What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs. Sharks Discussion + Voting

Dazzat

First Grade
No excuse, if he wasn't ready, Smith or Hunt should have been playing halfback.

Yet you make excuses for Tim Smith's performance today elsewhere in this thread!

This post is just so dumb ... and I question your loyalty to the club. You consistently attack a number of Broncos players ... even our chief playmaker who was a star performer last year until he broke his ankle.

If you love Tim Smith so much, please leave this forum and go support Cronulla.

screeder

Juniors
Dod
Dodds is certainly aiming up of late I am liking him more and more. He certainly is a prop/secondrower who needs to start the match. I think he could play a few more minutes IMO. Te'o was better today also, he ran the ball very hard looks to have grown a heart.

Dodds has aimed up every time he pulled the jersey on this year and i pretty much would say the same for Teo

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
3. Gillett
2. Thaiday
1. Folau

Great first half but the 2nd half was more of the same for the Broncos, so definitely not out of our hole for the moment.

Wallace did outplay Smith, but having Smith around still would have been handy with Wallace on the sidelines now for three weeks.

Country Bronco

Juniors
3 Gillett. 2nd try was pure class the play had shutdown and gillett was standing flat at the play the ball then he quickly got back and hit the hole off a perfect wallace pass to score untouched. Stood tall in defence with good positioning and not being sucked in. Great trysaver when he picked up one cronulla player and dumping him when a certain try was begging . It was a motm performance.
2 Wallace . His best game all year. Hunt or Norman will have big shoes to fill next week.
1 Dodds. Strong defence in the middle .

Honorable mention to Hoffman , Folau, Parker and Lockyer all produced good games.

Dazzat

First Grade
Wallace did outplay Smith, but having Smith around still would have been handy with Wallace on the sidelines now for three weeks.

Perhaps true, but a total hypothetical as it wasn't even a Broncos decision to let him go ... he was under contract to the Tigers.

DeeJ

Bench
I very much doubt there would be even half of an NRL team that was at 100% fitness.

These guys are constantly nursing injuries, most of them not reported in the media.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Not in the first 3 weeks they are not. In the last 3 weeks, fair point, not the first month.

Dazzat

First Grade
Not in the first 3 weeks they are not. In the last 3 weeks, fair point, not the first month.

The fact is your criticism of Broncos players is consistent and without remorse.

What player plays well EVERY game? Every player has forms slumps, and putting them in reserve grade isn't always the answer. Reserve grade may be the answer for those with motivation problems, but not class players like Wallace.

(Side note: I watched the Parramatta game today and Hindmarsh was fairly ordinary ... is it off to reserve grade for him?)

You are not a fan ... you are a critic as you give no player any latitude to be less than perfect. Please apply the same standard to your own life ... and enjoy the pressure. Sod off!

cornerposter

Juniors
Smith is a germ. He's done sweet f'all as a footballer and is culturally weak. Thank god he didn't get a foothold in this club, I dare say the Sharks and Tim are an excellent fit.

Loved how there was a bit of extra oomph each time he was hit today :D

That is what reserve grade is for, not NRL. I want 110% fit players playing every week, not 80% fit players.
Shhheeesh - 80% Wallace is still 50% better than 100% Smith.
Just face it, you're now a Sharkies supporter. :lol::lol:

Seagullsrock

Juniors

So players can't aggravate niggles at training or in games in the first few weeks. Only at the end of the season:lol:Just about sums you up as the wanker you are.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
3 gillet -the best a man can get
2 thaiday - i cant belieive how much he's improved this eyar (he's been awesome the past few years already)
1 lockyer i think he's stepped up since announcing he 's playing rep footy

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
3 - Gillet - Awsome. I didn't like the idea of him playing at centre but the gamble more than paid off. However i still think he would be more dangerous in the centre of the park.
2 - Thaiday - Didn't get in Lockyer's way:D. But serisouly i was really impressed by him made a few good hits in defence and backed up well for his try.
1 - Hoffman - I thought he played really well and i hope he keeps his spot ahead of Norman ( see him as being a 5/8).

Good work from the guys in the first half. Poor defence in the second. I think defence is going to be our Achilles heal this year.

I also flew up from sydney for the game :crazy:

Ghoulies

Bench
3. Thaiday - It was quality over quantity for Sammy yesterday. He reminded a lot of people that he actually has some good ball skills when used as more than a battering ram.
2. Gillett - There's so much love for this guy among Broncos fans right now. All of it deserved. He is the sh*t.
1. Hoffman - A natural fullback. He wasn't used much in our set plays, but he offered the support play in the middle third that we've been lacking all season.

Broncs4ever

Juniors
We played with purpose and won the first half with confidence - 32 - 0 WOW. But WTF happened in the second, they beat us 16 - 12. You can't put it all down to Wallace, he was still playing when the Sharks scored their first try (within 2.5 mins). This is not the first game this year that we have "gone off the boil" in the second. Who or what is turning off the gas in the sheds at half time?

beads6

First Grade
What was the game plan?? Second half was pretty bad I wanted the boys to run away with it.