What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Eels

Mickthedragon

Juniors
We don't have any game management when we have a lead and always seem to look lost, even when we're going okay. You always get the feeling as a dragons fan, that we'll let a team back into it. When will there ever be accountability held towards certain players in the team and the coach?

ozbuck

Juniors
True..what I enjoyed was the change in tactics from Mary...I just couldn't see them...compare that to the Storm who lost by 2 and their coach went ballistic...that's what you call passion...Sadly we have none...and it starts from the board to the Coaches ...then players.........

We looked great at 14-0.

Our attack was looking dangerous. Parra looked like they werent scaring us at all defensively.

Then what happened?

Did Mary send a msg out to the boys to stop what they were doing and let a couple of soft tries in?

The Friz

Juniors
The rot started with Latimores pathetic attempt on Gutherson from marker.
He is simply not NRL standard. Has to go, surely there is someone better available. I don’t watch lower grades.
I look at the young kiwi bloke that has been coming on for the Roosters, then I see Latimore :rolling_eyes:

Wittenberg

Juniors
I’ll tell you what happened, Ill discipline from players who are not made accountable and keep getting picked every week! That is 100% up to the coach.
Some players get picked every week because there is not a lot of quality available below them. Well Norman will be out and probably Friz as well next week so we will need two newbies in the 17. We also have to remember we have had to play without Sims and Widdop, and JDB’s night out has meant we have missed an Origin forward all year.

There was too little aggression in defense from our pigs today. Especially when you're up 14-nil, you should have your foot on the oppositions throat and never let up. The will to dominate the opposition pack and thereby win games is not there and whose job is it to instill that if not Mary's?
Today has to be Latimore's last game for a bit. Ford and Timms are more than ready. And if Jai Field isn't 5/8 next week I will go to work nude.

getsmarty

Immortal
Better side?

hahahaha

One clue: take a look at how dynamic, secure, and dangerous our backs we have at the moment.

Then compare the halves and forwards..anyway it wouldn't matter ..........give Bennett our current side and they wouldn't be making basic mistakes because he drills them with the fundamentals at training...of course if your happy with McGregor then you are entitled to your opinion...

utility dragon

Juniors
Some players get picked every week because there is not a lot of quality available below them. Well Norman will be out and probably Friz as well next week so we will need two newbies in the 17. We also have to remember we have had to play without Sims and Widdop, and JDB’s night out has meant we have missed an Origin forward all year.[/QUOTE
I agree that we it was made even more difficult with our injuries but McGregors reluctance to give players a run has stifled our development. Well as you said, his hand will be forced now.

getsmarty

Immortal
How were our tactics going at 14-0?

We looked good didnt we?

Was soft defence, soft errors, and unlucky injuries a part of our tactics today?

Good point..maybe we should make the game 38 mins long ..reduce the field to 98 metres...well said

True_Believer

Juniors
Exactly...again we fail to play for 80 mins...power Game losses its power.......

Well I actually think it was the players. They made the stupid mistakes, they dropped the ball, they didn't tackle.

As others have said, this wasn't about tactics or Mary. This was about them executing the same as they did in the first half - and they didn't. The players need to own that as it was an absolutely disgraceful effort from them in the second half.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
He is simply not NRL standard. Has to go, surely there is someone better available. I don’t watch lower grades.
I look at the young kiwi bloke that has been coming on for the Roosters, then I see Latimore :rolling_eyes:

Get rid of Latimore and have Trent Merrin on a plane from England ASAP.

getsmarty

Immortal
Well I actually think it was the players. They made the stupid mistakes, they dropped the ball, they didn't tackle.

As others have said, this wasn't about tactics or Mary. This was about them executing the same as they did in the first half - and they didn't. The players need to own that as it was an absolutely disgraceful effort from them in the second half.

And who coaches our structures...who should be instilling ball security...doesn't happen with teams coached by bellamy or Bennett on a regular basis...let's just agree to disagree...

not here to argue with you...that 2nd half was rubbish..........McGregor has had 5 1/2 years to fix it....

BBTB

Juniors
Yeah, Latimore sucks.

True_Believer

Juniors
And who coaches our structures...who should be instill ball security...doesn't happen with teams coached by bellamy or Bennett on a regular basis...let's just agree to disagree...

not here to argue with you...that 2nd half was rubbish..........McGregor has had 5 1/2 years to fix it....

It's so bizarre that somehow the players get out of this scott free for some fans. I don't like Mary, but some of the things raised in this forum defy belief.

Latest posts