What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROUND 7

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
$1.50 with another mob. Not bad really, considering Coote is back for the Cows this week. Will shorten if Frizz and Duges are named.

Hope Duges is rested .............. it won't hurt him to have another week out but it may hurt him if he doesn't.

Crush

Coach
Cowboys have heaps of injuries for this game!
It really couldn't get any better for Dragons...

RedV_J

Juniors
Before playing the Panthers we were seen as a bottom dweller ending in the bottom two of the ladder and the Panthers were equal favourites to win the competition.
We thrashed the Panthers.

We lost to the Eels.
We beat the premiers - Sharks.
We beat the Warriors.
We beat the Tigers.
We beat Manly.

Not seen as an easy run prior to the start of the season, It is only after we beat 5 form 6 and end up on top of the ladder, that many of these wins are seen as easy wins.

It is in easy run in my opinion.

The Panthers and Sharks are the only 2 teams out of the 6 we have played that I would consider as good teams - I'd expect them to push for a top 4 positions. As for the others, they will probably be battling to make the 8 at the back end of the year.

The next 4 games will definitely more challenging. Cowboys, Roosters, Storm and Sharks again - I'll be stoked if we can get 3/4 wins and I wouldn't be surprised to see all 4 of these teams in the top 8.

Surely they are of a higher quality than the Eels, Warriors, Tigers and Manly.

Gareth67

First Grade
And that is when they will be so dangerous , they are a tremendous team . And that being the case , they will give this game their all , make no mistake , these blokes are going down south to win .

We cannot afford to think otherwise and I am sure that Mary will drum this into our players head . If the Dragons do not take them lightly , we should account for them at WIN .

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
And that is when they will be so dangerous , they are a tremendous team . And that being the case , they will give this game their all , make no mistake , these blokes are going down south to win .

We cannot afford to think otherwise and I am sure that Mary will drum this into our players head . If the Dragons do not take them lightly , we should account for them at WIN .
Gareth I remember a game similar against them they had a number of players out and we got beaten on our own turf .... I cant remember exactly , but it rings a bell .......Alarm bells......:rolleyes:

BennyV

Referee
Don't be so sure. Taumalolo has been playing big minutes... In fact he played 80 last round, Vaughan has been averaging 50.
We need three in the tackle every time he hits the ball up, it's not about a single player shutting down another player.
The question was 'who is going to stop Taumololo'. Average minutes don't count, Paul Vaughan only needs 1 minutes to stop him.

Old Timer

Coach
This next game goes to the very heart of the question of what can we do to win a game if our forwards are matched our even possibly outplayed.
Not saying they will, but on paper the Cowboys pack is very formidable and will need our full attention for the entire game and no doubt they will suck some of our energy reserves more than any other team thus far.
At least our backs this year are showing far more enterprise and the halves much more committed to playing square, so that gives me much more confidence that they can win a game on their own account.
Our outside backs defence will need to be on full alert as Hess and Taumalolo will be given every chance to exploit any weakness whatsoever.
I really wish the Cowboys were at full strength because that would be a far better measure of how far we have really come this year but again we can only dress what we have in front of us and the game should be a real cracker.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
I looked at an interesting stat over the weekend. Dragons right side is our definite weakness, however, so is the Cowboys having leaked the same amount of tries.
So Lafai could have a field day and Aitken will have to be on alert.
McDonald and Aitken will need to hug the side line a bit more cause they will be marking up on Gideon Gela-Mosby and McDonald may be quick over 100, but he would have next to no chance of covering him over a short distance while turning.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Agree, same with Frizz.
But who's going to stop Taumalolo?

It should be JDB's mission to be first contact on Taumalolo every chance he gets. He and McInnes are our most effective middle defenders. and whenever Taumalolo is on the field, JDB should be in his way.

And I don't think enough teams do this, but target him in defence, he is a big dude and a lock but only makes about 25-ish tackles a game. Make him make 40+ tackles and see how effective his runs are.