What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROUND 7

dino2170

Juniors
I cant believe that NRL has us as $2.35 and the cowboys as $1.60. Who is 1st and who is 5th?

IN FACT all the teams playing that are higher positioned than their opponents have lower odds, except for us.

Its like that the NRL doesn't believe we are competitive,

Gm5

Juniors
we're riding one hell of a streak and honestly I'd have the Cowboys at favourites aswel HOWEVER, their injuries have f**ked them and personally I think we've got this

OzDragon

Coach
Not to be a stickler, but the NRL doesn't set those odds, Sportsbet does. There would be a massive conflict of interest if the NRL did the betting lol

And it's not such a bad thing. Means we can fly under the radar a little.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Not getting too excited, just an observation.

Round 7 approaches and we LEAD the competition, I'll say that again, were 1ST, were the Leaders, everyone is BELOW us..................
No one is above us, that is no one, zip. zilch, nada, didley squat, know what l mean?

Anyway, as l said, just an observation.

ALSGI

Bench
Not getting too excited, just an observation.

Round 7 approaches and we LEAD the competition, I'll say that again, were 1ST, were the Leaders, everyone is BELOW us..................
No one is above us, that is no one, zip. zilch, nada, didley squat, know what l mean?

Anyway, as l said, just an observation.
Thanks OKB1,
I made a similar observation, glad it wasn't just me.
I'm liking us for the next couple of weeks too, and only injuries will stop the Dragons on Anzac Day.
Just watched the Manly game again, we really did outplay them everywhere.

Dragsters

First Grade
Thanks OKB1,
I made a similar observation, glad it wasn't just me.
I'm liking us for the next couple of weeks too, and only injuries will stop the Dragons on Anzac Day.
Just watched the Manly game again, we really did outplay them everywhere.

For mine it was just. Like the Panthers game.

We just wore them out to the point that they were error riddled and had nothing left when opportunities arose.

RedV_J

Juniors
I think this will be the case until we defeat more teams who are considered as "competition heavyweights".

possm

Coach
I think this will be the case until we defeat more teams who are considered as "competition heavyweights".
Before playing the Panthers we were seen as a bottom dweller ending in the bottom two of the ladder and the Panthers were equal favourites to win the competition.
We thrashed the Panthers.

We lost to the Eels.
We beat the premiers - Sharks.
We beat the Warriors.
We beat the Tigers.
We beat Manly.

Not seen as an easy run prior to the start of the season, It is only after we beat 5 form 6 and end up on top of the ladder, that many of these wins are seen as easy wins.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Before playing the Panthers we were seen as a bottom dweller ending in the bottom two of the ladder and the Panthers were equal favourites to win the competition.
We thrashed the Panthers.

We lost to the Eels.
We beat the premiers - Sharks.
We beat the Warriors.
We beat the Tigers.
We beat Manly.

Not seen as an easy run prior to the start of the season, It is only after we beat 5 form 6 and end up on top of the ladder, that many of these wins are seen as easy wins.

But all the teams we played were out of form and thought they had the week off as they were playing the dragons.

It had nothing to do with us playing well!

Considering we are on 10 points, we have 2 byes remaining, I believe we need to win 8 out of our next 18 to be certain finalists. If we win say 10 of those 18 we would be pushing top 4

ALSGI

Bench
MilanDragon
If you think our 5 wins had nothing to do with us playing well I think you're way off the mark. Take another look at the games.
Can't agree that the other teams took the week off or been out of form. Dragons have rattled them, forced errors and fatigued most packs.
I've watched all the games a couple of times and second time around it's been far more noticeable how well we have played but also easier to be critical of our errors.
Still plenty of areas to improve, but imo they've played out of their skins and should be applauded.

hazzbeen

Bench
MilanDragon
If you think our 5 wins had nothing to do with us playing well I think you're way off the mark. Take another look at tha games.
Can't agree that agree the other teams took the week off or been out of form. Dragons have rattled them, forced errors and fatigued most packs.
I've watched all the games a couple of times and second time around it's been far more noticeable how well we have played but also easier to be critical of our errors.
Still plenty of areas to improve, but imo they've played out of their skins and should be applauded.
ALSGI I dont think MilanDragon meant what you think , He was just being sarcastic .I may be wrong o_O