What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Eels

getsmarty

Immortal
Who let those two soft tries in? Mary?

Answer me that.

14-0, Parra were looking shot. What happened next? Mary opened the game for them with soft defence?...or was it soft defence from the players?

True..what I enjoyed was the change in tactics from Mary...I just couldn't see them...compare that to the Storm who lost by 2 and their coach went ballistic...that's what you call passion...Sadly we have none...and it starts from the board to the Coaches ...then players.........

True_Believer

Juniors
True..what I enjoyed was the change in tactics from Mary...I just couldn't see them...compare that to the Storm who lost by 2 and their coach went ballistic...that's what you call passion...Sadly we have none...and it starts from the board to the Coaches ...then players.........

What tactics needed to change?

j0nesy

Bench
I'm failing to see why you guys always throw the blame to Mary every loss. It's like you dont watch the game and just assume Mary tells the players to make mistakes.

Frizz dropping an easy ball when we had momentum.
Mcinnes giving away dumb penalties and was the one who let in the first soft Parra try.
Lomax was not good, dropped a couple balls and didn't pass to an unmarked Ravalawa and tried to go himself. But only Aitken can be criticised for that I suppose; cost us a try.

No team would want to verse Parra at their fresh new stadium at this point in the year, they obviously play their best footy there.

Based on the precedent set by the coach he’s at least got 3 seasons before he can be dropped for that. Not sure I’d be passing to butter finger Rav either ;-)

Dragonslayer

First Grade
For the first time, in a long time, our defense today was horrid.

According to the stats only 2 players were above 90% tackle effectiveness, and they cam on from the bench.

Also, besides Vaughan and Lawrie our other forwards really struggled all game to make metres. It was pretty obvious to me that the Parra tactic was to get up into the faces of our forwards, who, as we know, generally tuck the ball under their wing. Once we spread the ball and avoided the rush in defense we created, but alas it was just flash in the pan happenings.

Their has to be changes next week, we can't afford, now that we are out of the 8, to play favourites.
I looking to replace, Rava (one play in 80 mins doesn't save him imo) and Latimore (who had 5 hit ups all game). We need hungry players not cushion players or experiment players.

ST Tangles 01

Juniors
We just made to many dumb mistakes.
We don't have that smart player that the top sides do.
We have players that can do something brilliant one minute then dumb the next.
We are missing players and lost some throughout injury but at 14 nil up you need to play smarter.

My biggest gripe is when Latimore comes on he offers nothing.

Were also trying to manufacture wingers in the top grade.

SET2JT

Juniors
Do you see our players as less than the Rooster or Storm players I don’t
I see them as superior in skill the difference is the Coach our Team never seem to have a game plan we are not known for any sort of structure Our players don’t play off each other’s strengths and we don’t utilise our strengths and skill set and all that is the fault of the coaching staff not the players if we had a tactical coach like Hasler or Browny we would probably be defending premiers and on top today. Sack McGregor and offer the job to Kevin Walters or even Toovey, Barrett or Anthony Griffin because he had the panthers purring last year like McGregor never could and their roster was not as impressive as our own
Maybe not the Storm... But on papper we are miles from the Roosters team.
Tedesco world's best Fullback.
Morris was worlds best winger. Still goes great.
Toupu. One of the best wingers.
Mitchell worlds best center
Manu gun.
Keary best 5/8 in the game
Cronk. 1 of the best 7s ever.
Thats the backline. All are better then ours

True_Believer

Juniors
Our pack already look like they are burnt out ahead of schedule. What a very disappointing 2nd half and once the Eelsl got a sniff, we seemed to self explode!

You have to remember that 3/4 of the team that were on the field were the kids we were calling for to be on the field. Now we are calling for Field and Kerr to come in as well. We may as well promote the CC team to first grade.

SET2JT

Juniors
13 V Radly. Best young prospect.
12 Christchurch. NSW 2nd rower.
11 Cordner.
10. JWH
9 Friend
8. Takiahko
Reminds me of the Bronco and Raiders teams in the 90s

getsmarty

Immortal
We just made to many dumb mistakes.
We don't have that smart player that the top sides do.
We have players that can do something brilliant one minute then dumb the next.
We are missing players and lost some throughout injury but at 14 nil up you need to play smarter.

My biggest gripe is when Latimore comes on he offers nothing.

Were also trying to manufacture wingers in the top grade.

Under Bennett we made very few of those " Dumb Mistakes " and McGregor has arguably a better side.

hazzbeen

Bench
Maybe not the Storm... But on papper we are miles from the Roosters team.
Tedesco world's best Fullback.
Morris was worlds best winger. Still goes great.
Toupu. One of the best wingers.
Mitchell worlds best center
Manu gun.
Keary best 5/8 in the game
Cronk. 1 of the best 7s ever.
Thats the backline. All are better then ours
You missed something also top line Coach .....

Mark D

Juniors
The usual stuff on here about Mary but let’s face it incomplete sets , poor defensive reads , poor discipline ,horrible game management, terrible kicking comes down to the responsibility of the players... As a man they need to own today’s 2nd half performance... I’m expecting them to really show up next week and hammer the warriors ...

ozbuck

Juniors
I’ll tell you what happened, Ill discipline from players who are not made accountable and keep getting picked every week! That is 100% up to the coach.

I cant remember any of those soft dummy half tries all year. They were ridiculously soft today.

But once again... drill down to just one problem: mary. expected and boring analysis

possm

Coach
10 day preparation with one day on and one day off.
Two halves of football with one half on and one half off.
The players must have been given a good talking to at halftime.
Oh I forgot, two straight losses now that Mary got his extension:; Mary is set for life.

I say sell the St George shares (price $10m) to the bidder who lost out last time around. Then sack the management and coaching staff.

Have 11 SGI Board positions, 4 from WIN, 4 from the new share holder and 3 to be elected by St George members. The Chairperson to be elected by the Board from within the Board membership.

Hire new management staff and new coaching staff.

Last edited: