA!

Awesome stuff my cooper troopers. :D Titans I regard this match as our best win yet. Top stuff All Round and special mention to bgdc who had a ripper debut. Awesome Chip 'n' Dip performance team. Well done :D

Panthers.....Hard luck.

Titanic

First Grade
Well at least somebody's happy ... lol. Thanks MrF for the extreme effort. There is little doubt that this was our toughest game of the season so far and we guessed that you laboured long and hard over the contributions from both teams.

Titans, I will hand the captaincy back to Robster for this week and wish to thank you all for your stirling performances. TU that should put you up with leaders I'd say and bgdc - see the wait was worth it

Panthers, see you next time round and thanks for the sportsmanship.

Amadean

Juniors
That was a great game with some great writing, [furrycat]'s article I particularly enjoyed.

Thanks Mr.F for the reffing, this wouldn't have been an easy match to call.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
You guys are right, it was indeed a top quality match with some great performances from both sides. A pleasure to ref.

Titan Uranus

Juniors
Toughest match so far, agreed. Hope the Panthers can make the play-offs.

I'm getting ready to go out on the town and use my POTM status to get me some, as mr madunit says, hot bitches. Who's coming with?