What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 v Silvertails

Hooked

Juniors
Who are News Corp journos? Which Journos?

Keeping their distance

I’m hearing a number of News Corp journalists were in touch with Penrith this week to distance themselves from Paul Kent’s comments. They know the club is fuming over the constant attacks and don’t want it to impact their chance of getting leads or talking to players.

maple_69

Bench
Reading comments on here by some posters about Martin makes me think of the duck quote “If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck!”

Martin may have been a prop in his younger days, but as an edge forward, he has now won two premierships, a state of origin series and a World Cup. He is not a prop playing on an edge, he is a duck, AKA an edge forward.
I’m not saying he doesn’t do a hell of a job on the edge. He’s been close to the best performed edge forward in the game rom the finals to now. What he offers from that position is not what you typically get out of an edge forward though.

He hits hard, leads line speed, runs hard, gets through a mountain of tackles. He doesn’t have much footwork (less than all our designated props), doesn’t have a pass and doesn’t run great lines. Strikes me as closer to the strengths/weaknesses of a prop.

It’s worked great for us so far and his versatility is great. I just think getting some guys into that role throughout the game who can run lines, draw and pass etc could be necessary for our attack now that we’ve lost one of the most damaging edge forwards in history on the other side.

Exsilium

Coach
I’m not saying he doesn’t do a hell of a job on the edge. He’s been close to the best performed edge forward in the game rom the finals to now. What he offers from that position is not what you typically get out of an edge forward though.

He hits hard, leads line speed, runs hard, gets through a mountain of tackles. He doesn’t have much footwork (less than all our designated props), doesn’t have a pass and doesn’t run great lines. Strikes me as closer to the strengths/weaknesses of a prop.

It’s worked great for us so far and his versatility is great. I just think getting some guys into that role throughout the game who can run lines, draw and pass etc could be necessary for our attack now that we’ve lost one of the most damaging edge forwards in history on the other side.

If Sorro, Martin or Leniu can spend their time running at the opposition halves, it makes big difference when creating opportunities.

Martin attracts defenders, Sorro has surprising speed and footwork for a big man. Leniu bends the line.

You need someone out there to do some damage, doesn't need to have multiple line breaks or try assists to be effective.

luv my panfas

Juniors
Keeping their distance

I’m hearing a number of News Corp journalists were in touch with Penrith this week to distance themselves from Paul Kent’s comments. They know the club is fuming over the constant attacks and don’t want it to impact their chance of getting leads or talking to players.
Kent needs councilling.His obsession with Stuart his hatred of Penrith sums up what he is about A bitter fool that abuses his platform on fox . It shan’t b long and the midget will b on the nose everywhere No one’s bigger than the game Paul not even hack supposed journos like you

Black Diamond

Juniors
Keeping their distance

Thanks for that 👍

Girds89

Bench
Still nothing on fish.

Very poor by the club imo.

I don't care when they release there little video every week on the injured brigade...

They'd have known on Monday by 12pm... anyone that thinks otherwise or says otherwise is kidding themselves.

Would've been in for scans Monday morning at 9am and had them back straight away...

Whether it's bad or not i think the club could be way better with this stuff.

Still nothing on fish.

I don't care when they release there little video every week on the injured brigade...

They'd have known on Monday by 12pm... anyone that thinks otherwise or says otherwise is kidding themselves.

Would've been in for scans Monday morning at 9am and had them back straight away...

100% agree with this. One of the small amount of gripes I have with the club.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Still nothing on fish.

That's very entitled of you

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That's very entitled of you

I agree Blind Freddy could see that Fish had an injury with his knee.

If it had been a devestating injury like Taylan May's we would have been told earlier.

Everyone knows there is a video done late in the week by the physio. Patience is a virture. Not held by many, (including me)

Girds89

Bench
Yeah that's my point...

Why are we having to read about it in the papers or in a thread on LU...

Definitely something the club could do better.

WestyLife

First Grade
Still nothing on fish.

We don't require this information. Our curiosity doesn't mean the club have done anything wrong here. The weekly update is already enough.

Hooked

Juniors
Cleary saying 5 weeks fish will be out

Herald saying 4. Maybe that is best case?

Battered Fish: Penrith’s top prop James Fisher-Harris out for a month​

Premiers Penrith have been dealt a blow with James Fisher-Harris, arguably one of the top three props in the game, to be sidelined with a knee injury for a month.

Fisher-Harris suffered a grade-two medial ligament tear in his right knee against Canberra last weekend. Despite being strapped up and in excruciating pain, he had to be talked out of returning for the second half.

Jaeman Salmon’s “weak-gutted dog” try celebration meant the injury to Fisher-Harris was largely overlooked, but the Herald can reveal the New Zealand international is now expected to be out of action until round 10, when the competition decamps to Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium for Magic Round.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Still nothing on fish.

I agree. The club could be more proactive with injury news. It took 8 days to find out Garner had a rib injury.
I don't mind secrecy around finals time, but most times it would be good to find out earlier in the week.