What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs. Raiders Discussion + Voting

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Ben Hunt kicked goals in the u/20s when they were in the grand final so I'm assuming he'll do it.. I heard Norman is a really good goal kicker as well..

Not sure why starting Parker is a must, now that Wallace is injured..you might say experience and defence, but Parker won't be defending next to Hunt, and his experience won't make a difference to the halfback..I say we stick to the plan

My main reason would be why waste an interchange when the guy can easily play 80 minutes. But meh I don't care that much.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Quote:

*FOR THE BRONCOS TO WIN: Their complacency issues during games need to be addressed. Brisbane have dropped their bundle in the second half over the past two weeks, allowing their opponents in with a sniff. A focused Brisbane should comfortably take this one out, but they wouldn't want to give the unpredictable Raiders a chance.

Have to agree with this from the "sportal".

Bretto

Bench
Great win by the Broncos. Norman is really turning into a great player. His running game is coming along nicely. Seeing him next to Lockyer tonight for his man of the match award on channel 9, he's about 2 inches taller than Lockyer and much more built. He's gonna be quite the player.

Our forwards were all great, Hunt impressed me at halfback. Didn't do anything flashy, but like I said, defended well, kicked well, and organized well.

Raiders were poor, but still a convincing win.

3. Norman
2. Hoffman
1. Hunt

Last edited:

broncos70

Juniors
3. hoffman
2. norman
1. mcguire

hunt, gillett and hodges were also great..Hunt is very very sharp!

I bagged norman at 5/8 earlier this yr but i'll gladly take back my word..for now!

Ghoulies

Bench
3. Norman
2. Hodges
1. Hannant

Hoffman was very strong, as were pretty much the rest of the guys in our pack.

Mr Fourex

Bench
3. Norman
2. Hannant
1. Hoffman

Hodgo narrowly missing out on the points. Couple early dropped balls....

I know the Faiders were shit....and Norman was hot, but our attack tonight looked very dangerous. Hoffman was finally trailing players and picked up some very good metres. Both halves looked enterprising and creative

Ben Hunt was another one unlucky to miss out on the points. He had a super game.

McC was better in his 2nd stint.

Forwards were great.......as usual. Thaiday, Gillett, Parker (except for his boot)

Thought that was Petros best game for us since he's been back.

Satisfying victory.

hellteam

First Grade
3. Norman
2. Hunt
1. Hannant

Is it just me or does nearly every team we have beaten this year play absolutely shocking against us? I'm not sure if it's luck or if its something our defence is doing but it's seemed to happen a lot.

Good win, bit shattered there's no Broncos game next Friday to be honest!

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
3. Norman
2. Hoffman
1. Hannant

Wow Norman and Hoffy both super impressive. Even after Hoffy took a couple of blows. Hannant made some great charges.

Civo, Hodges and Hunt were also fantastic.

All round a pretty good performance. After Campo went off the Raiders had no chance of making a come back.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
3. Norman - Darren who? The No 6 jumper is his, and his confidence just keeps growing.
2. Hoffman - Karmichael who? So dangerous on the kick returns and really knows how to find the gap. Great in defence tonight too.
1. Hannant - getting back to his polar bear best. Number one forward out there tonight.

Hodgo was outstanding - Croker will be having nightmares about him for a month. Would have been in the points if not for his mistakes.

LOL @ Joel Thompson going for the grubby swinging arm and collecting his own team mate.

AuDragon

Juniors
3- Norman
2- Hoffman
1- Hodges

Hunt, Thaiday, Hannant, Civo, Gillett and Glenn honourable mentions as well.

Awesome stuff from a pretty young team, but really Hook deserves a huge wrap for the confidence and steel he injected in this team. :clap:

diddi kong

Juniors
Don't know how we got through that one without top 3 halfback in the comp Wallace! I pretty much threw in the towel when I heard he was out.

3. Norman
2. Hoffman
1. Hodges

Honestly we seem to be able to cope with an injury in almost any position this year, we have good cover for props, back rowers, wing/fullbacks and halfback. The only injury we couldn't cope with i think would be Hodges, and maybe Norman ( not convinced Wallace, Hunt or Gillett are five eighths)

Also Pre-match I had a laugh when I saw this on the Raiders Twitter site : "Head to Head Croker v Hodges. Who'll come out on top tonight?. "

Mr Fourex

Bench
Don't know how we got through that one without top 3 halfback in the comp Wallace! I pretty much threw in the towel when I heard he was out.

:lol: ........ahhh, the hate in you is strong. Be wise with it.

Seriously, our halves combo seemed a lot more dangerous than the Wallace/Norman one

or was it Canberra were just so shit?

Is Pete still out next week...? :sarcasm:

AceAv

Juniors
Norman setup thaidays try beautifully, but I think we could have run in 2-3 more tries if he went wide! But I think he's outstanding still! It's early days and he is showing real signs of a great player.

Hunt was looking comfy and combined very well -I am thrilled to know he can fit the position like that. Makes me wonder if he should have been the 6th last year in the semis?

