What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Sharks

TheFrog

Coach
Fatfita got through today's captains run and will most likely play. Greedy guts Gallen will too.
One thing about the Sharks they don't give you chances to beat them. You have to play well to be a chance to win.
With the clear potential for further injury I'll be astonished if they risk Fifita. Gallen's a tough old cocky but still a shadow of the player he was.

franklin2323

Immortal
Maloney was injured during the Origin period. Probably no better time to give him a break then the few games after Origin to be right for the stretch home and the finals. I dont consider 8+ weeks to go almost finals either.

He picked Dean Whare for a Round 3 game in 2016 where he was not fit to run on the Tuesday when teams were named. Whare failed to finish that match or play any other game that season. If he waited one extra match it was anextra 10 days recovery for him to be fit for a Monday night game in Round 4.

God only knows how 2016 ends up for Whare if we didn't rush him back. Hook done it. Ivan done it. No point making out like one guy had a better reason than the other. At the end of the day they both backed partially fit players ahead of fully fit ones.

Hook takes the cake in the finals though. Wallace cops a head knock and goes for the HIA. Momentum swings our way with Katoa at hooker and we're on a path to win IMO. Then Katoa is taken off for Wallace and we couldnt sustain our momentum.

He couldnt identify that Katoa was having a blinder and was a better option than Wallace at the time. Ivan atleast recognised when Luai came on and momentum was lost. Tried to fix it back up. You could see him reacting to a planned move not working.

Egan passes the HIA Luai doesn't play so..

Maloney still played after hook was gone too.

Anyway all of that probably is part of why hook couldn't take the team further.

Ivan is meant to be the one to take us that step.. Yet is making the same mistakes

mxlegend99

Referee
A few reports Maloney & Cleary may have switched back to their previous sides.
They weren't really stuck to sides in attack so it seems pointless. The move was supposed to be to help Jimmy in defence. After missing 13 tackles last week we need him between the 2 best defenders we have.

GongPanther

Referee
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/17/injured-mansour-vows-to-soldier-on-for-patchy-panthers/

f**king selfish IMO. Soldiering on it is not. He's preventing a fully fit player who is able to do a better job from playing.

Just like Jimmy last year it shouldnt be happening. If there's a fit alternative they should be playing. Unless the injury doesn't affect your ability to do your job.

Really disappointed in both the coach and player. It hurts the team and denies a fit player the chance to play.
Fair points.It's always up to the coaching staff whether he can handle playing when he is needled up, regardless in how keen sauce wants to play. They'll probably bring in MWZ on gameday.

Panfa

Juniors
I think martin in for fuimaono is to stiffen up the defence we missed 67 tackles last week disgraceful.Malakai has to play to beat the sharks we need 17 fit and firing players both our wingers will be targeted.Edwards horribly out of form and mansour struggling with shoulder injury the sharks would be stupid not to test them out.

kinghippo

Juniors
I hope Grant has a good game, he always had an error and a couple of penalties in him. It would be good to see him shine as a veteran and do the job we need. If he can play like Latimore did a few years back, no frills and consistent, it would help a lot.
Fifita is always a danger but I get the feeling the backs will have the most influence on the outcome.
Xerri and Katoa have that pure speed that always troubles us. With an out of sorts Mansour and an out of position Edwards stinking it up out wide we could get hurt again.
Hopefully the whispers are true and we at least see MWZ in the team.

Pomoz

Bench
When I look at the team selected, it raise a curious question about selection criteria.What do you need to do to get dropped from the team by Ivan Cleary?

47m for a prop on big money isn't it. Is it 30m maybe? 20m and get caught egging the coaches car?

12 errors in 5 games at fullback including a horror game where you make 6 errors isn't it. Is it 7 errors, or is it 13 errors in 5 games? Egg the coaches car and tell him his son's grubber kicks suck?

1.8 Dummy half runs by the hooker is not it. It's not nil, because he already did that, maybe he has to run backwards in the wrong direction and then egg the coaches car.

I'm just curious, we can lose to the team that is last with nobody dropped. Do we need to lose to the team in last position (or second last, since we may soon be the team that is last) 2 times, or is it 3 times before we make changes?

Does our try scoring average need to be 1 try a game or nil. 2 tries a game seems to be ok.

I was just wondering what Dave O'Neill's mate sees as the benchmark. Maybe Dave knows, he seems to know about coaching and stuff.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
When I look at the team selected, it raise a curious question about selection criteria.What do you need to do to get dropped from the team by Ivan Cleary?

47m for a prop on big money isn't it. Is it 30m maybe? 20m and get caught egging the coaches car?

12 errors in 5 games at fullback including a horror game where you make 6 errors isn't it. Is it 7 errors, or is it 13 errors in 5 games? Egg the coaches car and tell him his son's grubber kicks suck?

1.8 Dummy half runs by the hooker is not it. It's not nil, because he already did that, maybe he has to run backwards in the wrong direction and then egg the coaches car.

I'm just curious, we can lose to the team that is last with nobody dropped. Do we need to lose to the team in last position (or second last, since we may soon be the team that is last) 2 times, or is it 3 times before we make changes?

Does our try scoring average need to be 1 try a game or nil. 2 tries a game seems to be ok.

I was just wondering what Dave O'Neill's mate sees as the benchmark. Maybe Dave knows, he is seems to know about coaching and stuff.

Lewis Brown is proof Ivan won't drop you. He used to give 2 errors. A few penalties a game and only be changed positions

mxlegend99

Referee
Someone should tell Jack Hetherington and Fuimaono Ivan won't drop players. Maybe Ivan thinks our depth is shit so is hesitant to drop guys for shit replacements. I honestly dont think we have the depth to make many changes

I think MWZ is able to do a better job than Mansour or Edwards. I don't think any of our other backs would be better though. Only way Aekins fits in is moving DWZ and he doesnt deserve to be moved after one game at fullback where he was very improved odver Edwards and himself as a winger.

Forwards... well we have tinkered with them and honestly none of the likes of Winterstein, Fuimaono, Martin etc. Have set the world on fire. Which is why RCG can keep his spot. Hes better than any of the alternatives.

I would fit Jed and MWZ in..but the only other eligible worthy player is Aekins and I would wait to see how Dallin goes first. Our reserve grade side really didn't do much to put our first grade players under pressure. Why reward them for it?

Latest posts