What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Roosters

getsmarty

Immortal
pereiraj-200620_sd_03.jpg

JUDICIARY

Pereira cited for Thompson tackle
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 21 Jun 2020, 12:45 PM

St George Illawarra winger Jordan Pereira has been charged with a grade three careless high tackle charge following the Dragons' 20-8 win over the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday.

Pereira was charged for his hit on Corey Thompson, which rubbed the new Titans fullback out for the remainder of the game.

Pereira is looking at two weeks on the sideline with an early guilty plea; although if he were to fight the charge and lose he would be suspended for three matches.

The Dragons and Pereira have until midday on Monday to determine their next step.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/06/21/pereira-cited-for-thompson-tackle/

Dragonslayer

First Grade
They can’t release him now, he’s the nil for a wing spot. JP suspended and Rava was probably in line for a dropping in any case so we need him. He won’t get an opportunity at Melbourne he’s not in front of Vunivalu or JAC. So leaving for an opportunity is bullshit and pretty highly in breach of contract. I can understand next year to replace one of those two but right now I would just flat out say no it’s a low act on his part if he’s pushing this hard in current situations imo.

Don't be surprised if they let Vunivulu go if they did sign Saab. Rugby is back on. If his hearts not in it and Saabs not interested to play with us, then the deal will be done.

In some way i hope this happens as it is a further nail in McGregors coaching coffin.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Don't be surprised if they let Vunivulu go if they did sign Saab. Rugby is back on. If his hearts not in it and Saabs not interested to play with us, then the deal will be done.

In some way i hope this happens as it is a further nail in McGregors coaching coffin.
I still hold out hope that we hold firm with him for 2020, he nails a spot and we have a change of coach and he has a change of heart but that looks a pipe dream. If I could have any winger in the whole NRL though it would be Xavier Coates. He’s already awesome and could be anything.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Its going to be a very interesting Team list on tuesday, for several reasons:
-- will JDB's name be there in the 21? And let's assume for a moment he is cleared to play (at some point this week, it may not be Monday or even Tuesday). We are playing the Roosters and JDB hasn't played a game for near on 2yrs and up against Radley. Or does he start with Merrin and bring DeBelin on as he has with Graham.
-- will Saab be named on the wing and on his non-preferred side or his preferred side to mark up against Tupou. This would the move Rava and up against Morris. Saab also hasn't played since last year. If Saab is not named at 2 or 5 then my guess he's definitely gone.

Just one comment on DeBelin. IF he is cleared, he would still need clearance from the NRL, is that correct?

getsmarty

Immortal
I still hold out hope that we hold firm with him for 2020, he nails a spot and we have a change of coach and he has a change of heart but that looks a pipe dream. If I could have any winger in the whole NRL though it would be Xavier Coates. He’s already awesome and could be anything.

Let's hope that the incoming coach has a word in his ear............:)

TruSaint

Referee
-- will JDB's name be there in the 21? And let's assume for a moment he is cleared to play (at some point this week, it may not be Monday or even Tuesday). We are playing the Roosters and JDB hasn't played a game for near on 2yrs and up against Radley. Or does he start with Merrin and bring DeBelin on as he has with Graham.
-- will Saab be named on the wing and on his non-preferred side or his preferred side to mark up against Tupou. This would the move Rava and up against Morris. Saab also hasn't played since last year. If Saab is not named at 2 or 5 then my guess he's definitely gone.

Just one comment on DeBelin. IF he is cleared, he would still need clearance from the NRL, is that correct?

Depends what you mean by "cleared".
I assume you are saying should the charges be dismissed ? Then yes he would be able to play, as the charges used to stand him down no longer apply.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

I think they should let Graham go even if JDB isn’t cleared. Korbin is a fair replacement with probably a bit more go forward. I’d promote Blacker to the squad also as cover for Korbin. I’d rather blood him a bit early than help another team out by taking an old journeyman off someone’s hands.

George Sancti

Juniors
Footballers who have trouble with catching the ball usually suffer from poor concentration. You may recall that Beau Scott had similar problems early in his career before Bennett, with the help of others addressed the problem.

Whilst the current coaching group may not process the skills to help Ravalawa, I would expect that there are others close to the club who could see the problem and work with Ravalawa to reduce the number of mistakes. Given Ravalawa’s other strengths, he could be a very valuable player.

TruSaint

Referee
I'm dumb founded , that we were in a hurry to sign him to a 3 year deal .... It must have been cheap .... Or there were teams lined up to sign him .... Hope he proves me wrong , but he will be more of a liability than a asset ....

My problem is that we know what we get from Rava. He is a known quantity. A one year deal, with an addition 1 year option in the clubs favour at best.

3 years, irrespective of how cheap, is just dumb imo.

TruSaint

Referee
Footballers who have trouble with catching the ball usually suffer from poor concentration. You may recall that Beau Scott had similar problems early in his career before Bennett, with the help of others addressed the problem.

Whilst the current coaching group may not process the skills to help Ravalawa, I would expect that there are others close to the club who could see the problem and work with Ravalawa to reduce the number of mistakes. Given Ravalawa’s other strengths, he could be a very valuable player.

All good points.
Why offer 3 years then ?

hazzbeen

Bench

Welcome to the forum George , I can't see it but I hope he turns out to be great and proves me wrong ....

Latest posts