What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Roosters

rednwhites

Juniors
Thanks mate, glad we will have lomax on the field albeit playing out of position.

Ben Creagh started on the wing. It was still better to have a quality player on the field and he went on to be a club legend. Lomax will demand whatever position he wants over the course of the next season or two. That's if he is allowed to play.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I watched Ricky Stuart's interview about clash with Manly this week. He said he's dropping one of his bench utilities back to Mounties for a few weeks so he gets some game time, no point having a player only getting 15 mins a game for a whole season. Said hed bring that player back once he gets some good game time in CC.
Meanwhile Lomax is forgetting how to play football on the Dragons bench....
In the rugby the crusaders have put a couple of all black forwards on ice for a few weeks. Load management . .But not Mary's style of load management . .. .OH FOR A PROPER COACH.. ..

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Zac is starting on the right wing for Rava. Host will start.

It's time someone called Sammy out. I don't want to start a war here, but Sammy has been doing this for so long now and people are getting sucked right in. He strategically waits for information to become available from people who actually know what they're talking about when they post on Jubilee Avenue or here on the main forum. He also watches all of the injury update videos posted to the Dragons website and runs here to post it like it's his own information. I've had an eye on it for ages, he only posts when the information is out there, or reliable guys like Salty, George and WTC post to JA, when someone reliable posts to the Dragons fan group on Facebook, or when there is a rumour floating around social media.

To give you a couple of examples:
- Only posts about team news or injuries when other guys post it.
- Only posts about player signings when the rumours are posted by other forum members or journalists. He is deliberately ambiguous in his posts about player signings and speculation, to cover his bases in case it doesn't happen. You know, the old "ahh, it must have fallen through" trick.
- Robson and Barrett as an example, look at the timeline. Only posted about them when the Mole and others released articles. Then used ambiguous language to cater for all scenarios.

I'm sure Sammy is a great bloke, and I know this is such a long walk for a short drink of water, but he's been doing it for so long and i've just rolled my eyes and carried on every time. Had enough at this point.

Paddles

Juniors
Close no field but

Well it can't be Rava to the bench - he can only cover wing.

So fingers crossed it's Aitken to the bench and Lomax in with no other changes. The other option might be Rava dropped, Lomax to wing, another bench forward.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Zac is starting on the right wing for Rava. Host will start.

It's time someone called Sammy out. I don't want to start a war here, but Sammy has been doing this for so long now and people are getting sucked right in. He strategically waits for information to become available from people who actually know what they're talking about when they post on Jubilee Avenue or here on the main forum. He also watches all of the injury update videos posted to the Dragons website and runs here to post it like it's his own information. I've had an eye on it for ages, he only posts when the information is out there, or reliable guys like Salty, George and WTC post to JA, when someone reliable posts to the Dragons fan group on Facebook, or when there is a rumour floating around social media.

To give you a couple of examples:
- Only posts about team news or injuries when other guys post it.
- Only posts about player signings when the rumours are posted by other forum members or journalists. He is deliberately ambiguous in his posts about player signings and speculation, to cover his bases in case it doesn't happen. You know, the old "ahh, it must have fallen through" trick.
- Robson and Barrett as an example, look at the timeline. Only posted about them when the Mole and others released articles. Then used ambiguous language to cater for all scenarios.

I'm sure Sammy is a great bloke, and I know this is such a long walk for a short drink of water, but he's been doing it for so long and i've just rolled my eyes and carried on every time. Had enough at this point.

Great news re Zac

Hope he gets the 6 weeks Rav got & not ditched after a dropped ball FFS

Paddles

Juniors
It's good that Lomax is starting if that's the case, but disappointing that it is on the wing, and Rava - a guy who is green but definitely improving - is dropped instead of the obvious apples for apples swap.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I always watch the Roosters and have to wonder why there is never questions raised about Jarrad WH. Look at film clips of him back in 2012 and look at his size and body shape now.
He is twice the size he was and his match stamina and the minutes he plays are incredible. Maybe I am cynical and I know players can build themselves up, but he is literally unbelievable.

possm

Coach
Well it can't be Rava to the bench - he can only cover wing.

So fingers crossed it's Aitken to the bench and Lomax in with no other changes. The other option might be Rava dropped, Lomax to wing, another bench forward.
I think Lomax to wing would even be a worse option then what we have now. The problem is Aitken and so if Lomax was on the wing, he would not get fed the ball and would left in no mans land in defence.

On the other hand, Lomax could support Rav as a block when Rav is taking the high ball, his defensive style would not leave Rav in no mans land and Lomax could deliver great ball to Rav giving him some room to chase down a try.

Lomax is also able to pass both ways so Dufty would also benefit when sprinting on the inside of Lomax.

Mitchell would be the biggest test for any opposing centre so I'm hoping Mary does not want to look stupid again and therefore switch Aitken and Lomax for this match; mainly to protect his love child Aitken.