What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs. Rabbitohs Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Going to be a real test for us. We've won three on the trot, but against pretty ordinary opposition. Souths look a better team than last year, Maguire has turned them into a professional cohesive unit and they can absolutely punish us when we have our lapses.

Unsure how to tip. Will wait until later in the week.

I doubt we'll see any changes to the side.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I disagree with the people who say winning this wouldn't make us contenders, because I still think we got f**ked over against the Storm. Beating a side in top form like the Rabbits will be a huge boost to our confidence. I would love to take that into the Origin period.

I'm going to tip us, but it will be a very tough contest which will be won and lost in the forwards.

Tone83

Juniors
Winning this would absolutely make the broncs contenders, but they won't, and they aren't.

Bretto

Bench
For me, it depends which Broncos team turns up. If the team who got beat 8-0 by the Roosters turns up, we'll get carved up, BUT, if the team who almost beat the Storm turn up, I think we can win in a really tight one.

Should be a good game and I can't wait.

Dazzat

First Grade
It's taken some time for the new 1,6,7,9 structure to gel, but it's starting to come together.

Norman's starting to settle into the No. 1, whereas at the start of the year he looked lost. Now he's very selective and making a huge different to our backline moves.

Prince is also starting to look at home, particularly in defence.

With McQuire back in the team, together with Hannant and Thaiday in great form I think we can give this game a shake through the forwards, and give Hodges and Norman the platform they need to weave their magic.

Mr Saab

Referee
Brisbane struggled vs a spare parts tigers team, so i dont have much hope vs Souffs. Brisbane were gifted SO MANY piggy back penalties to allow them to go on attacking raids but still managed only 14 points in 75 mins (before Hodges saved the day)
I cant see that happening vs Souffs.

DeeJ

Bench
Their forwards are their strength and I feel we can match it with them there. However Inglis is almost impossible to stop so I think he is the key.

AceAv

Juniors
That fend on Brett Stewart -the NSW fullback said it all.

Souths by 8 points I fear.

Brisbane will learn from it either way tho and I feel we should go on to win our next 3 after.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Quietly confident......

A few things go our way and we'll be right in it.

Keen to see McGuire start to fire up.

AceAv

Juniors
I have to tip bunnies sorry. Unless they don't play to their full potential, I can just see their 1,6,7,9 dominate us!

Mix in Teo, Burgess boys and Merrit and they have us covered in all areas of the park.... Except Hodges!

Bunnies forum is saying to shut him down and the games ours. We will require wal and prince to use him at the right moments and also ensure the reed/hoff combo is at it's best.

If we end up winning I expect the score to be somethng like 32-30 with Prince missing 4 conversions! -We need to employ a new goal kicker for this one off the bat. I never hated Wallace when he stepped up for this. Parker also can hit them well MOST the time..

Hoping also Thaiday cleans up his game and stops worrying about reffing the refs!?! -It just distracts him from his ability too much!

Mr Saab

Referee
Hopinh Thaiday can control himself to giving away only one penalty and not 4 like last week

austyphoon

Juniors
no way, we didn't have either of these boys against the storm and we nearly beat them. storm are way more clinical then the rabbitohs. we got this !

That was a month ago.

Did you watch last week? We would have probably lost to a injury ravaged, in poor form Tigers if it wasn't for Hodges.

I'm just hoping for a close game.