What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 - Titans vs Rabbitohs: Friday 23rd April 6pm @Cbus Super Stadium

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Handyman2190 jaxson paulo would be lucky to play park footy jaxson paulo should be released back to the titans where he came from he is HOPELESS CLUELESS AND CANT READ THE PLAYS!!! he runs around in circles when they attack near him boy oh boy can anyone name me a worse winger in the nrl than jaxson paulo?? Cant bennett see it!!! Surely paulo ain't playing next week surely to God!!!
He nearly killed us, his defense is terrible, out of position, doesn't know where he should be. Surely there's gotta be someone else.

Agree. Wasn't a star by any means but put in a really good shift tonight that we haven't seen from him before. Had his moments still but overall showed us what it is that Bennett sees in him.
Why? Because of one solid run, but cost us at least 2 tries with his out-of-position defense? If that's a good game, God help us when he has a bad game, he is not first grade standard

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Koloamatangi was great tonight, as was Marshall.

Sua can go. He's poor in defence and has offered little in attack all season.
Thank you, been saying this about Sua for ages. Absolutely NO WAY we give this guy a raise at the expense of keeping Gagai or Reynolds.

But I will give you credit where credit is due, you did call Benji's signing a master stroke, and it sure is, and not just this game, but obviously this game was a jackpot strike

Rabbits20

Immortal
Handyman2190 jaxson paulo would be lucky to play park footy jaxson paulo should be released back to the titans where he came from he is HOPELESS CLUELESS AND CANT READ THE PLAYS!!! he runs around in circles when they attack near him boy oh boy can anyone name me a worse winger in the nrl than jaxson paulo?? Cant bennett see it!!! Surely paulo ain't playing next week surely to God!!!
I was shaking all second half and shouting they must’ve heard me in the next suburb!

I am still shaking right now!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
We did enough to win that game but f**k we played soft. You can tell our attack is so clunky without Latrell. All in all good on the boys for getting through. You can tell we struggled to deal with the titans at the start and I think that's due to how tough the game was against the tigers.

Cameron Murray does so much for this team. Koloamatangi is going to be a special player and im not just saying that because he's in my fantasy team. It was great to see some Marshall magic tonight.
Ok, let's start by me saying I agree with everything in your second paragraph.
Now, the first paragraph, you start of saying we played soft (which is true of our defense) but then go on to criticise the attack. We scored 40pts. Even in the first half it looked like we were gonna score more. The attack wasn't the problem. It was the terrible defense. Fox had us at 44 missed tackles after the try to put us at 36-30. Paulo was terrible, Knight missed tackles including a terrible miss on Fifita's 2nd try, Sua was garbage. Where's his head at? It sure ain't thinking about his performance this season thus far.

Travitoh

First Grade
What does bennett see in him?

More than what we've seen of him in the past. On tonights viewing, a tall athletic winger that can carry the ball strongly.

As much as i haven't necessarily like Bennett at times, he has a decent record of spotting a talent.

Why? Because of one solid run, but cost us at least 2 tries with his out-of-position defense? If that's a good game, God help us when he has a bad game, he is not first grade standard

At least 2 tries? Fifita scored three of them running straight, Peachey ran over Reynolds and Fogarty scored when the entire Souths defence was scrambling.

Thank you, been saying this about Sua for ages. Absolutely NO WAY we give this guy a raise at the expense of keeping Gagai or Reynolds.

But I will give you credit where credit is due, you did call Benji's signing a master stroke, and it sure is, and not just this game, but obviously this game was a jackpot strike

Thank you :blush:

Sua can go for mine. Souths don't attack through the edge forward, we bypass them and use the backs. We just need an edge forward who makes their tackles, looking after the smaller guys outside of them and gets through work. It's pretty telling that the two games in which Sua got the hook, Souths outscored their opponent after.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Ok, let's start by me saying I agree with everything in your second paragraph.
Now, the first paragraph, you start of saying we played soft (which is true of our defense) but then go on to criticise the attack. We scored 40pts. Even in the first half it looked like we were gonna score more. The attack wasn't the problem. It was the terrible defense. Fox had us at 44 missed tackles after the try to put us at 36-30. Paulo was terrible, Knight missed tackles including a terrible miss on Fifita's 2nd try, Sua was garbage. Where's his head at? It sure ain't thinking about his performance this season thus far.

I thought our attack was actually clunky as f**k. Dropped balls, slow shifts and passes not hitting the mark. I dont really rate the titans as a solid defensive side and I think we would have struggled to put any points on any top 4 teams tonight.

Let's be honest here. It was South Sydney vs the Gold Coast David Fifita's tonight.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
At least 2 tries? Fifita scored three of them running straight, Peachey ran over Reynolds and Fogarty scored when the entire Souths defence was scrambling.

Thank you :blush:

Sua can go for mine. Souths don't attack through the edge forward, we bypass them and use the backs. We just need an edge forward who makes their tackles, looking after the smaller guys outside of them and gets through work. It's pretty telling that the two games in which Sua got the hook, Souths outscored their opponent after.

The 100 meter try was a direct result of him being caught out of position, and not making the tackle before the pass. Also his out of position-ness resulted in the GC being in a field position to score the other tries. C'mon man, you can't say he didn't have you worried when the ball was going his way, because everyone else, including the South's team was s#!++ing themselves.

2nd statement: very true, and well noticed. He is a shrinking violet against the big packs, with big opposing 2nd rowers like tonight, Melbourne, and even Brisbane. So how does that make him a "hitman"? Hitman my arrrrse

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I dont mind Jaxson Paulo. He's copping a lot from Souths supporters. I remember Burns copped this same amount of criticism before having his break out year.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I thought our attack was actually clunky as f**k. Dropped balls, slow shifts and passes not hitting the mark. I dont really rate the titans as a solid defensive side and I think we would have struggled to put any points on any top 4 teams tonight.

Let's be honest here. It was South Sydney vs the Gold Coast David Fifita's tonight.
That's cool, we see things differently, but as I said we scored 40pts and missed 44 tackles. To me that's 2 key stats. We didn't score 40 last week, but we sure didn't miss 44 tackles either

handyman2190

Bench
Mate i agree with you,last year i pulled out the little hairs in my nose,bald on top, because i know he hasnt got it, but marsters is worse moga is really a centre, we need to recruit/pinch lower graders showing potential

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Yes burns has had his injury issues but in 2019 he was awesome. If he stayed injury free I would say he's playing in Campbell Graham's spot.
IF....IF....IF...
Has he played a full season, ever?

I remember the last time he played he was so crap in defense he got hooked by Bennett and we haven't seen him since.

:joy::joy::joy: stop killing me :joy::joy::joy:

Rabbits20

Immortal

A wins a win mate Latrell is a massive loss!

Latest posts