What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Roosters

Tuddy

Juniors
At one stage we had scored three tries with only four tackles in their twenty. Awesome.

But gee the chooks made some yards up our middle today, thankfully their halves still haven't clicked. Still a great performance by the team today, rock solid.

The game against the storm will really tell us where they are at, I think their wingers are really going to test us. A convincing win against them and I'll really start to think we might have a shot.

At one stage we had scored three tries with only four tackles in their twenty. Awesome.

But gee the chooks made some yards up our middle today, thankfully their halves still haven't clicked. Still a great performance by the team today, rock solid.

The game against the storm will really tell us where they are at, I think their wingers are really going to test us. A convincing win against them and I'll really start to think we might have a shot.
Yeah half way through the second half the line speed was terrible, just sitting back waiting.
I don’t know if Friz, JDB, Simms were on the field then, but the closing 20 minutes all the line speed was back and they crunched them in defence.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Another great win by the St George Boys.

I thought it was a great game and the scoreline didn't reflect the game.

I thought Easts played very well today. Today's game reminded me a bit of last week, but the other way around. We got off to a flyer this week, like the Warriors did last week, then Easts had a lot of ball in our 20m zone, but couldn't get the ball across the try line, like we did last week against the Warriors. This game was decided by a few moments of brilliance and last week was similar. We beat a very good team today.

Hunt had his best game of the year today and was a standout for MOM.

Nene, Simms, McInnes and Widdop all had great games too.

hewi

Bench
Just got home from the game, how good was it? Awesome, one of the best, Dragons fans out numbered chooks about 10 to 1. To start Klein is a wanker. The first half from about the 5th minute to the 39th minute backs to the wall , incredible effort, so proud. Ben Hunt, he delivered. Sims, Frizzel, JDB, Vaughan incredible effort, infact all the forwards. I would love Mitchell to play for us he is a gun. Did I mention Klein is a wanker? How bloody good is it to smash the feather dusters, letting Pierce go for Cronk what a mistake.

Great win by the boys today !!!

Trouble looms ahead however.

James Graham is simply not making enough metres to justify a starting role. I know we had a short turn around after the Warriors game however in my view LAM should start.

Forwards coach needs to tell Vaughan and JDB to run hard and straight with minimal footwork.

Their first action now seems to be to slow down before the defensive line to step.

Flo had perhaps his best game of the season in the air defending bombs. His lack of speed is a serious problem in both attack and defence. It will cost the team a big game soon.

Full marks to Tariq Sims, he unsettled Cronk with tremendous venom in defence. All the forwards defended well, but we need better go forward.

We need more output from Latimore and Graham.

Dufty made a good tackle to stop Tedesco 1 on 1, however he needs to commit to the high ball and his fellow backs needs to better screen him.

Didn't feel Hunt kicked well today however his general game was very good today.

Team will need to improve if we are to make top 4. The contenders will start to crank up their form as the season progresses.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

James Graham is simply not making enough metres to justify a starting role. I know we had a short turn around after the Warriors game however in my view LAM should start.

Forwards coach needs to tell Vaughan and JDB to run hard and straight with minimal footwork.

Their first action now seems to be to slow down before the defensive line to step.

Flo had perhaps his best game of the season in the air defending bombs. His lack of speed is a serious problem in both attack and defence. It will cost the team a big game soon.

Full marks to Tariq Sims, he unsettled Cronk with tremendous venom in defence. All the forwards defended well, but we need better go forward.

Dufty made a good tackle to stop Tedesco 1 on 1, however he needs to commit to the high ball and his fellow backs needs to better screen him.

Didn't feel Hunt kicked well today however his general game was very good today.

Team will need to improve if we are to make top 4. The contenders will start to crank up their form as the season progresses.

I too, have notice Graham & Vaughan have gone off the pace in attack.
Can't say l've seen the straight, hard runs at full pelt, up the middle lately.
Defence has been good, just not normal hard hit ups.
I think perhaps Graham is playing injured.

Main thing is we won!

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench

Cannot agree with your overall negative view in any shape or form. Not any.

Tuddy

Juniors

In relation to Nightingale, would the replacement player have been so solid in defence? I'd say it's unlikely and that could cost us games as well.

I'm very impressed with Leeson's post contract signing form, it's a lot different to what we saw with Packer last year which in my opinion had a huge bearing on our form at the back end of the season. I'd still leave him on the bench though, it's working so well, why change it?

Cannot agree with your overall negative view in any shape or form. Not any.

Don't get me wrong. I am very very happy we won the game.

Fact is Roosters seemed to make many more metres up the middle than our forwards did.

Thankfully our defence in our twenty was amazing. There halves are not as slick as ours at present.

The pressure is building on the forwards. They are human.

We need another front rower capable of making strong metres up the middle.

Latimore is not the answer. James Graham is a tremendous competitor, but we will need more than guts and determination to make top 4.

Team will win many games, but I don't think we can finish in top 4 unless we address our obvious weaknesses which include:

1) Dufty under the high ball
2) Need for another big boppa who can make serious metres
3) Host/Sele getting more minutes to build experience
4) Flos lack of speed

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
Don't get me wrong. I am very very happy we won the game.

Fact is Roosters seemed to make many more metres up the middle than our forwards did.

Thankfully our defence in our twenty was amazing. There halves are not as slick as ours at present.

The pressure is building on the forwards. They are human.

We need another front rower capable of making strong metres up the middle.

Latimore is not the answer. James Graham is a tremendous competitor, but we will need more than guts and determination to make top 4.

Team will win many games, but I don't think we can finish in top 4 unless we address our obvious weaknesses which include:

1) Dufty under the high ball
2) Need for another big boppa who can make serious metres
3) Host/Sele getting more minutes to build experience
4) Flos lack of speed
Seriously we turned around from game over in N

Never one to step in say something

Seriously! Yes there are a few facets of their game need to improve! But harsh on criticism of players who have got us sitting on top of the table!

Gareth67

First Grade
I said after going to the Titans game & watching his performance he was my dark horse for SOO. each week he shows me why…..

After today's game the Dragons could very well be without a number of our regular 1st graders due to SOO duties. But to the game itself - WOW ! A great win regardless of any dubious decisions ( it's about time some of them went our way ) as the Dragons were by far the better team . Very pleased with our goal line defence that kept them scoreless in that period - 3 sets of 6 .

And Mr Simms seems to be - is improving with each match , a real fireball, how wonderful to see ! MacDonalds try in my most humble opinion was a try as he still had finger tip control of the ball - I think . But not only did we get the try but also the 2 competition points to give the team that breathing space at the top of the ladder . Speaking of which - isn't the view from the top just breathtaking .

This win now gives me a greater hope that St.George Illawarra will be there at the end of season matches .

Last edited:

Latest posts