What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Roosters

Yep , we get nothing in the ruck. Oppositions can have a committee meeting and we still don't get a penalty

I don't think we've been badly treated in the ruck. I think the Roosters getting away with their defensive line being offside a bit...partic. in the 20.

I think the refs have been ok thus far.

We're fighting and have a chance, but we'll need a bit of luck.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hopefully of a win but not that confident . We are playing good but the wet weather doesn't allow us to pass the ball around like when we play our natural game. The wet is making it a battle of forwards/middle/ruck which is not our natural game but suited to the roosters. If we can get near the roosters in the end it will be a brillant result.

Kornstar

Coach
Roosters should be in front by a lot more, we continue with this effort in the second half and I'll be happy enough with a loss against the premiers who are clearly allowed to get away with anything they want in the play the ball.

Kornstar

Coach
I don't think we've been badly treated in the ruck. I think the Roosters getting away with their defensive line being offside a bit...partic. in the 20.

Seriously? I'm at the game and f**k me, they are digging in with their heads in every tackle, regardless if dominant or not. I'm ok wit the dominant ones but there have been several where they should be made to get straight up, they are still allowed to lay there!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Agreed Barry. I wouldn't say the Chooks are holding down, but they are creeping in front of the ref.

We're losing the forwards battle, like we did in round two, but hopefully we don't give up like we did in round two.

IFR33K

Coach
Roosters have been pushing the boundaries all night, in terms of slowing the ruck down and moving off their line too quick. There should have been several penalties blown IMO.

We are doing well to date, but I'd be surprised if we can continue to match it with them.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Who can explain what just happened.

2 blokes in lycra raced, and for some reason another bloke in pink lycra tackled one to allow the other to win. Meanwhile a dwarf in a viking suit knocked over the hurdles after they had passed them.

Who put Casper in charge if halftime entertainment?????

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
The wet weather has effected both squads, us in defense, Rorters in attack, and is evening out the game. Refs are allowing more time at the ruck due to the wet heavy ground conditions. We need to hold on that little longer because if we get penalised it opens up the door for us to receive more penalties off the back of a precedence. If we can control the ball 10% better in the second half with an improved kicking game we are in with a huge chance of winning this game. The Rorters won't get any better as the wet weather is f**king over their forwards. The key is to tire the Rorters pack which needs Sandow to control the kicking game and start doing those little kicks behind the Rorters line too. Looking good everyone.... thus far.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Roosters have been pushing the boundaries all night, in terms of slowing the ruck down and moving off their line too quick. There should have been several penalties blown IMO.

We are doing well to date, but I'd be surprised if we can continue to match it with them.
Thats the worry, these merkins love the grind. we'll see if it's in our DNA yet. We have to score first IMO.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Who can explain what just happened.

2 blokes in lycra raced, and for some reason another bloke in pink lycra tackled one to allow the other to win. Meanwhile a dwarf in a viking suit knocked over the hurdles after they had passed them.

Who put Casper in charge if halftime entertainment?????

Hindy and Fletch rematch i'd say

Seriously? I'm at the game and f**k me, they are digging in with their heads in every tackle, regardless if dominant or not. I'm ok wit the dominant ones but there have been several where they should be made to get straight up, they are still allowed to lay there!

Maybe it's coz we're watching from different viewing perspecitve, but they are getting the 2nd and 3rd tackler in there earlier and more effectively than we are.

As I said, i think the Roosters are doing there usual 'dare the ref to penalise us a hundred times' in the red zone, but I haven't found myself yelling 'f**king merkin' at the TV as often as usual....:)