What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 | Knights 24-20 Sharks @ Ausgrid | Sunday 17th April 2011

Knights vs Sharks (R6)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wato

Juniors
This has been a comedy of errors from us. Stone needs to get Roberts out there and put Gids to fullback. As we lack structure in attack and having another playmaker out there may help to correct that.

K-Man

Bench
Well in under 10 minutes I've already seen enough to know what the blueprint should be for Gidley (if we get Boyd, but probably even if we don't).

He's versatile and he's always taking the opposition on directly, and I just love seeing him in this utility role. Stone has him playing hooker even though Hilder is still on the field and it's working a treat so far.

For mine Gids should be playing a little bit of everywhere next year and Boyd at fullback. For this to work I think you technically play Gids as a "lock" in the 17, but he plays as a genuine utility - a starting impact player!!! he's one of the few who could do it.

Tip of the hat to Stone today. It's only half time and this game is not over by a long shot, AND we have still given away soft penalties... BUT I'm impressed with the game plan and the fact he's clearly done some thinking about how to beat the Sharkies minus a host of our best forwards.

Picking Roberts to debut today is something Hagan never would've done, and in my opinion it's a great move. Sharks won't know much about him and they won't have able to watch any video of a 1. McDonnel 6. Roberts 7. Mullen 9. Gidley 13. Hilder etc spine... I like it a lot.

Having said all that we'll probably capitulate into ill-discipline and stupidity and lose by 4. but right now I'm impressed.

oh, anyone else think Kelly's pass to Gardner was forward for their 2nd try?

Wato

Juniors
Our defense has looked very average today, especially when Cronulla have spread the ball they have looked like going through our defense pretty easily. Big test for our forward pack coming up this half, in that as they tire will the be able to contain the sharks forwards?

Alex28

Coach
I made a special effort to keep an eye out for Kaufusi after he was in the paper this morning saying he needed to pull his finger out. I reckon I got him for 3 runs for maybe 4 metres. He is an absolute passenger.

Johns Magic

Referee
I made a special effort to keep an eye out for Kaufusi after he was in the paper this morning saying he needed to pull his finger out. I reckon I got him for 3 runs for maybe 4 metres. He is an absolute passenger.

3 runs for 20 metres in the first half on preliminary stats.

A real go-getter.