What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROUND 7

SGMax

Juniors
I hope Smith isn't calling the game as he will be mentioning the NQ injury list throughout the game and then for the rest of the season when discussing the Dragons' performances.
A bit like last year where it was mentioned in every discussion that the Dragons included a victory against NQ without their origin stars....and not just by Smith. You would think NQ only played that one game during the whole SoO period.

Also, I hope the coach does a better job ensuring they are not complacent after losing the the Warrior's second team last year. It was the point where I lost faith in McGregor as a quality coach.

Just wondering about McCrone, anyone else with a hand in 4 tries would have been considered for MOM.
Not a big McCrone fan but have to admit he is fitting into the team well.....SoO???
Shows how much Benji overplayed his hand last year. Meant well just tried too hard to prove he was a match winner.

Crush

Coach
This next game goes to the very heart of the question of what can we do to win a game if our forwards are matched our even possibly outplayed.
Not saying they will, but on paper the Cowboys pack is very formidable and will need our full attention for the entire game and no doubt they will suck some of our energy reserves more than any other team thus far.
At least our backs this year are showing far more enterprise and the halves much more committed to playing square, so that gives me much more confidence that they can win a game on their own account.
Our outside backs defence will need to be on full alert as Hess and Taumalolo will be given every chance to exploit any weakness whatsoever.
I really wish the Cowboys were at full strength because that would be a far better measure of how far we have really come this year but again we can only dress what we have in front of us and the game should be a real cracker.
I agree with everything here except that I am very happy that cows aren't at full strength.
We can see how far we have come in the upcoming weeks against rooters, storm and sharks.
I'll take any advantage we can get because we all know at some stage this year it will be our turn to be understrength and we will need those competition points in the bank.

mickeylane

Bench
I cant believe that NRL has us as $2.35 and the cowboys as $1.60. Who is 1st and who is 5th?

IN FACT all the teams playing that are higher positioned than their opponents have lower odds, except for us.

Its like that the NRL doesn't believe we are competitive,
Why we were at $2.65 w Manly and they were $1.55
Penrith were at $1.45 and we were $2.60
Cronulla were at 1.45 and we were at 2.70

mickeylane

Bench
But all the teams we played were out of form and thought they had the week off as they were playing the dragons.

It had nothing to do with us playing well!

Considering we are on 10 points, we have 2 byes remaining, I believe we need to win 8 out of our next 18 to be certain finalists. If we win say 10 of those 18 we would be pushing top 4
I worked it out on the NRL predictor we will finish on 34 points putting us at 5th position.. I still predict a CANBERRA v Sharks GF

Alec's-saints

Juniors
we won't lose back to back games in the gong. i watched the replay of cows tigers. they were flat even with jt. Saints 19+

Crush

Coach
As long as they don't think they will win by just turning up.
Yeah I am still remembering warriors last year too but I think this year they are a different team mentally.
I usually start the week confident then as the week goes on I convince myself that dragons will lose. Its some kind of defense mechanism I have.
So today Monday I reckon we will win by 13+ but ask me on Friday and I will say we have no chance....

Old Timer

Coach
S G Max
Can't agree with the following
" Meant well just tried too hard to prove he was a match winner"
Benji was all about Benji always was all about Benji always will be all about Benji.
He manipulate his way to being the face and voice of the Dragons and was a media junky too boot.
He did it at the Tigers and has already started at the Bronco's.
IMO a very selfish person and doesn't care who gets caught up in his agenda as long as he benefits.
Should have retired long ago when he was a greta player and a different person not a has-been (apologies Hazza) talking it up.

hazzbeen

Bench
S G Max
Can't agree with the following
" Meant well just tried too hard to prove he was a match winner"
Benji was all about Benji always was all about Benji always will be all about Benji.
He manipulate his way to being the face and voice of the Dragons and was a media junky too boot.
He did it at the Tigers and has already started at the Bronco's.
IMO a very selfish person and doesn't care who gets caught up in his agenda as long as he benefits.
Should have retired long ago when he was a greta player and a different person not a has-been (apologies Hazza) talking it up.
All good mate ...........:cool:

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Not getting too excited, just an observation.

Round 7 approaches and we LEAD the competition, I'll say that again, were 1ST, were the Leaders, everyone is BELOW us..................
No one is above us, that is no one, zip. zilch, nada, didley squat, know what l mean?

Anyway, as l said, just an observation.
I'm feeling the same bliss haha

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Just play the game with same intensity and skill as they did against Manly and not too many teams will beat them, just wish they could bottle the confidence they must have at the moment.

blacksafake

First Grade
Gareth I remember a game similar against them they had a number of players out and we got beaten on our own turf .... I cant remember exactly , but it rings a bell .......Alarm bells......:rolleyes:
Yea it was a bad night that one Hazzbeen, from memory their halves were Louis & Thompson & they carved us up.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth I remember a game similar against them they had a number of players out and we got beaten on our own turf .... I cant remember exactly , but it rings a bell .......Alarm bells......:rolleyes:

Yes , the very good teams do , regardless if it is a home or an away match , they will put 100% effort into the game . Same as Melbourne and the Brisbane sides , it's been deeply entrenched into their thinking .

They seem to be able to totally ignore their opponents supporters , to such an extent that the home ground advantage that they ( their opponents ) have is negated - totally , allowing them to play their best football .

Last edited: