What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 (2009) Warriors v Titans

rayroxon

Juniors
This clash has been circled with a big phat red marker since the draw was released because of the potential lack of sunglasses and also because of the debut of the old non existant switcheroo.

We were sure you guys wouldn't mind about the double up and would just view it as an early wedding present for yours truly :D

Great hustle by both teams by the looks of it and welcome back for 2009 bgdc and our very own MrC.

Last edited:

bgdc

Juniors
Great to be back (as if I ever left) - nearly gave myself a heart attack at the end there.

Thanks rrrrrrrray but now that you're taking that huge step I suppose some of us will be left wondering - lmao. Congratulations to you both and don't forget to do everything she says.

Jesbass

First Grade
Looking over the Warriors pieces, they could be themed: "four lamentations and a celebration", or "four funerals and a wedding"! :D

rayroxon

Juniors
Great to be back (as if I ever left) - nearly gave myself a heart attack at the end there.

Thanks rrrrrrrray but now that you're taking that huge step I suppose some of us will be left wondering - lmao. Congratulations to you both and don't forget to do everything she says.

If I did everything she said, I'd have only submitted half an article instead of doubling the fun. I think I'll listen to 99% of what she says and I should be sweet.

Titanic

First Grade
If I did everything she said, I'd have only submitted half an article instead of doubling the fun. I think I'll listen to 99% of what she says and I should be sweet.

That would have made it 5v5 (posting 1/2 an article twice)

Pistol

Coach
well folks

I wasnt online unfortunately to signal fulltime as someone accidently ripped my phone cord out of the wall, from the outside and has such rendered my internet useless. its in the process of being fixed.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
just thought i'd bring an air of cool to the match.

even the big names are in the crowd for this one

Pistol

Coach
Titans

TitanUranus with Remember the Titans? = 83

I found this one to be a tad disjointed. Great effort though.

Tits&tans with The Long and the Short of it = 85

A fashionable article that begged the cheeky question.

Amadean with A Queenslander in Canberra = 86

One would get the feeling that you are engaging in hyperbole, but then others would feel the article is spot on.

Titanic with Shining light = 88

Inspirational stuff. Only thing I could offer as a sidebar to the article is that when you listed the players of success and “nuffie” status, to give their full names as some readers may not know the player in question. It’s a pity the writer didn’t name the piece “Shining Whit”, that way I could have gone to town like Mr Spooner.

Bgdc with Morons or morass = 89

Very well written. The article had an aroma of being hard edged but informative at the same time.

Warriors

Mr Charisma with Belly Fire = 82

Started well but the article seemed to lose direction after that.

Jesbass with Pros and Cons = 86

Solid work. A couple of faux paux’s along the way but a solid effort

MKEB with Me Then And Now = 88

Interesting, going from an innocent wee boy to Les Patterson.

Suttsburger with Eyes Wide Open = 85

Solid work indeed. One’s plight and one’s passion for the game. The two are hand in hand.

Rayroxon with Executive Decisions = 86

Once again, a solid article and congrats on the nuptials.

Titans defeat the Warriors 431 - 427

POTM bgdc

Titanic

First Grade
Warriors... good game, now that monkey's off your back, see you in a week or two (again).

With the bye next week, Titans, you've done all you can do and the season is now in the hands of the rugby league gods... take a bow, take a break and take some form into the Finals.

Thanks for the comments Pistol and the word count being what it is, it was a case of "the devil I did or the devil I didn't". And regarding Mr Spooner's ism, better we leave that for Gus and his band of cunny funts.

For those who don't know of those PNG players: Tara Gau (Port Moresby DCA/Balmain), Aquila Emil (Port Moresby Brothers/Cowboys), Bal Numapo (Kundiawa Warriors/Bulldogs), Stanley Gene (Goroka Lahanis/Hull), Marcus Bai (Port Moresby Vipers/Storm), Paul Aiton (Caboolture Snakes/Penrith Panthers), Neville Costigan (Mackay Wests Tigers/St. George Illawarra), David Westley (Cairns Kangaroos/Canberra Raiders), Adrian Lam (Brisbane Wests Panthers/Sydney Easts).

Last edited:

tits&tans

Juniors
Excellent game everyone!

Unlucky Warriors - we'll be meeting again for sure.

Well played guys - finishing the season in style!

Thanks for the marking Pistol.

LeagueNut

First Grade
blah-grumpy.gif

Backpacker Points

3 points - bgdc (Titans) :clap:
2 points - Titanic (Titans) & MKEB... (Warriors) :thumn
1 point - Amadean (Titans), Jesbass (Warriors) & rayroxon (Warriors) :mrgreen:

bgdc

Juniors
Gee whizz fellas, thanks Pistol for the honour and I must admit it was great to have a run again. I can now sink back into my usual position on the bench ready, willing and - well - willing.

Too bad this time around Warriors but we'll being seeing you again shortly.

Jesbass

First Grade
Captain's Knock:

To the Titans, well done on the win! I knew you had it in you! ;-)

To the referee, thanks for the feedback-filled marking, heart scare notwithstanding! :D

To the Warriors, our first loss of 2009. It has been a charmed season so far. Remember how this feels, and let it feed your next article! :thumn