What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 V Roosters

justadragon

Bench
if we are ever going to beat the Roosters its this week, theyre very clunky in attack...their defence is also a bit all over the shop..
I like the majority of members on here think our problems start at 9, but if we manage to muddle our way around that then our issues will be the Dragons only attacking option/playmaker ( Ben Hunt), so even having a defence that is all over the shop will still be able to nullify our attack, we have no other point of difference and we are one dimensional, its not rocket science.

Mojo

Bench
I like the majority of members on here think our problems start at 9, but if we manage to muddle our way around that then our issues will be the Dragons only attacking option/playmaker ( Ben Hunt), so even having a defence that is all over the shop will still be able to nullify our attack, we have no other point of difference and we are one dimensional, its not rocket science.
Scomo said we can use a transgender 9 if we really need to.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I don't think we can hold the Roosters to a few try's.

So are we missing out without Slone and limited time for Amone.

Mbye had a good game however, I thing if Slone was on the field he would have scored in the first half when the kick was put through and Ponga blocked him and they got a 20 metre.

I watched the replay and I reckon Amone's run was very smart. He saw there was space and went for it.

He was fresh however, what other opportunities could he offer in attack. Wouldn't mind seeing more game time this weekend on the best regular season game.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Roosters are nearly as bad as us in attack .. very ordinary ..
I'm starting to think we may be a chance. We caught Newcastle at a bad time with injury and maybe now the Roosters as well. I don't believe we've chosen our best team, (Josh Kerr a starting prop- pleeeese!!!) but, in addition to their hot and cold form, the Roosters have some defensive frailty around Sam Walker which can be exploited by Bird and our edge runners. Also, Momirovski is reportedly under an injury cloud.

Supercoach Robinson is a smart guy and I'm sure he'll be planning for Radley to station himself next to Walker in defence but it's not possible to do that for the entire 80 mins. Hard one to pick.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Generally agree with your posts mate. But not this one.

Our issues start at 9. McCullough’s service is so poor that our forwards have no confidence hitting the ball at pace, and we are unable to play with width on the right side. Defences never need to condense because his running isn’t a threat, and we are regularly split through the A and B defenders.

Hunt solves all of these problems immediately with a shift to 9, and he can still control the team, bring his kicking game, and use his trick shots.

If we had someone else ready to play 9 I could understand your point of view, but we simply don’t. For the balance of the team it’s the best move, and the sooner the better.
Not sure why we keep going on about Hunt to 9. It's not going to happen.

Walpole

Juniors
Out with the old in with the new Amone to 6 and Sullivan to 7. Hunt to 9 and Sloan back to fullback. How hard is it 😂🤯🤯
To me, that's a spine you could at least imagine being in a top 4 team in a couple of years, playing exciting footy and challenging the Penrith's of the world. I just can't see Mbye and Bird steering a team into any more than a scrappy 8th placed finish and a fighting loss in the first semi.

Illusion

Bench
Out with the old in with the new Amone to 6 and Sullivan to 7. Hunt to 9 and Sloan back to fullback. How hard is it 😂🤯🤯
Its not hard at all ...... If everything was going great proberbly leave it as is 2 wins in 14 games ? Last weeks win and everyone forgets the loses ......

Crush

Coach
To me, that's a spine you could at least imagine being in a top 4 team in a couple of years, playing exciting footy and challenging the Penrith's of the world. I just can't see Mbye and Bird steering a team into any more than a scrappy 8th placed finish and a fighting loss in the first semi.
At absolute best

Latest posts