What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Souths

hindy111

Post Whore
I don’t know I think he is still rehabbing.He will be in the mix when fit but he is middle only.

Kikau is a weapon. CHN on other side would be dynamic. But if this kid is fit he would be great on the bench.

I like what Jerome Luai is doing. He seems like a sleeper and with Cleary running the show he can use his tricks more selective.
Burton to me looks more like the type who runs the show. More like a Cleary style. Unsure they'd be a good match. Cleary has made the side a lot stronger imo

WestyLife

First Grade
Kikau is a weapon. CHN on other side would be dynamic. But if this kid is fit he would be great on the bench.

I like what Jerome Luai is doing. He seems like a sleeper and with Cleary running the show he can use his tricks more selective.
Burton to me looks more like the type who runs the show. More like a Cleary style. Unsure they'd be a good match. Cleary has made the side a lot stronger imo

CHN isn't going to happen. It'll be someone already on the roster.

chrisD

Coach
Naden was good. Everyone was pretty good (besides Burns). But Souths are trash and played trash and accordingly nothing much should be read into the game.

WestyLife

First Grade
Naden was good. Everyone was pretty good (besides Burns). But Souths are trash and played trash and accordingly nothing much should be read into the game.

While true about Souths form Panthers have a consistent positive style of football that has given them a positive record against the top 4.

mxlegend99

Referee
We won. Backing up a good performance against the Storm.

One loss in 7 rounds with games against Storm, Eels, Souths and Roosters aint bad.

That poorog shit effort against a depleted Knights side is our most embarassing effort and we didnt lose. The Eels game was lost in less than a 10 minute period where our team stopped knowing how to tackle. Crichton was the one who looked worst in it. But Tamou wasnt far behind.

Aside from that we've been solid with glimpses of being good. You dont need to be perfect this early in the season. Just look to improve each week and fix your issues to find form at the end of the season. Winning more than you lose along the way.

chrisD

Coach
We won. Backing up a good performance against the Storm.

One loss in 7 rounds with games against Storm, Eels, Souths and Roosters aint bad.

That poorog shit effort against a depleted Knights side is our most embarassing effort and we didnt lose. The Eels game was lost in less than a 10 minute period where our team stopped knowing how to tackle. Crichton was the one who looked worst in it. But Tamou wasnt far behind.

Aside from that we've been solid with glimpses of being good. You dont need to be perfect this early in the season. Just look to improve each week and fix your issues to find form at the end of the season. Winning more than you lose along the way.
Yeah I know, I watched all that.

Nathan Cleary has the equal 3rd most tries of any halfback over the last 5 years. But he’s played less games in that period than the other halves.

@mxlegend99 touched on a point last night that Nathan is very selfless. I actually think this is one area of his game where he needs to be more selfish and run at the line more often. He’s really good at it.

(The tweet doesn’t show Nathan’s try last night)

franklin2323

Immortal
Naden had 283 run metres and post contact metres and 96 post contact.

That's better than every game of Mansour's except the knights in round 3. You're getting similar or better output while improving the other areas.

Campbell Graham is in my Supercoach team so I watch his stats. He had 15 tackles by halftime that is massive for a centre. Our left side dominated as such the stats say that.

No way Mansour should be dropped before Whare

franklin2323

Immortal
For those playing for Naden over Mansour. Whare’s stats:

7 games
0 tries
0 try assists
0 try contributions
0 try involvements
9 runs a game
76 metres a game
0 line breaks
2 line break assists
2 tackle busts

How should he play instead of Mansour that has decent numbers?

mxlegend99

Referee

7 games
0 tries
0 try assists
0 try contributions
0 try involvements
9 runs a game
76 metres a game
0 line breaks
2 line break assists
2 tackle busts

Neither should play.

The issue is where is Naden better suited? IMO hes a potentially great winger and a usually serviceable centre.

Mansour is definitely less shit than Whare though. No question about it.

7 games
0 tries
0 try assists
0 try contributions
0 try involvements
9 runs a game
76 metres a game
0 line breaks
2 line break assists
2 tackle busts

I think most agree that Whare isn’t very effective anymore, it’s just that I think Naden is more suited to the wing than centre.

Personally I’d replace them both over the next 10 weeks. Mansour I’d consider for a bench spot, though.

betcats

Referee
Mansour and Whare have had a great run here, they’ve both been mainstays since what 2012/2013? Their time is just about up now, neither of them is good enough to hold out Naden imo.