What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Souths

With Naden still on the extended bench
Maybe he is going to be a late inclusion.
Crichton was holding his shoulder last week near the end of the game.

you don’t think he’s the best 14 we have?

He has experience playing
6&7

Who is a better 14?

Burton.

why? The most likely position needed to be rested is Hooker. And Luai is a better option at Hooker than May. Burton is a better option at 5/8 than May.

If Burton moves to the starting lineup then May will be the obvious choice for 14.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Burton.

why? The most likely position needed to be rested is Hooker. And Luai is a better option at Hooker than May. Burton is a better option at 5/8 than May.

If Burton moves to the starting lineup then May will be the obvious choice for 14.

Luai is most certainly not a better option at hooker than May. If that was the case, Luai would have been playing hooker ahead of him in the lower grades.

Burton is a wonderful player, probably close to my favourite Panther, if not top 3 or 4.

but at the moment, he covers the 1 position on the field. They may change in time and it sounds like they are trying to work on that.

but for the time being, our team is stronger with the more versatile T.May at 14.

*I’m cool with Burton being on the bench.

Hooked

Juniors
I said it earlier in the week I will say it again. There needs to be a couple of scenarios for Burton off the bench.
If Api needs a rest Burton comes on and Luai shifts to hooker.
If the spine is firing and Ivan doesn't want to spell anybody then Burton should play a Brandon Smith role at lock.
Not using him like last week or giving him a useless 10 minutes isn't doing his game any good.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
i was working with a young female paramedic student who once she found out i support Panthers asked me if i knew Tyrone May ? to which i replied yeah his a fringe first grader no star by any means .Went on to inform me that when Penrith were in Port Macquarie he basically just walked up to her and a friend and stated "hi i play for panthers do you both wanna come back to my room? " So that is enough to tell me the type of person he is .

I believe that's many a opening line for many blokes under 80. :eek:

and if you think that's any different from many up and comming first grade sportsfolks. I have a bridge to sell you.

He and many other young men are not signing up for the priesthood (yeah I know bout their issues, but you get my drift)

Expecting footy players to hold the morality of a community is laughable.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just to give balance I was horrified whith what May and his friends did.

I expressed that view at the time. I agreed that he should be brought to account.

Time has moved on he's done his time.

I have moved on.

Luai is most certainly not a better option at hooker than May. If that was the case, Luai would have been playing hooker ahead of him in the lower grades.

Burton is a wonderful player, probably close to my favourite Panther, if not top 3 or 4.

but at the moment, he covers the 1 position on the field. They may change in time and it sounds like they are trying to work on that.

but for the time being, our team is stronger with the more versatile T.May at 14.

*I’m cool with Burton being on the bench.

May has bulked up, I don’t think he’s nimble enough anymore for 9. If Burton was the starting 5/8 then Luai would be my 14.

I said it earlier in the week I will say it again. There needs to be a couple of scenarios for Burton off the bench.
If Api needs a rest Burton comes on and Luai shifts to hooker.
If the spine is firing and Ivan doesn't want to spell anybody then Burton should play a Brandon Smith role at lock.
Not using him like last week or giving him a useless 10 minutes isn't doing his game any good.

Problem is there’s no reserves on at the moment, so if he’s not on the bench he won’t be playing at all.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
May has bulked up, I don’t think he’s nimble enough anymore for 9. If Burton was the starting 5/8 then Luai would be my 14.

We’ll have to disagree on that.

It’s not the worst problem in the world to have though.

At least we aren’t faced with Bryce Cartwright at 6 or Lukey Lewis at 7 anymore!! Hahaha those were the days.

definitely happy to viable options in most positions.

Hooked

Juniors
Problem is there’s no reserves on at the moment, so if he’s not on the bench he won’t be playing at all.

That is what concerns me.
I think due to his versatility May will be on the bench sooner rather than later for Burton.
Ivan's comments last year before he was stood down and since his return seem to indicate he will be a key part of the team.
Having no reserve grade sucks.

Jane Murray

Bench
Yep, no begrudging you that.

But do we have to hear it every time his name is mentioned?
Free world. I know someone who was a victim of a similar crime. I bet you my last dollar, if a loved one of yours, male, or female, was a victim you will be outraged. May got off lightly.

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
It seems only a matter of time before Nathan's mate is back on the bench for Burton.
Can we have Burton at Manly if you are not using him?
You know his manager will be stirring up shit before November if doesn't get game time.

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
Free world. I know someone who was a victim of a similar crime. I bet you my last dollar, if a loved one of yours, male, or female, was a victim you will be outraged. May got off lightly.

Very lucky the other charges were dropped when he did a plea deal. Not that I am insinuating any guilt on the charges that were dropped.

That is what concerns me.
I think due to his versatility May will be on the bench sooner rather than later for Burton.
Ivan's comments last year before he was stood down and since his return seem to indicate he will be a key part of the team.
Having no reserve grade sucks.

Sounds like they’re planning to play Burton somewhere other than in the halves, so I’m fine with May on the bench if Burton is at centre.

Hooked

Juniors
Sounds like they’re planning to play Burton somewhere other than in the halves, so I’m fine with May on the bench if Burton is at centre.

Maybe, I have been hearing about Whare's demise for the past 2 seasons. Yet he is still there.
Burton is learning to play hooker, centre and fullback recently. Is he learning those positions as cover for his role as a utility off the bench or is he learning them for a future fulltime position?
Time will tell.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Very lucky the other charges were dropped when he did a plea deal. Not that I am insinuating any guilt on the charges that were dropped.

I believe he was given a harsher sentence because he was a rugby league player.

It probably wouldn't have even made the media or the papers without him being a footy player either.