What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Roosters

Yeah... I think our biggest hurdle are the demons coming back to haunt us from that 2nd. Half few weeks back..

different situation this time it should be dry + peats & sandow playing + its at parra
but we need to hang with them at the start of the game and not let them get an early lead

Stagger eel

Staff member
different situation this time it should be dry + peats & sandow playing + its at parra
but we need to hang with them at the start of the game and not let them get an early lead

Our danger period seems to be the 30th to 50th minute mark... We seem to leak a few tries at that time

eel01s

Bench
Think back to last year....we were utter tripe all year , and we were within a Jarryd Hayne kick recovery of beating them at Parra after getting smashed by 50 at Allianz.
If Haynes picks up the chip kick , we win the match . Not only does Mini run the length the other way and score the match-sealing try, we lose Hayne to a torn hammy!
Eels 24-16

Yeah that was a cracking game. I was disappointed with the loss, but devastated at Jarryd's injury.

Confidence is high, we won't be pushovers this week.

jk13

First Grade
Battle of the gods - Allah vs hillsong. The clouds might open up over parra stadium

The Colonel

Immortal
Looking forward to this game. Roosters are not coping well with being the hunted. We are living under the radar and I believe that they may look more to the result in Round Two than we will. I would guess that Mr Baracus has thrown that tape out and has them looking ahead rather than back. Whatever happens I think it will be a humdinger. Can't wait.

spiderdan

Bench
if things stick we will be in with a good shot.

watching the replay of the broncos game the way wally and lockyer described parra i think is spot on. unpredictable.

i like that arthur's' has given them a license to thrill.

forward pass

Coach
I know Peats wouldn't have changed the result, but if he played against Roosters we would not have got towelled up imo. We had no-one roll their sleeves up in that game - he would have done that for us. Plus we had zero impact out of dummy half without him.

This will be a very different game this time around. Not sure we will win - but it will go down to the wire.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know Peats wouldn't have changed the result, but if he played against Roosters we would not have got towelled up imo. We had no-one roll their sleeves up in that game - he would have done that for us. Plus we had zero impact out of dummy half without him.

This will be a very different game this time around. Not sure we will win - but it will go down to the wire.

Everyone 'rolled their sleeves up' in the first half. It wasn't until halftime (or shortly after) that the boys shit themselves.

Peats might have stopped that from happening.

lingard

Coach
I hope we got dis cos the week after we play a rampaging Tigers team which won't be easy

The Tigers are our little bitches. They'll be easy.
The Roosters will be harder. But last time we played them, we had no hooker, and a very conservative half-back. It's very different this time. I was initially thinking I'd be happy with a close loss, but I actually think we can win this. If we do, I reckon we'll beat the Tigers easily and that will be four wins on the trot.
Fourth place isn't looking so unrealistic now.

lingard

Coach
Everyone 'rolled their sleeves up' in the first half. It wasn't until halftime (or shortly after) that the boys shit themselves.

I think that's unfair and inaccurate. Penalties and a very lop-sided possession rate killed off any chance we had.

Eelogical

Referee

They may have rolled their sleeves up in the first half but had their pants around their ankles come full time. I don't think a towel will be needed this time around.

Sujskiez

Juniors
If we did beat roosters then the message is clear to the league world that parra are almost back to their best form and expect our odd of us getting a wooden spoon go down to almost to the value of manly's odd

Latest posts