What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs The Silvertails (Manly)

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
If we get to the grand final again (touch wood), the only team I would rather not be facing is (no surprise) the Storm. I would also worry about the Roosters if they weren't all falling down dead at the moment. Souths' defense is shit and ours isn't, while the Eels are the Eels and are prone to falling over in a heap at random times.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
When 2/3s of the comp is arse you're going to have easy patches in any draw. It's just a numbers thing.

Yeh no doubt, just pointed out that’s the patch you’ve had so far, and it’ll be interesting to see how you go with b2b2b difficult games, since you’ve not been properly tested yet.

These other blokes don’t like that being pointed out it seems.

Lol ain’t changing shit, I’ll be the first to tell you Manly is crap - and one of the main reasons we continue to lose is because we are... wait for it... crap.

Mate, as @The_Frog said in the game day thread, your team is going alright.

I like the look of that Sipley fella. He would look good in a Panthers jersey.....

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeh no doubt, just pointed out that’s the patch you’ve had so far, and it’ll be interesting to see how you go with b2b2b difficult games, since you’ve not been properly tested yet.

Cause you can't use the top 8 at this moment as a gauge.

Cowboys should beat Warriors today play Broncs next week

Newcastle and Canberra play next week
You guys should beat Warriors next week

Suddenly we go from beating 1 top 8 team to beating 5 out 9 rounds.

So it is just dumb the quality of the comp didn't change in a week

hindy111

Post Whore
Who? Storm maybe. Roosters at full strength which they're not. Broncos once or twice a season. Not too many others.

Parras Pack is better.

RCG vs JFH - JFH
Jnr vs Leota - Jnr by quite a bit.
Kikau vs Matterson = Defense and consistency Matto. Attack Kikau. What do you prefer? Kikau can bust a game wide open. Or miss tackles and go missing for 2 games in a row. His poor games are very ordinary tbh.
Lane v Capewell = Quite even.
Yeo vs Brown = Quite Even

Bench
Martin vs Papali =Close but Papali form is superior amd edges him.
Kafusi vs Spencer = Close. Kafusi defense shades him. Spencer attacks better.Spencer edges him just.
Eisenhuth vs Niakuore.= Marata by a mile.
May vs Cartwright= Bryce looks back to best. May I dont get.

You then have Greig,Hipgrave,Stone as handy back ups.

age.s

First Grade
Anyway, I dont think its controversial to say that we'll want to find another gear when we face the best teams in the comp. Theres just a little bit of fluency missing at the moment.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

We beat Melbourne in Melbourne, first time in our clubs history I believe.

You can only play who you play and everyone is out to get us.

But you’re correct, we make good sides look shit and your team is certainly shit.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Parras Pack is better.

RCG vs JFH - JFH
Kikau vs Matterson = Defense and consistency Matto. Attack Kikau. What do you prefer? Kikau can bust a game wide open. Or miss tackles and go missing for 2 games in a row. His poor games are very ordinary tbh.

Bench
Kafusi vs Spencer = Close. Kafusi defense shades him. Spencer attacks better.Spencer edges him just.

Hahahaha f**k off back to the Parra forum you weird 2 team merkin

WestyLife

First Grade
Parras Pack is better.

RCG vs JFH - JFH

Bench

To borrow a Jane quote: Yeo defecates on Brown from a great height.

Jane Murray

Bench
You guys are very very good theres no doubting that, and you can only play the draw you’ve been dealt, but it’ll be interesting to see how you hold up when you get a run of tough opposition. You’ve had Manly x 2, Broncos, Dogs, Knights, and Cowboys so far. All shit teams. With a good win against a strong Melbourne team in there.

Fun fact - Manly have beaten more teams currently in the Top 8 than Penrith have.
Nice comment from a trolling Manly supporter.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
One thing that hasn't changed since I've been away: how easy it is for you all to be riled up by opposition fans. I would have thought success would have allowed you to perfect smug dismissals.

The_Frog

First Grade
Parras Pack is better.

RCG vs JFH - JFH

Bench

They need to keep it up for a whole season which they didn't do last year. I suppose we didn't either but the fade out was not until the pointy end.

Bryce and May aren't comparable. Bryce is a player of genuine flair when he's on, but this newfound form is only two games old against well beaten opponents. He has a lot yet to prove. He's an impact player whereas May is a genuine utility who can throw a long ball and do 25 tackles for you, but apart from that he's not really a game breaker. What he does, he can do every week. He came on and played fullback against the Storm for 40 minutes. I'd like to see Bryce do that.

But good for you for supporting your team.

Last edited:

Smug Panther

First Grade
They need to keep it up for a whole season which they didn't do last year. I suppose we didn't either but the fade out was not until the pointy end.

Bryce and May aren't comparable. Bryce is a player of genuine flair when he's on, but this newfound form is only two games old against well beaten opponents. He has a lot yet to prove. He's an impact player whereas May is a genuine utility who can throw a long ball and do 25 tackles for you, but apart from that he's not really a game breaker. What he does, he can do every week. He came on and played fullback against the Storm for 40 minutes. I'd like to see Bryce do that.

But good for you for supporting your team.
May made some awful misses yesterday, especially for a fresh bench player coming on. I'd drop him for Kenny

Pomoz

Bench
May made some awful misses yesterday, especially for a fresh bench player coming on. I'd drop him for Kenny
May had the highest tackle percentage in the team. He made 26 tackles and missed 1. You must have mistaken him for another player.

Kenny is a better hooker, but he can't play the other positions such as centre and half back at the same level May can. May provides insurance. I'm sure Ricky Stuart wishes he had May in his team, the last few times he lost a back during the game through injury.

The worst defensive performance in the team was Martin. 12 tackles, 4 missed, 2 ineffective.