What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Knights

globalpanther

Juniors
Same side if no injuries? If Marto back he plays but I don’t know whether I’d bring Garner back in, think he needs to earn spot thru Reggie’s. With 5 day turnaround to Souths game I personally think they’ll rest Marto not wanting to play him on short turnaround…

Iamback

Coach
Same side if no injuries? If Marto back he plays but I don’t know whether I’d bring Garner back in, think he needs to earn spot thru Reggie’s. With 5 day turnaround to Souths game I personally think they’ll rest Marto not wanting to play him on short turnaround…

Fish being out. Allows you to play both with less minutes.

Eisenhuth played 36 minutes
Salmon played 28.

Both guys could fill those minutes. Sorensen gives you flexibility

Probably need a run before Souths but on less minutes

Fangs

Coach
We are well and truly back. Played with great width last night.

I'll be surprised if Newy defend as poorly on the edge. I think we might get our points off the boot instead.

Iamback

Coach
Of course not but he's halves cover so his spot is safe. Peachey is garbage so he's not an option for that spot either

You go with 2 hookers than 1 needs to be the back up 7 if injuries happen.

Hence why it needs to be Garner then, Likely he will have a few weeks in NSW Cup 1st

MugaB

Coach
You go with 2 hookers than 1 needs to be the back up 7 if injuries happen.

Hence why it needs to be Garner then, Likely he will have a few weeks in NSW Cup 1st
Im not sure i understand the back up 7 comment?
We have Luai he was the no.7 in grades, all you need is a back up 5/8th if nathan gets injured, which critta, salmon, peachey can all do, and its the same guys if Romy gets injured, for me peachey as 18th man fits our squad perfectly, he can do centre, 5/8th, hooker, lock, whilst not perfect he covers enough for a 20-30 minute stint to get us thru a game if hia injuries occur, salmon is the same, but has better upside, as a backrower too, and much younger than peach hence why he gets the 17th, soni luke plus 2 props is the bench...
Gotta remember how much tackling an 80 minute hooker has to do, and also has to be effective in attack, kenny in the 1st 30, soni luke to spark after is a perfect combo, plus kenny deserves his spot regardless of whos better at actual hooker, his defence is what helps set up our wins, along with the rest of the fwd pack, we'd be lesser for it if he was off the bench (now without apasai)

Last edited:

Munky

Coach
Miller is a worse off the ball fullback than Latrell.

If he doesn't have PTSD after being worked over by Cleary and the kick chase it'll be an epic failure of game planning.

Think what they did to Will Kennedy back in 2021 when he ran for a total of twenty nine metres.

Iamback

Coach
Im not sure i understand the back up 7 comment?
We have Luai he was the no.7 in grades, all you need is a back up 5/8th if nathan gets injured, which critta, salmon, peachey can all do, and its the same guys if Romy gets injured, for me peachey as 18th man fits our squad perfectly, he can do centre, 5/8th, hooker, lock, whilst not perfect he covers enough for a 20-30 minute stint to get us thru a game if hia injuries occur, salmon is the same, but has better upside, as a backrower too, and much younger than peach hence why he gets the 17th, soni luke plus 2 props is the bench...
Gotta remember how much tackling an 80 minute hooker has to do, and also has to be effective in attack, kenny in the 1st 30, soni luke to spark after is a perfect combo, plus kenny deserves his spot regardless of whos better at actual hooker, his defence is what helps set up our wins, along with the rest of the fwd pack, we'd be lesser for it if he was off the bench (now without apasai)

When we get into the important games Fish will be playing 50 mins
Martin 80 mins
If Hosking is around 80 mins
Yeo 80 of course.

If you throw Kenny into middle minutes.

It leaves not many for Spencer/Sorensen so you can have that 17th spot for someone to make an impact but cover the backs incase of injury.

If a half goes off then Luke would just slot in there

MugaB

Coach
When we get into the important games Fish will be playing 50 mins
Martin 80 mins
If Hosking is around 80 mins
Yeo 80 of course.

If you throw Kenny into middle minutes.

It leaves not many for Spencer/Sorensen so you can have that 17th spot for someone to make an impact but cover the backs incase of injury.

If a half goes off then Luke would just slot in there
That wont happen for "important" games all backs have 80 mins, all fowards get a stint here and there, only Yeo seems to stay out there for a full 80 these days, probably doesn't need too either

Iamback

Coach
That wont happen for "important" games all backs have 80 mins, all fowards get a stint here and there, only Yeo seems to stay out there for a full 80 these days, probably doesn't need too either

You only need the 17 to cover HIA's or to change the tempo if you need it.

For now we should be rotating a few different guys in. Turuva even got a run in that role last year

Murraymob1

Juniors
I would say we are looking at the same 17 unless they bring garner in .but not sure anyone deserves to go for him .Martin is a week by week prospect not sure he will be back for this game

chrisD

Coach
I agree with the general point that now we have Luke playing off the bench at full strength Garner, Hosking or Lindsay Smith might be better options than Salmon in that 17 spot (though obviously one of Hosking or Garner will be in the first 13), maybe even Peachey.

Iamback

Coach
How is it not right??? Again mate, I’ll never understand. How side is nicely balanced, now it’s about keeping them fit and getting games into them

see Earlier post.

If you have the backrow, Yeo and Kenny playing 80 mins. Sorensen will be fresh enough to play some edge minutes if needed.

That position is incase of injury only. Or some spark later in games. Putting Cole and
Others in there is preparing them for playing the top grade next year.

Like we did a few games with Turuva last year

WestyLife

First Grade
I want to see us against some better teams to see how they're going. It's all good to score 40 and 50 against terrible teams and even then they only had two good halves out of a possible 4. Knights are trying hard but I'm not sure how to rate them right now.