1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 7 vs Souths

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by Jane Murray, Jun 20, 2020.

1. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

I remember the Tigers started well in 2018. I probably even watched most of their games. I dont recall how they were playing though, jagging wins through superior fitness like we did under Hook, or playing good controlled football. I am happy just to be winning, but it's how we are doing it that impresses me. That is something we have missed since 2004.

2. The_Frog

The_Frog Juniors

He beat the Storm twice, the Roosters once and robbed a second time, and also robbed against the Broncos. All in the first 13 rounds. He seems to know how to defend.

3. CCJohnC

CCJohnC Juniors

I think the steadiness of both Leota and Tetevana off the bench has also helped.

tripster and The Teach like this.
  4. John Hamblin

John Hamblin Juniors

Best completion rate in the NRL. That helps with less fatigue. I said earlier that I preferred Hetherington over Leota. I am again VERY happy to be proven wrong

5. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

48 hours nearly since we beat the Bunnies and I’m still quietly basking in the glory.

The boys spared from the agony of having to face the various friends I have who are Bunnies diehards.

It was probably a bit clunky again and we probably should have won by more but we got the job done and that is probably all that counts on the back of a tough couple of weeks.

Well done to Brent Naden in particular so pleased for him to have a really fine game.

GongPanther and John Hamblin like this.
  6. Jane Murray

Jane Murray Juniors

Yeah you're correct. If Nathan did not have cellulitis, then he would have kicked the goals, and 6 more points would have been added to the score.

On other news, the Cowboys just defeated the Knights, now we need the Raiders to defeat the Eels, and we remain in first spot.

7. Panfa

Panfa Juniors

Since the covid break we havent conceded a 1st half pt. kept newcastle scoreless warriors scoreless parra scoreless storm scoreless and bunnies scoreless.Our worst period in games is our 1st 20 mins of the 2nd halves.

8. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Referee

Huge reversal from our 14 nil headstarts we loved under Hook. But we definitely need to fix any periods of games where we fall asleep.

9. tripster

tripster Juniors

That first 20 mins of the second half is also when the referees have been giving away large numbers of six again calls to the opposition.

Panfa likes this.
  10. Westernised Panther

Westernised Panther Juniors

Sorry to be picky, but unfortunately we did concede a try in the last couple of minutes of the first half against the Knights. Should never have been scored.

Panfa likes this.
  11. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

Do you guys want Tamou signed back up?
    I have to say RCG is playing amazing. 50 odd tackles tonight and 230 mtrs. Sometimes players just need a change.
    Blake on the other hand is talented but lazy. And has his defense always been bad? I thought he was a good defender. Can't stand guys who are physically gifted who waste career due to lack of desire.

12. forby

forby Juniors

Tamou provides a lot of guidance to the team. It really shows when he goes off for his rest. I would re sign him in a heartbeat.

tripster and Pomoz like this.
  13. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Still fall asleep which needs to be fixed

14. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Wait until RCG doesn’t get what he wants and sulking.
    RCG isn’t worth that money and isn’t a starter. So nope all good with what we have

Aliceinwonderland likes this.
  15. betcats

betcats Coach

Waqa should be the best centre in the game with his physical gifts but he totally lacks the mental side of it. He’s lazy and he just doesn’t have a great feel for the game.

His defence was very good in 2018, it was bad last year for us.

Rcg is going well, he’s a better player than many here want to admit. I’m not particularly worried though, it had been long time since he played his best for us.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    WestyLife and Thirsty Panther like this.
  16. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

On form he is a top 5 prop in comp. How long this lasts I am unsure. But currently he is brilliant.
    Plus you guys are chipping in for a very large chunk I was told by someone high up at your club.

17. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

MJ is better then Blake. He doesnt look for the ball and doesnt do any hard work. Lazy.
    He has had one good game all year against you guys.

And yes sometimes players need a change. Different coaches styles can bring best out of players.

Anyhow how good is it. Parra and Penrith are 1st and 2nd

18. Jane Murray

Jane Murray Juniors

Not for long, I believe. I am pleased that RCG is gone.

19. hindy111

hindy111 Immortal

This could be true. We do not know yet as sample size isnt that long. But on form and capability he is some sort of superman.

I hated the signing. Thought he was soft tbh. Used to back into defense. But he has proved me wrong.

20. martielang

martielang Juniors

RCGs been great. The moves worked out for him & it’s worked out for us. All the best to him.

Pomoz and Jane Murray like this.