What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 V Roosters

possm

Coach
It seems as though some players that miss getting NRL selection do not necessarily get selected in reserve grade. Very strange.

I'd like to see each NRL club have a reserve grade team and a women's team, no matter what the cost.

If this was so the event each week could start with the women's match, then reserve grade and then NRL. If this could happen I believe fans would see value for money and sim gate numbers would increase.

If the above could be achieved, I like to see 10 reserve grade players on the NRL bench (must have played at least 30 minutes in reserve grade), with a replacement rule in first-grade being, 'when you come off, you stay off'.

No only would such a rule help to develop more players but it would also give the coach a good look at players' suitability at the NRL level. It may also help injured players recover sooner.

Dragon David

First Grade
It seems as though some players that miss getting NRL selection do not necessarily get selected in reserve grade. Very strange.

I'd like to see each NRL club have a reserve grade team and a women's team, no matter what the cost.

If this was so the event each week could start with the women's match, then reserve grade and then NRL. If this could happen I believe fans would see value for money and sim gate numbers would increase.

If the above could be achieved, I like to see 10 reserve grade players on the NRL bench (must have played at least 30 minutes in reserve grade), with a replacement rule in first-grade being, 'when you come off, you stay off'.

No only would such a rule help to develop more players but it would also give the coach a good look at players' suitability at the NRL level. It may also help injured players recover sooner.
Some very good points you raised there possm. I think that a majority of people who can get to the matches and there are others who would like to but don't think watching one game is worth the money. Some people do have to drive some distance to the games and the more games they can see enables them to pack a thermos and some goodies to eat and make a day of it rather than for a couple of hours. Would be nice to see the three teams you mentioned in the arena on game days.

There is so much more improvement that the NRL can bring in for the fans and the players as well. If the fans had more of a say in how the competition is run and administered the better the games would be but there is Buckley's chance of this happening.

justadragon

Bench
Some very good points you raised there possm. I think that a majority of people who can get to the matches and there are others who would like to but don't think watching one game is worth the money. Some people do have to drive some distance to the games and the more games they can see enables them to pack a thermos and some goodies to eat and make a day of it rather than for a couple of hours. Would be nice to see the three teams you mentioned in the arena on game days.

There is so much more improvement that the NRL can bring in for the fans and the players as well. If the fans had more of a say in how the competition is run and administered the better the games would be but there is Buckley's chance of this happening.
back in the bad old days, yes i said old :))) there were always 3 games on, and personally i found it to be a great day out with the family

Dragon David

First Grade
We have really got to dig deep tomorrow. It will be hard fought and the less mistakes we make the better and if we have a very good percentage of possession we could have a good result. It has been too long since we won on Anzac Day and just as there was a long drought winning the Charity Shield this year, we might do it tomorrow. Go the Dragons.