What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

Glenn012

Juniors
POTENTIAL yes that's the word but at present Jordan is much safer ,more polished and harder running than Ravalawa ,who has a lot to learn just hope his learning process doesn't take too long.... .
I very much doubt he is harder running. Ravalawa is bigger, younger, faster and seemingly just as skillful. He doesn't put 120% into everything he does like Pereira does but Jake Marketo in the backrow used to put in 150% to everything he did.

Crush

Coach
I watched Ricky Stuart's interview about clash with Manly this week. He said he's dropping one of his bench utilities back to Mounties for a few weeks so he gets some game time, no point having a player only getting 15 mins a game for a whole season. Said hed bring that player back once he gets some good game time in CC.
Meanwhile Lomax is forgetting how to play football on the Dragons bench....

possm

Coach
He is down on last year, but given that he was arguably the form 2nd rower at this time last year that’s forgivable. He’s getting less ball I think, and his defence wasn’t as noticeably aggressive until last week when we started to see that venom again. I also thought he was really good vs the broncos, really took it to their forwards.
Do you think Mary has told him to pace himself this season?

The Damo

Juniors
Do you think Mary has told him to pace himself this season?
Doubt it. That’s not how it works, or how it should work. Even if someone is carrying an injury they should be doing 100% of what hey are capable of to win. If they are at 85% fitness due to an injury (probably at least 30% of the players on ground in any round) then they should play that 85% to full capacity.

possm

Coach
Well, yeah....
In my view it should be Aitken playing the Mann role as he is more suited to that role and less suited to the right centre role.

Lomax is a young man, mature and with a great footy brain. I am sure his advisers would be telling him to just turn up each week and do your best in any role that Mary throws his way.

Eventually Aitken will really stuff up or his hamstring injury will appear. Lomax is the only option for SGI if that happens.

Our only problem will be, how many games do we lose before Mary admits to himself that Lomax is the sensible choice for the right centre position.

possm

Coach
I watched Ricky Stuart's interview about clash with Manly this week. He said he's dropping one of his bench utilities back to Mounties for a few weeks so he gets some game time, no point having a player only getting 15 mins a game for a whole season. Said hed bring that player back once he gets some good game time in CC.
Meanwhile Lomax is forgetting how to play football on the Dragons bench....
One more reason why Aitken should spend time on the bench and Lomax be selected at right centre.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
In my view it should be Aitken playing the Mann role as he is more suited to that role and less suited to the right centre role.

Lomax is a young man, mature and with a great footy brain. I am sure his advisers would be telling him to just turn up each week and do your best in any role that Mary throws his way.

Eventually Aitken will really stuff up or his hamstring injury will appear. Lomax is the only option for SGI if that happens.

Our only problem will be, how many games do we lose before Mary admits to himself that Lomax is the sensible choice for the right centre position.

Well, yeah (x2)...

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Hope your right... was hoping Timm would get a shot ... feel against the roosters we need the extra forward

Of course, Saints need as much firepower today as possible.

Kerr should be there in lieu of Latimore.’
Host keeps his spot due to good form all season.
Lomax should be in the starting line up.
Leilua retains his spot until JDB is back (which I don’t believe will be until next year).

Timm isn’t ready.

Crush

Coach

What makes you say he is mature?

Mark D

Juniors
Getting nervous... Will be a huge achievement if we can win this one today... Will be watching live from downtown Bangkok...Absolutely love this game and the ANZAC occasion... to all the red V faithful heading to the SCG have a great day let’s hope the boys turn up and give it horns !