What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs. Tigers Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
user_nat said:
Looking at the stats I'm surprised to see Glenn was on for the full 80, didn't really seem to notice him.

Which is basically the typical Glenn performance. I barely notice him on the first play through but on replays I tend to notice he'll either make really important tackles or valuable runs out of our own half.

CaneToad

Juniors
Yep all bloody game. Yet the ONLY penalty we got was for Blair's late hit on Wallace.

+1 +1

Blair is a grub - I can't believe Sheens wanted him so bad.. He is paying for it now.
The holding down was ridiculous - I just want to set Farah on fire every time I watch him play. I hop he gets picked for NSW again so I can enjoy watching him fail... As much as Ennis is a pain at least he is fun at it Farah is just a germ....

CaneToad

Juniors
Which is basically the typical Glenn performance. I barely notice him on the first play through but on replays I tend to notice he'll either make really important tackles or valuable runs out of our own half.

+1
works hard for his team -

I saw him at a pre-season event on the Sunshine Coast and man has he put in some hours in the gym - that boy is built and his shirt was having trouble containing him - I reckon he would hurt when he hit you either in attack or defence.... most of the boys are looking much stronger this season which should serve them well in keeping up the workrate for a whole season

diddi kong

Juniors
2 tries, 5 try assists and 11 goals say different...

5 try assists for the lead playmaker in the team coming second is crap. that is the same amount as reynolds, prince, pearce who are in worse teams and you(plural) chastised like two days ago. Frank pritchard has 3 try assists ffs.
Also to put that in perspective, Cronk has 15 and Benji has 9, so 5 is by no means impressive. also i'd like to see your source for that, because 2 sources say he's only got 4.

The guy is in idiot with an anti-Wallace agenda
I dont have an anti wallace agenda, I am just bemused by this ridiculous Wallace love-in.

AuDragon

Juniors
I must have gotten confused then, because I got it from the individual Broncos games on nrlstats.com.

Regardless, I stand by my comment that Wallace is one of the best Halfbacks in the game currently, and I would only have Cronk or DCE ahead of him, because Johnson is too inconsistent and unexperienced to guide a team around the park.

You are fools for understimating the influence of Wallace on this team imo.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
5 try assists for the lead playmaker in the team coming second is crap. that is the same amount as reynolds, prince, pearce who are in worse teams and you(plural) chastised like two days ago. Frank pritchard has 3 try assists ffs.
Also to put that in perspective, Cronk has 15 and Benji has 9, so 5 is by no means impressive. also i'd like to see your source for that, because 2 sources say he's only got 4.

I dont have an anti wallace agenda, I am just bemused by this ridiculous Wallace love-in.

I couldn't care less if he only had 2 assists as long as the Broncos were winning and he was playing as well as he is, this season he has stepped up and taken a massive leadership role at the club and he is really leading the team around well. You have to be blind not to see how important he has become at the club. I can say confidently that without Wallace this year the broncos would be 1 or 2 from 6 not 5 from 6, his composure is so crucial.

Yeh maybe he doesn't set up enough tries but that has never really been the type of halfback he is.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I couldn't care less if he only had 2 assists as long as the Broncos were winning and he was playing as well as he is, this season he has stepped up and taken a massive leadership role at the club and he is really leading the team around well. You have to be blind not to see how important he has become at the club. I can say confidently that without Wallace this year the broncos would be 1 or 2 from 6 not 5 from 6, his composure is so crucial.

Yeh maybe he doesn't set up enough tries but that has never really been the type of halfback he is.

I think the point of diddi's post was that if you want to back up your comments with stats make sure the numbers are actually good first! I think Cronk got 4 or 5 in a single game just this weekend.

Big Pete

Referee
3. Peter Wallace
2. Josh McGuire
1. Justin Hodges

Haven't had time to watch a replay & really come up with any thoughts but ultimately I liked the patience the boys showed. Going into this game, all we wanted to see the boys do was earn repeat sets and win the territory battle and they certainly did that albeit against a side void of confidence.

Probably should have won by a lot more but I'm not too concerned about that at this stage. Just want to see us keep building and see if we can have that break-out performance that can really define a season.

As for Wallace, he's not going to steer us to a premiership by himself. In order for us to be taken seriously the likes of Hoffman, Norman & McCullough are going to have to step up. At this stage, he's doing a good job of steering the team around ala Foran 2011, just need to hope Norman has a similar season of DCE.

Onto the Raiders!

Latest posts