What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs The Silvertails (Manly)

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Only saw the last 20 minutes or so - Kikau looked out of sorts during that time and last week. Was he otherwise good today, and has he been this poor all year? (I haven't seen all our games.)

Munky

Coach
Only saw the last 20 minutes or so - Kikau looked out of sorts during that time and last week. Was he otherwise good today, and has he been this poor all year? (I haven't seen all our games.)

Whatever good he's done this year has been overshadowed by poor tackling and knock ons.

Not quite grand final level bad but pretty ordinary.

The game saving take against the Storm was great though.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Good win, we lack patience. What happened to all the in goal grubbers and three sets in a row on the line. Scoring is important but wearing them out more so.

He's being carried by the rest of the pack.

Next contract he'll want superstar money and it won't be worth it.
Yeah I really like him but some bum club will throw a million at him

pantherz9103

First Grade
We could have won more easily if we didn't make the odd silly error but overall can't complain. Manly stood up impressively in the second half and our defence held firm mostly.

Only the second team in the NRL era to start a season with 8 wins and 0 losses. The other was the Storm was 2012.

Kilkenny

Coach
We probably should have been 16-20 up at half time. So they were still in the game.

They had a real dig in that first 15 of the second half, got a fortunate try to get them within six but our defence otherwise was outstanding.

Again I think this was another really good win against a desperate side who left nothing out there.

Really gutsy, hope JFH is alright.

chrisD

Coach
We lose momentum, as is bound to happen sometimes, but always have an answer to take it back. Usually Cleary.

I think Edwards and To’o are the only outside backs doing justice to the time, space and quality ball they’re getting. Probably not Burton this week, he didn’t get much of a look in.

Crichton’s tackling was very encouraging. I don’t know if Edwards should have done better or if that bloke is the fastest player in the NRL.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m gonna be carved up for saying it, but we really are one really powerful front rower / middle short.

Watching our major competitors I am really concerned we are one top quality forward short of where we need to be.

Kilkenny

Coach
We lose momentum, as is bound to happen sometimes, but always have an answer to take it back. Usually Cleary.

I think Edwards and To’o are the only outside backs doing justice to the time, space and quality ball they’re getting. Probably not Burton this week, he didn’t get much of a look in.

Crichton’s tackling was very encouraging. I don’t know if Edwards should have done better or if that bloke is the fastest player in the NRL.

Statistically he is the fastest player in the NRL.

WestyLife

First Grade

Saab has a better top speed than JAC because of his long legs.