What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Brisbane @ANZ Stadium Thursday 26th April

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not at all. I couldn't care less about what we are playing him. I like him because he is a good player and he adds class to our backline - something which we have sorely been missing over the last couple of seasons.
He did lift us in the game against the Dogs when the game was on the line so credit where it's due!

He makes silly errors coming out of trouble though plus has missed too many tackles. Been strong with the shit work.

A concern is he still hasn't scored a try. What's he offered in attack apart from put his winger over when there is an overlap?

He's shown glimpses of how he can play but we need more.

Pommy

Coach
I've heard Gagai is on 650 not 800.

He will be very good on the wing and have Hunt at centre!

650 is still way too much for a winger, if we were to play him there. He might be good but it mean we’re missing money to spend on mornimportant areas of the field.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well Pommy I think the idea was for him to be a back up fullback too.

But AJ has come on in leaps and bounds.

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
Last night was disappointing, certainly, but not the end of the world. More than anything it was a lesson in how close most teams in this competition are.
The Dragons and Storm are the standouts at present but then there is a very big pack of probably 12 sides fighting for the other six spots in the eight. Drop your game just a little and you'll get beaten - and any one loss can cost you four or five rungs on the ladder.
The five-day turn-around really showed in the second half and, of course, no Sam had an impact.
Cook had an off night with three bad errors in the second half but that was really a reflection of the whole side.
At the end of the day, this was a game Souths should have won and the Bulldogs match was one Souths should have lost - swings and roundabouts. 4/4 is probably fair at this stage of the season.
This is not a top-four side but should be a top-eight side. With most of the sides so even, though, attitude is going to be the deciding factor in many games for the rest of the year and that's entirely up to the players

Pommy

Coach
As ridiculous as this may sound, i would consider this as a positive. We weren't outclassed as such and deserved the lead we had going into half time. The second half however, everything that could've went wrong did and Souths still only lost by 4.

After a disallowed try and a forward pass lol

Rabbits20

Immortal
Last night was disappointing, certainly, but not the end of the world. More than anything it was a lesson in how close most teams in this competition are.
The Dragons and Storm are the standouts at present but then there is a very big pack of probably 12 sides fighting for the other six spots in the eight. Drop your game just a little and you'll get beaten - and any one loss can cost you four or five rungs on the ladder.
The five-day turn-around really showed in the second half and, of course, no Sam had an impact.
Cook had an off night with three bad errors in the second half but that was really a reflection of the whole side.
At the end of the day, this was a game Souths should have won and the Bulldogs match was one Souths should have lost - swings and roundabouts. 4/4 is probably fair at this stage of the season.
This is not a top-four side but should be a top-eight side. With most of the sides so even, though, attitude is going to be the deciding factor in many games for the rest of the year and that's entirely up to the players
Welcome mate and bravo.

Great post!

Just beware there are a few in here that get carried away when we go win a couple of games. They think we are world beaters but I am not like that mate. It's too much of a big fall to the pits if I'm like that. I prefer to be conservative and realistic mate. I'm very passionate though.

Pommy

Coach
Welcome mate and bravo.

Great post!

Just beware there are a few in here that get carried away when we go win a couple of games. They think we are world beaters but I am not like that mate. It's too much of a big fall to the pits if I'm like that. I prefer to be conservative and realistic mate. I'm very passionate though.

Yeah you’re always so level headed win or lose....

souths_reborn

Juniors
He did lift us in the game against the Dogs when the game was on the line so credit where it's due!

He makes silly errors coming out of trouble though plus has missed too many tackles. Been strong with the shit work.

A concern is he still hasn't scored a try. What's he offered in attack apart from put his winger over when there is an overlap?

He's shown glimpses of how he can play but we need more.
What do you want him doing? I'd rather him doing what he is now as opposed to simply putting the ball over the try line! As I have explained before, I think he, along with Richard Kennar have been really good at return the ball from our goal line. You basically need your wingers to do that these days to help your forwards conserve energy. I also like the fact that he can easily get on the outside of players, make half breaks by getting on the outside of players and drawing defenders in. He is a handful and that is what makes him such an enterprising prospect!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I give my honest view Pommy and I won't hold back!

I'll call it how I see it and I don't care if others don't like it that's not my problem!

Like what Southy said lol!

callmack1

Staff member
Welcome mate!

Great first post and those are all great points.

I honestly think we can beat anyone in this comp this year and you're right, we should have won last night. It's frustrating because we kind of took a step backwards and right now, we should be knocking on the door of the top four.

Latest posts