What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Not exactly a strong position he is adopting to standing alone … Direct quote from Cumins “ we are desperate to have a team in Perth and we would make the Perth Bears a success …”

Writing looks like it is on the wall ..
I cannot see the Perth Bears being any more successful than the current day St George Illawarra Dragons and Wests Tigers. There will be too much friction between the Bears and the Cumins' consortium. It'll probably be less successful than the Dragons and Tigers due to the travel, tyranny of distance and opposing cultures of the two parties.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
I just saw someone posted the article on the norths fan page 'the den'
A whopping 15 people made comment, huge reaction, but the interesting bit is 4 of the comments were against going to Perth.
Even they arnt united about it.
When in the history of man kind has any group of people been completely united about any topic. Smh.

Wb1234

Referee
Dickson's comment about the Perth Bears being a "two city team" has made the proposal a much harder sell. A parochial state like Western Australia will not accept a "two city team". Western Australians believe the east coast treats them like second class citizens. V'landys and Dickson are reinforcing their view.

Everything I've said over the last year about Perth being too small and too fixated with fumbleball to support an NRL team of its own has been validated by the ARLC's reluctance to accept a stand-alone bid. I was called insane for not blindly endorsing Perth as the 18th licence. Looks like I was right and the scoffers were wrong.
Calling Perth a city was being very generous

Iamback

Coach
Not exactly a strong position he is adopting to standing alone … Direct quote from Cumins “ we are desperate to have a team in Perth and we would make the Perth Bears a success …”

As I said earlier IF the NRL is having reservations - As mentioned in the article ( no quotes to be fair )

Then the question becomes from that side of it. Is better to go alone and not have a side or a be a very senior partner in one

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
If Billy Moore has his way and a "Perth Bears" outfit plays 9 games a season in Sydney, then what's the point of the players even being based in Perth?
9 Perth games and 15 away games? 🤦
May as well stay in Sydney as there will be much shorter and more frequent flights to Qld, NZ, Victoria, and Canberra. Along with rural NSW, and a bus to Newcastle and Wollongong.

Perth Red

Post Whore

He’s being Pragmatic. They want a club above all else but given a choice they would rather it be without the bears. Pretty much what he has been saying for ten years.
what is now interesting is the ball is back in nrls court, do they force the bears on Perth or not? If they dont then it’s clear the Perth consortium won’t be going there unless there is something major the bears can offer financially.

mave

Coach
When in the history of man kind has any group of people been completely united about any topic. Smh.

1. Trent Barrett's coaching career
2. Loling at Latrells Gunt
3. Baldies continually failing miserably at life

That's just 3 off the top of my head.

Iamback

Coach
He’s being Pragmatic. They want a club above all else but given a choice they would rather it be without the bears. Pretty much what he has been saying for ten years.
what is now interesting is the ball is back in nrls court, do they force the bears on Perth or not? If they dont then it’s clear the Perth consortium won’t be going there unless there is something major the bears can offer financially.

Depends if they can come up with a better alternative in Player development etc.

Latest posts