What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8: Dragons v Roosters

denis preston

First Grade
Bullcrap. Totally hysterical bullcrap.

T.

I agree with the Rev and can't see where the hysterical comes in . I think all us so called "positive apologists " see things a bit differently . Sure , management f**ked up and should be accountable but atm this could be a long drawn out process. The most important point here is make the best of the situation you are in and the team is certainly doing this and we should do what we are supposed to do : SUPPORT.

Mr Red

First Grade
I agree with the Rev and can't see where the hysterical comes in . I think all us so called "positive apologists " see things a bit differently . Sure , management f**ked up and should be accountable but atm this could be a long drawn out process. The most important point here is make the best of the situation you are in and the team is certainly doing this and we should do what we are supposed to do : SUPPORT.

Too true.
I'm not a Mary fan, but I'm really enjoying seeing the boys have a dig each week like they have over the last month. Give credit where it's due and IMO at the moment they seem to be overachieving compared to what most thought they would see on the field before the season started.
It's not pretty football by any means but at least they're out there being competitive, which is a massive improvement from the rubbish dished up under Price.

possm

Coach
Too true.
I'm not a Mary fan, but I'm really enjoying seeing the boys have a dig each week like they have over the last month. Give credit where it's due and IMO at the moment they seem to be overachieving compared to what most thought they would see on the field before the season started.
It's not pretty football by any means but at least they're out there being competitive, which is a massive improvement from the rubbish dished up under Price.

The coaching staff are doing a fine job. At long last the boys are up for the task each week and are playing for each other. The defense is amazing and it reminds me so much of the Bennett days.

What is even more exciting is that we all know the this squad of players have a lot more improvement in them and so, if they can maintain this commitment in defence and improve their attack each week, there is no reason why they won't finish in the top 4 this year.

If the Club could improve it's offer to Merrin and convince him to stay, it would be icing on the cake and I'm sure a great boost to the players.

Highland Saint

Juniors
Well said Possm. I really hope they lift for todays game. Media commentators are still talking about us like pretenders waiting to be found out. Im happy to fly under the radar but id love to put the chooks away and let everyone know the Dragons are back and they're serious

getsmarty

Immortal
Nightingale races clock for Anzac game

By Simon Brunsdon

April 24, 2015, 3:29 p.m.

Rugby league

Dragons winger Jason Nightingale is racing the clock to prove his fitness and make a surprise return for Saturday’s Anzac clash against Sydney Roosters.
Nightingale was scheduled to return from a foot injury in round nine against South Sydney on May 11, which would allow him extra time with next week’s bye.
He managed to complete a full training session with the squad on Friday morning and appeared to be running and jumping freely.
St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor said afterwards that Nightingale would be an outside chance of a late call-up to the starting 17 on Saturday.
‘‘Jason Nightingale ran around today as well, he's unlikely but we'll see how he pulls up in the morning,’’ McGregor said.
An early return would also enhance Nightingale’s chances of representing New Zealand when the Kiwis take on Australia in a standalone Test next Friday.
Nightingale would be a certainty to pull on his national jumper and line up on the wing of Stephen Kearney’s team if he can prove his fitness.
He won’t be lining up alongside fellow Kiwi and Dragons teammate Benji Marshall for the Test, however, after Kearney ruled a line through the latter earlier this week.
Kearney revealed Marshall was a fair way down the list of contenders to play in the halves for New Zealand.
Marshall, 30, has represented his country 25 times and captained New Zealand for 20 of those games, but hasn’t pulled on the jersey since 2012.
He has hit a purple patch of form for the Dragons in the past couple of weeks, in particular during the team’s big win over Canterbury a fortnight ago during which he set up two of the five tries and dominated the game.
McGregor admits he was baffled by Kearney’s decision not to consider Marshall for a Test jumper.
‘‘That's sad to be totally honest,’’ McGregor said.
‘‘When a player is playing well, and the club that he's running around for, along with Gareth (Widdop) who is playing well, you like to think they are a chance of playing rep football.
‘‘Bejni's certainly played there and played at high levels in the past; he's captained his country.
‘‘It's a shame that the coach has come out early and said that.’’
McGregor hadn’t spoken to Marshall about Kearney’s comments and wasn’t prepared to speculate on how the star halfback was taking the news that his Test career may be in jeopardy.
Nightingale and utility back Josh Dugan are considered the Dragons’ only other two chances of lining up in next week’s Test, but neither have been confirmed starters.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/3034443/nightingale-races-clock-for-anzac-game/?cs=302

harryzaco

Juniors
Seems Nighty is keen to prove his fitness for next week's test match. Though having him back would definitely boost the team as long as he doesn't get re-injured like Hodges did last week.

Nighty in for injured nabuli apparently he hurt his knee mid week late mail was just posted on saints site an looks like Aitken has been named on the right side also which looks promising

St George Illawarra Dragons Head Coach Paul McGregor has finalise his line-up for the fixture against the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium, Moore Park on Saturday.
Dragons winger Jason Nightingale returns to the line-up after overcoming a foot injury sustained a fortnight ago.
The New Zealand international replaces Eto Nabuli who sustained a minor knee injury midweek.
Dragons trio George Rose, Drew Hutchison and Yaw Kiti Glymin were all omitted from the match.
1. Josh Dugan
22. Jason Nightingale
3. Euan Aitken
4. Dylan Farrell
5. Peter Mata'utia
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Benji Marshall
8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Mitch Rein
10. Mike Cooper
11. Will Matthews
12. Joel Thompson