What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 | Knights 24-20 Sharks @ Ausgrid | Sunday 17th April 2011

Knights vs Sharks (R6)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aqua_duck

Coach
We are such a dumb team at times, and how stupid was the Gidley play at the end, can't describe it in words. I thought Roberts had a good debut, and Sau was strong. Wish Junior Burger knew how to pass the ball

K-Man

Bench
well we won, so I guess I'm happy.

But seriously, we need to have a massive look at our ability to deal with pressure and momentum and "ride the wave" so to speak when things aren't going so well WITHOUT giving away cheap, stupid penalties.

Anyway, I should jump off my penalties soap box for a while and compliment the boys on what is a great 2 points considering the injury toll.

I think at full strength we put the Sharkies to the cleaners today.

Big congrats to Roberts, Houston, Sau, McManus, and Hilder. We had a lot of good performances actually. Tui tried hard and is way ahead of Kaufusi in my props pecking order.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Snowdens " double tap" play the ball leading to Gardners try was a woeful miss from the refs

All balanced out in the end but jeez that reffing was poor at times

RABK

Referee
There'd be about 3 or 4 games over the last 20 years where a half wins a game for his team with his kicking game that they just should not of won, into the wind none the less. That was one of them.

Sharks through a hell of a lot at our very tired, depleted side in that last 20 minutes and Jarrod got us home and penciled his name in for the NSW halves.

Roberts debut was pleasing. McManus was our best back and looked great i thought. We have some god damn bludgers in that forward pack but - There'd be about 5 hit ups between southern, mika and Kaufusi.

88.Knights

Juniors
Yeah but for that one there was half a dozen that should have gone our way. The ref was an exta player for the sharks today

so true, refs where doing everything possible to give the sharks the win, so surprised when the ref didn't award them there only legitimate penalty.

my ears are bleeding after listening to the foxsports commentary, couldn't stop singing cronullas praises, there is more than one team in a football match u twats.

cook over southern woulda been the better option

When was the last time uate got the ball in a big sweeping backline movement? He is our number 1 strike weapon and we don't use him. I think that needs to be looked at

Alex28

Coach
Gallen got them momentum out of a lot of niggle and us getting sucked in to it. I thought House had a great game but he got sucked in to a running battle with Gallen in the second half and it turned the momentum. Love the last punch to the jaw Gallen got on to House without penalty.

The one thing I really noticed today which I haven't really appreciated is how good a defender Aku has become. I don't reckon he missed a tackle today and came up with some great, important tackles when needed.

Southern looked injured at the end of the game, but the suspension he'll cop for the lift should see him out of first grade for a while.

I thought Mullen and Gidley both had great games, I thought Wes did great in attack, same with Junior. I actually (as much as it pains me to say it) Junior Burger had a pretty good game as well. Eddy did well, House had probably the best game I've seen him play since his comeback.

Johns Magic

Referee
When was the last time uate got the ball in a big sweeping backline movement? He is our number 1 strike weapon and we don't use him. I think that needs to be looked at

Hey, it's Uate and Sau's job to take hitups, and it's Kaufusi's job to stand around and watch them.

That's how our team works. It's the stuff Kaufusi doesn't do that is awesome...

RABK

Referee
Boyd is the best player bar Slater at creating outside space from second reciever. If we get him next year Uate will push for 30 tries.

K-Man

Bench

100%. It's very disappointing because having Uate should mean that a lot of those half chances created from backline movements end in tries that other teams wouldn't score.

I think it's fair to say that losing Henry has affected this substantially. Just when Beau was beginning to get more involved too, because I was expecting his combination with Mullen to grow and grow and I sense some great line breaks and tries were going to result from sweeping backline movements to our right side.

I don't understand why Uate does so many hit-ups into straight line brick wall defence when he could be running off inside balls, short balls, or acting as a decoy in mid-field for an out ball to our left side attack.

Johns Magic

Referee
Boyd is the best player bar Slater at creating outside space from second reciever. If we get him next year Uate will push for 30 tries.

Yep, Stewart is also pretty special at it.

Robertson has made a career out of being on the end of Stewart's second-man balls.

RABK

Referee
Sau is a near must resign now - there's just no more value centre on the market then him. It's not like we are missing a terrible lot of attacking power by starving McManus of wing ball.

Boyd makes Matt Cooper look better than ever with the ball he gives him - Uate and Sau really could tear up next year.