What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8: Dragons v Roosters

Cagey Mac

Bench
It was neck and neck with the Broncos when they played a couple of weeks ago
As it was with us (albeit we had a short turnaround)
But it was Broncs home ground for them
Now it's theirs
But they are now missing JWH
I reckon whoever gets the rub of the green
Expect them to test our defence; Trent Robinson was commenting on it this morning as being different to most other clubs so one can assume that he's going to school on us.
A lot will depend on Benji and his short kicking game.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I keep hearing the attack is bad yet they managed to score 31 points last time they played on a dry track.

If Saints win they will say it was a depleted Roosters outfit missing JWH, Ferguson and Guarera?

BennyV

Referee
I keep hearing the attack is bad yet they managed to score 31 points last time they played on a dry track.

If Saints win they will say it was a depleted Roosters outfit missing JWH, Ferguson and Guarera?

Because outside of that 1 game, our attavk isnt all that smooth. They are starting to click in places, but a lot of times they are still clunky and timing is off. Also, our backline plays, particularly centre, need a lot of work. Im not 100% convinced out attacking structure is strong enough to outsmart the better defensive teams, but I'll concede that certain players (Dugan, Friz, Thommo) are starting to use their strengths and it is working for us and its got me thinking it will improve. Although I think it needs a fresh set of eyes to really reach its potential.

Thats not at all saying we are playing poorly. But just because we are winning, including one significant win, doesnt mean we are all of a sudden the perfect team. Its a long season and we have a long way to come to prove we deserve to be among the title contenders, particularly in attack. But at least the defense is good and the signs are there that the attack can be, which is 80% of the battle.

bottle

Coach

Of course they will. And I hope they keep making excuses for us winning all season. Don't care personally. I just care about amassing a heap of 2 points until the end of the season.
Under the radar baby. Under the radar.

kit66

Bench
Our young and inexperienced backline will be sorely tested this week, it's a real challenge for them against arguably the strongest line up in the comp 1 to 5. Shame Nightie won't be out there. It's in the forwards I believe we'll have the edge in this game. If we hold their forwards in check with committed defence and a smart kicking game we can possibly stifle their attack somewhat.
Would love to see us come out with guns blazing and put on some early points then settle into a defensive arm wrestle. As long as we get the 2 points though I'll be happy no matter how we achieve it.

Go the Dragons !

Puff no no no haven't you heard the attack is shit stop being so positive.

These guys are turning up for each other i see no egos in the team at all just a bunch of hard working players who are having a go and showing alot of heart and pride which was lacking.

I think everyone is on board as fans with the whinging wankers going oh so quiet except one who really has no idea.

Oh jenninga stop head butting that wall or if you think its some ones head proceed lol.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Puff no no no haven't you heard the attack is shit stop being so positive.

These guys are turning up for each other i see no egos in the team at all just a bunch of hard working players who are having a go and showing alot of heart and pride which was lacking.

I think everyone is on board as fans with the whinging wankers going oh so quiet except one who really has no idea.

Oh jenninga stop head butting that wall or if you think its some ones head proceed lol.
Spot on.. half the forum is waiting for 1-2 losses so they can carry on with bagging Mary mercilessly.

Slackboy72

Coach
dino,
One day, maybe this Saturday, we are going to lose and you'll be able to scream "i wuz right" at us all.
But unlike you we don't follow the Dragons or football because we need affirmation of our intellect or to be proved correct on anything. We follow because we like football. We get excited because it's our team that we've nailed our colours to.
Maybe when you grow up you'll realise that we don't have to be the best at everything because we can't be the best at everything.
We don't have to win every game because you can't win every game.

You'll just be happy that we competed and we competed well.

Until you realise this, many of us will just feel sorry for you.

dino2170

Juniors
it is one thing not to be good at everything and another thing not to say or do anything when the problem is evident to everyone except those with closed minds such as yourself SLACKBOY72

dino2170

Juniors
mary will be crap unless he grows up and finds the proper positions for players AND TEACHES THE TEAM TO ATTACK

The Nick

Bench
dino,
One day, maybe this Saturday, we are going to lose and you'll be able to scream "i wuz right" at us all.
But unlike you we don't follow the Dragons or football because we need affirmation of our intellect or to be proved correct on anything. We follow because we like football. We get excited because it's our team that we've nailed our colours to.
Maybe when you grow up you'll realise that we don't have to be the best at everything because we can't be the best at everything.
We don't have to win every game because you can't win every game.

You'll just be happy that we competed and we competed well.

Until you realise this, many of us will just feel sorry for you.

So much THIS!!!

I have to admit though, Dino's post always make me LOL. Are we sure he's not just taking this piss and actually trying to be funny?