To answer a question from earlier, yeah it seems a lot of teams we played have been shit. But the Bronx have been in a different caliber and fitness & ability has been where we excelled! I think manly Melbourne are the benchmark -maybe drag queens and bdogs after that -cronulla could be a challenge?

I really enjoyed the game tonight. All players (even dropley) played really well for the full 80. Looking forward to the Melbourne game coming up, should really test us. Hope they take a loss soon! (go the dogs)

3.Norman
2.hoffman
1.civo

00digger00

Juniors
Norman 3 - aggree with everything that's been said about him on this game.
Hunt 2 - played really well and filled the gap nicely.
Hoffman 1 - had some great touches and was rock solid under the high ball!

Pretty happy once again with the performance. Doesn't matter who you are playing, to put 30 points on the board in the wet is pretty good going. I'd be more than happy to hand Melbourne there first lose of the season in a couple of weeks!!

qld aussie

Juniors
Norman 3 - aggree with everything that's been said about him on this game.
Hunt 2 - played really well and filled the gap nicely.
Hoffman 1 - had some great touches and was rock solid under the high ball!

Have to agree with all of the above all 3 were outstanding.Were only in round 7 but far out we look the goods. Too Big Too Fast Too Strong. Once we got into the grind of the game the broncs blew the radaaars away. :sarcasm::sarcasm:
Forwards were outstaning gave the backs plenty of room and with abit more maturiy they could play with a bit more width in the green zone.:shock:
Gillett f....n freak. Petro best game all year showed why he still is one of the best. Hodges how strong is this bloke? Who's NEXT.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I am pleased we put an effort in over 80 minutes eventhough the second forty minutes the teams weren't going as hard at eachother. Everyone is talking about how our halves went and i thought Norman was the best on field and hunt was superb. I think back to the first ten minutes when the raiders had it all over us. They were making a lot of metres, looking dangerous and our forwards were taking a long time to get back and did little to break advantage line. The raiders constantly slowing our play the ball annoyed but more so cause the refs weren't penalising it.Then Petero made a good hitup and Polar followed and we started running out of dummyhalf, offloading and running through the middle, thats when the game changed. Norman and Hunt were running a lot but they had support (the whole team). The icing on the cake was exposing the raiders weak left hand side defence we used our pet play involving Thaiday it payed off for the first two tries. Thats all the momentum we needed.

3. Norman
2. Hunt
1. Petero

Notable mentions: Hannant.

I don't think there was a bad performance in the team. I would of liked to have seen more Lui, he impressed me with his first carry.

IBA

Juniors
I'll have to watch a replay before I can comment properly, didn't see patches of the game. We looked good, Raiders looked pretty friggen average which seems to be what we do to teams. It's not they they play badly against us, we make them play badly through pressure. At least I hope that's what it is.

Norman and Hunt were both great, I hope what comes from this is a bit more confidence from Norman to get involved when Wallace is back. These 2 played together very well but Norman seemed to take control much more. I hope he can learn to be a little more assertive when paired with Wallace, it still seems like he is playing under Wallace a little, not equally along side him.

Anyway, good win. First time we've had a solid 80 minutes this year.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
3 Hodges
2 Hoffman
1 Norman

Well can't say Canberra came out firing but by the 6th minute we looked down and out and just plain flat? We had trouble making ground in attack which was very unlike us? Not sure if our confidence was down with missing a couple of key players but I thought Canberra was going to keep coming at us all night after they scored first. But after a bad kick into their goal mouth and a few stray passes we started to gel and the raiders just started falling to pieces.

Hodges had a blinder, Hoffman outstanding and Norman never stopped all night. Thaiday/Petro/Hannant all played well and would love to see one of the forwards especially Petro get themselves over the line. Beale played well and even Copley had his best game. Gillet dangerous at times and Macca had a good one mostly. And good to see Lui come on and thought he looked strong. The only player IMO who didn't play well was Baptiste. His passing was suspect all night and the first half so many line balls at best. And I'll throw in the refs and linesman for having shockers all night as well! FU***** asleep or what???

Well we didn't let them in in the second half but the raiders were truly woeful. Couldn't buy themselves a try in the 2nd. Another win but still thought we had more points in us especially out wide plus the missed conversions but not complaining with the win. Great to see another downing!

Behold

Juniors
3. Norman
2. Hunt
1. Hoffman

Hodges had a great game but dropped the ball twice in the tackle. All our forwards were poor in the first 15. Hunt Norman look a much more dangerous combination in attack than Wallace Norman. Enjoyed Hunt trying different things and playing what was in front of him. Norman really stepped it up and even when Wallace comes back Norman should be demanding the ball more. Hoffman had a cracker was always backing up and injecting himself into the line. None of the forwards really stood out, thought Thaiday was our least impressive backrower yet again. Would've liked to see Lui get a few more minutes but he tried his best to keep his spot for the next game. He definitely had more impact than the broncs were getting from anderson off the bench.